Who has the best student section in Southeastern Ohio?

etta09
Freshman Team

Who has the best student section in Southeastern Ohio?

Post by etta09 »

My vote goes to Marietta hands down.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Re: Who has the best student section in Southeastern Ohio?

Post by eaglefan1 »

Used to be Belpre, but not anymore, i would have to say Warren or one of the SEOAL schools.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

When the game is a good or tight one, there is no better student section in SEO than the Warren Warriors.

Etta...pretty good. need to work on the whole "class" thing... :lol:

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

I was at a game at Marietta and they werent very loud...Warren is loud year in and year out, i have played against there student section, lol and they dont have very much "class" either...they say inappropriate things, but just not where everyone can hear em...during warm-ups, when you are right beside them during the game...but i think all student sections do that...not just Warren, i know Belpres student section used to ride players the entire game until someone in charge had to tell them to stop.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

A good student section seems to be a lost art. Some are a little creative from time to time but there used to be some really good ones. Alexander used to have a big section that had some good cheers.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Belpres was no doubt the best from 2000-2005, after that it has faded every year.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

eaglefan1 wrote:Belpres was no doubt the best from 2000-2005, after that it has faded every year.

So basically when they were good.......

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Marietta's student section was louder than Warren's both at Marietta and Warren. We were also pretty good when we played Belpre but that was the beginning of the season when we were still getting into things. Plus its easier to cheer when its actually a game. Unlike playing Belpre, and Belpre had almost nobody at that game and its like a 15 minute drive. Plus what student section doesn't say something innappropriate every once in a while...i'll tell you, the crappy ones

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

logan is fierce :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Warren, from the teams I have seen.

North Adams, was pretty good.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wheelersburgs student section at home games was very entertaining and very boisterous. Some of the cheers and antics they come up with are really good. That last home game against Waverly was classic with Aaron White leading them them in some unusual moves. lol

Also, the fact that they are behind the basket is really cool too.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

the student sections that are behind the basket are really cool but you don't see it in too many high school gyms especially in the smaller schools.

I still think Marietta and Warren are probably the two best but Marietta has more numbers so we were sometimes louder. Always fun when the two teams meet. It gets real loud and the fact that people are friends from both schools kinda allows students to know some dirt on the other team to rag on their players more.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

the only reasons warrens student section was never loud when we played them was becasue they were always losing so they didnt really have much to cheer about....they just stood in the stands with thier heads down

i mean its hard to chant when your down 20 at your own place
right warren?

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

North Adams fans, not just student section, were unbelievable tonight. Huge crowd and very very loud! Congrats to the NA faithful! You were absolutely amazing tonight.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Bassmaster wrote:A good student section seems to be a lost art. Some are a little creative from time to time but there used to be some really good ones. Alexander used to have a big section that had some good cheers.

I totally agree with you Bassmaster. The student sections are going downhill. Ever since my senior year in 07, Alexander's student section has been disappointing. I do like the winning team, losing team chant they do. Hopefully they can do that for a few more games this season.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Wheelersburgs student section at home games was very entertaining and very boisterous. Some of the cheers and antics they come up with are really good. That last home game against Waverly was classic with Aaron White leading them them in some unusual moves. lol

Also, the fact that they are behind the basket is really cool too.

I agree Burg Grad, Wheelersburg Highschool student section has to be one of the best around here. They always have something new for every game. You mentioned Aaron White leading them in some unusual moves?...that is called "The rollercoaster" I found a few videos of it being performed on youtube...see what you all think! FYI..the second link has better quality..Also, people on here can see how the cheer block is set up right behind the basket..I love it!

Make sure you have your sound on!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsEDDpXRw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdZwF0z2elA this is the better video!

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

That is a sweet video of the student section roller coaster. I have seen it on youtube before but never actually seen any local schools do it and they did it pretty well. Also Marietta's entire student section sings the national anthem pre-game along with the band, its not during the game but still cool, I have never seen it done anywhere else and people have told me that they really liked it. It's hard to come up with anything too original in high school.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

etta09 wrote:That is a sweet video of the student section roller coaster. I have seen it on youtube before but never actually seen any local schools do it and they did it pretty well. Also Marietta's entire student section sings the national anthem pre-game along with the band, its not during the game but still cool, I have never seen it done anywhere else and people have told me that they really liked it. It's hard to come up with anything too original in high school.

We also treat Ironton fans,wait all teams fans , cheerleaders and anyone else who shows up to watch with respect and class ;-)

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

oh hey way to be an idiot and bring up an old subject that caused an entire other topic to get deleted. thanks for that. we continue to win games though so thats what matters right?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

etta09 wrote:oh hey way to be an idiot and bring up an old subject that caused an entire other topic to get deleted. thanks for that. we continue to win games though so thats what matters right?

Just sing Barney,It will be all right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZivl5i ... re=related

Return to “Boys Basketball”