Manchester Greyhounds VS Waterford Wildcats @ The Convo 3/9

Who is going to win??

Total votes: 0

FLAGMANUSA
Waterboy

Manchester Greyhounds VS Waterford Wildcats @ The Convo 3/9

Post by FLAGMANUSA »

The Greyhounds coming off a sectional win against South Webster, and the Wildcats winning there sectional game against Trimble! Should be a great basketball game at the Convo! So what are you thoughts and predictions!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Re: Manchester Greyhounds VS Waterford Wildcats @ The Convo 3/9

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

If someone from Manchester may help me here, I would be greatful.

Our newspaper covers Oak Hill and I am trying to get my ducks in a row as far as information for previews are concerned. I have Oak Hill information obviously, and also have information on Leesburg Fairfield and Waterford.

Of the teams in that top part of the district bracket, I don't have Manchester's.

All I know about them is that Jerred Quinlan and Dylan Hanson made all-SHL, citing the list on c103fm website. I have tried e-mailing Don Bowles at that station about obtaining some information (twice), since he is their play-by-play guy I believe, but no reply back from him.

If someone can point me in the right direction as far as points per game average, rebounds per game average, shooting percentages or any other telling stat, it would be helpful.

Also, if there are any other Greyhounds which stand out as well.

Please pm me the info.

Thanks much.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Sound like you want a scouting report....Good luck Greyhounds!!

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

He is a sports writer. Tha is what he does for a living.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

I know nothing about Manchester.
Have seen Waterford a few times, and they have gotten much better in the last ten games. The big kid is really playing lots better than the first half of the season, and the Hall kid is scoring in double figures also.
DJ Cunningham (6'11") is averaging 25 points, about 20 rebounds, 8 blocks, and 6 assists each game.
See that Manchester beat the Jeeps'. They used to be good every year, what happened?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

rickoshay wrote:I know nothing about Manchester.
Have seen Waterford a few times, and they have gotten much better in the last ten games. The big kid is really playing lots better than the first half of the season, and the Hall kid is scoring in double figures also.
DJ Cunningham (6'11") is averaging 25 points, about 20 rebounds, 8 blocks, and 6 assists each game.
See that Manchester beat the Jeeps'. They used to be good every year, what happened?

They lost a ton of talent and they are very young. Also their coach left two years ago to pursue a career in administration.

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

The cats are big and if they control the momentum they should win. I have heard that Manchester likes to run and have some height which sounds similair to what Waterford does. Should be an interesting game. I'm from Waterford so you know I gotta go with the Cats especially the way they have been playing lately. Cunningham hasn't went under 30 points in a few games so it will be interesting to see how the Greyhounds plan to stop him. Let's go Cats!!!!!!!!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Waterford by 10...

GreenDevils#1
Freshman Team

Post by GreenDevils#1 »

Greyhounds by 12.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Greyhounds by 15.

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

The difference in this game will be Manchesters ability to handle Cunningham. He has faced some small opponents in his last two games, if the rosters I have looked at are correct, Trimble's tallest was 6'1 and from what I hear Southern is not much taller. The Hounds have 3 that are 6'4 with long arms, they should be able to contest his shot a little more. If Manchester can find a way to contain him and stop everyone else from going off, they will win this game. Keep rolling Hounds and represent the SHL!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dj is 6-11 and and when he takes up hard he is hard to stop.It just depends on if everyone around him wants to show up.Waterford has bad guard play and loves to turn the ball over.When they do not turn it over they win.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

EasternDspy wrote:When they do not turn it over they win.

Wow, that sounds like 99% of high school teams.

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

6'4 is still not 6'11. And it's not like he is a pushover. You will be lucky to hold him under 30 because he has went off the last couple of games.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

boomer633...Thanks for the link.

Also, thanks to a couple of others who pm'd me the information.

This will work. Thanks again.

Tar Heel fan....Yes, I'm a sportswriter for our paper as I said in my previous post. Just trying to get preview pieces lined up here in the event of an Oak Hill-Manchester or Oak Hill-Waterford district final.

the manager
Waterboy

Post by the manager »

Having watched Cunningham play and having seen the Greyhounds play I like the Wildcats. Cunningham is so tough in the middle. The kid can just flat dominate games. I see a 10 point wildcat win on the horizon. Best of luck to both teams though. With all the height and athletism on both teams, I would predict a few jams in this one. I will say the Hounds do have a distinct advantage in guard play. They can win if they handle DJ, but I just don't see that happening.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

If the Greyhounds just play there game and contain Cunningham a little and don't let any other player have a break out game then the Greyhounds will win. They have too many scores. When they played Western they had 11 kids score there isn't too many High School teams that can say that.

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Gotta go with Waterford by at least 15-20 if not more. They have been playing extremely good lately.

shlfrog
Waterboy

Post by shlfrog »

The greyhounds are really playing hard They have some kids that just flat out Hussel and dont give up Im going to take the Hounds by 4
The Hounds always play good at the Convo

Return to “Boys Basketball”