who would be in your power house confrence?

Sports 101
Varsity

who would be in your power house confrence?

Post by Sports 101 »

If you had to pick any teams in your confrence who would they be...have fun with this one!!!!

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Re: who would be in your power house confrence?

Post by Dr Lou »

I'm trying to make it semi realistic as well with travel, etc

Portsmouth
Minford
Wheelersburg
Ironton
Chillicothe
North Adams
Westfall
Piketon
Chesapeake
Zane Trace

Unique mix I know.

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

i agree with the list above except id like to add waverly, greenfield, and peebles

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

As a Chillicothe fan, I would not want to be in a conference with any of the teams mentioned below except Portsmouth, Ironton, and MAYBE Wheelersburg. The others are too small and we need to play tougher competition. I mean, North Adams doesnt even have a football team. We need to shade more towards playing the larger schools in SEO and the smaller columbus schools.

If only allowed to use schools in SEO, I would say my dream conference would be...

Chillicothe
Portsmouth
Logan Elm
Logan
Circleville
Waverly
Marrietta
Zanesville

Travel would be tough but imagine the battles in ALL sports. Circleville has been weak the last few years in football and Bball but are strong in other sports. Chilli, Zanesville and LE are strong in all sports. Marietta is tough in all but football. Logan is great in football and respectable in everything but basketball. Waverly and Portsmouth would be towards the bottom but if those schools are at the bottom that would be one heck of a league. IMO.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

well mine would be......

Piketon(since im a piketon fan) Reason-Had a great season and i see more coming
Chillicothe-great program that has had alot of recent success
Logen elm-great program and always has good teams
North adams-basketball powerhouse
Waverly-d2 and always competitive
Logan-always good
Oak Hill-with stormin norman at the helm will always be good
Wheelersburg-great history and always will compete
Portsmouth-year in and year out has great athletes

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Logan Elm
Chillicothe
Greenfield McClain
Waverly
Vinton County
Logan
Jackson
Hillsboro

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

How about Racine Southern. I mean they did beat Eastern that last 7 times they played them. And don't forget, they almost beat out Waterford for the TVC championship. That has to count for something.

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

I dont feel any d 4 teams should be on this list unless your talking about oak hill. Besides Racine Southern did not impress me at all.

southernpride
Riding the Bench

Post by southernpride »

All D4 teams are cyclic. It wasnt that long ago that everyone considered Oak Hill an easy win. 3 years ago the D4 team to beat was South Webster. Before that, It would have been Webster and Whiteoak. Because of size, D4 teams will never have consistent talent to compete year in and year out.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:How about Racine Southern. I mean they did beat Eastern that last 7 times they played them. And don't forget, they almost beat out Waterford for the TVC championship. That has to count for something.

i take it this is not a serious post :?: :?: :?:

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Trimble Juvenile wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:How about Racine Southern. I mean they did beat Eastern that last 7 times they played them. And don't forget, they almost beat out Waterford for the TVC championship. That has to count for something.

i take it this is not a serious post :?: :?: :?:

I think it actually was. :lol:

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

I'm guessing your a Southern fan because i don't think anyone that is from any other community feels the same way.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

My list would look like this.

-Wheelersburg
-Minford
-Valley
-Oak Hill
-Portsmouth
-Piketon
-Waverly
-Chillicothe

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

I'm not sure I've got the years right but my D-4 conference .....

2009 Oak Hill - State Champ
2006 South Webster - State Champ
2005 South Webster
2005 Reedsville Eastern
2005 Whiteoak
2004 South Webster - State semi finalist
2004 Reedsville Eastern
2002 Whiteoak - State semi finalist
2001 Reedsville Eastern - State semi finalist

I'm sure I'm stepping on a lot of toes and I apologize for all unintentional slights but I watched all of these teams play and IMO are the best of the D-4's in the 2XXX years.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

You can make fun of Southern all you want. But the fact is they have won more games then any team in southeastern Ohio.

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

Are we not talking about a power house conference of today. We're not talking about how good teams were from 15 er 20 years ago. We are however talking about teams that have competed year in and year out lately. If Southern where to be placed in a conference with almost any of the d-2 or d-3 teams listed they would be at the bottom of the conference every year so yes i'm going to make fun of southern because it would not make sense for there school to be placed in a power house conference like that.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

allohio87 wrote:Are we not talking about a power house conference of today. We're not talking about how good teams were from 15 er 20 years ago. We are however talking about teams that have competed year in and year out lately. If Southern where to be placed in a conference with almost any of the d-2 or d-3 teams listed they would be at the bottom of the conference every year so yes i'm going to make fun of southern because it would not make sense for there school to be placed in a power house conference like that.

First off not one person from Southern said anything about Southern been in the power house conference. I stated the fact to all you that was making fun of Southern that they had the most wins in southeastern Ohio. I could careless if you want to make fun of them allohio. That tells me you either have never played basketball or never been on a winning team.Because most people who played on good teams respect other winning teams.If you go to the state tournament and watch every year you would noctice most southeastern Ohio teams year in and out would be at the bottom of the D1 and D2 powers in the north.Chilly last year was an exception. Look how good GM was in the Dante days and never made it to the state.I love to see southeastern Ohio teams win,but the truth is I don't know that you could put any of them in a power conference year in and out and win.

bwalker
Riding the Bench

Post by bwalker »

2003 was Whiteoak as well.

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

George Jones wrote:
allohio87 wrote:Are we not talking about a power house conference of today. We're not talking about how good teams were from 15 er 20 years ago. We are however talking about teams that have competed year in and year out lately. If Southern where to be placed in a conference with almost any of the d-2 or d-3 teams listed they would be at the bottom of the conference every year so yes i'm going to make fun of southern because it would not make sense for there school to be placed in a power house conference like that.

First off not one person from Southern said anything about Southern been in the power house conference. I stated the fact to all you that was making fun of Southern that they had the most wins in southeastern Ohio. I could careless if you want to make fun of them allohio. That tells me you either have never played basketball or never been on a winning team.Because most people who played on good teams respect other winning teams.If you go to the state tournament and watch every year you would noctice most southeastern Ohio teams year in and out would be at the bottom of the D1 and D2 powers in the north.Chilly last year was an exception. Look how good GM was in the Dante days and never made it to the state.I love to see southeastern Ohio teams win,but the truth is I don't know that you could put any of them in a power conference year in and out and win.

Well i could definately agree with that because your right in that there are not a lot of teams that have been good year in and year out here lately.

Return to “Boys Basketball”