All TVC-Ohio

eaglefan1
Varsity

All TVC-Ohio

Post by eaglefan1 »

Who do you think should get All TVC-Ohio? lets hear some thoughts....here are some possibilities

Andy Grillo, VC
Jake Prater, VC
Ethan Allen, VC
Greg Frost, Alex
Kyle Barnhouse, Alex
Eric Tolar, Alex
Matt Witten, Athens
Frank Valentour, Athens
Markie Tate, Belpre
Jared Azar, Belpre
Clay Bolin, Meigs
i dont know about anyone else from meigs or wellston, or nelsonville...someone help me out

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Re: All TVC-Ohio

Post by FLASH-G »

I think the King kid from Wellston is a first class player and a first class kid he should be 1st or 2nd team.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

the mvp of meigs this year is gabe hill. without him they would have been hard pressed to win. clay is normally great but he was out for better than a month. i would say gabe was at least 1/3 of the "O" and very clutch.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

Mychal Mitchell needs to be considered as well.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

FLASH-G wrote:I think the King kid from Wellston is a first class player and a first class kid he should be 1st or 2nd team.

I'm with Flash!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

You also have to consider Dyl Guthrie from VC. Im pretty sure he was the leading scorer on the championship team.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

I believe Markie Tate was the leading scorer in the conference, someone correct me if i am wrong...but I think Prater, Grillo, and Allen mean more to VC's team than Dylan Guthrie. But if VC gets 4 on the team then it will be those 4, without a doubt.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Just to clarify, the league champion — Vinton County in this case — gets four all-league selections.

Wellston and Nelsonville-York receive one apiece for sixth and seventh.

There is no "first" or "second" team. It is all one team.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Just to clarify, the league champion — Vinton County in this case — gets four all-league selections.

Wellston and Nelsonville-York receive one apiece for sixth and seventh.

There is no "first" or "second" team. It is all one team.

And Frost from Alex wouldnt get picked?

hose a
Waterboy

Post by hose a »

i nominate benny ewing of meigs as coach of the year. he set out to rid meigs of any talent and came within 2 senors of doing it. that is dedication and commitment. keep after 'em benny get rid of jeremy( almost but he came back) and jacob and we'll be as good as nelsonville :lol:

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Space Cowboy....never said Frost from Alexander wouldn't get picked. Fans can pretty much piece together the team. My good guess is that he is on the team, but I can't say with 100-percent certainty and beyond a reasonable because the list hasn't been released yet.

I was simply saying that the first-place team has 4 selections while the sixth and seventh have one apiece.

Alexander, as the second-place team this year, has three while fourth and fifth-place teams, including Belpre, have two apiece.

freakintheseat
Freshman Team

Post by freakintheseat »

eaglefan1 wrote:I believe Markie Tate was the leading scorer in the conference, someone correct me if i am wrong...but I think Prater, Grillo, and Allen mean more to VC's team than Dylan Guthrie. But if VC gets 4 on the team then it will be those 4, without a doubt.

But Tate was not on the championship team.

Guthrie is definitely an important part of the Vikings team, he has to be top scorer and top rebounder, aren't those two things important parts of basketball and winning games?? No one member is more important than any other. Prater, Allen and Grillo have all been benched with foul trouble and Guthrie, Clark, Reed, Ward, Thompson and Lawhead have all stepped up when needed.
I just wish VC had 6 or 7 spots on All-TVC, our 5th, 6th and 7th man are also important parts of this team and deserve the recognition.

King and Prater of Wellston. I would take Bobo of Alexander before Tolar.

Combs is TVC Coach of the year.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

freakintheseat wrote:
eaglefan1 wrote:I believe Markie Tate was the leading scorer in the conference, someone correct me if i am wrong...but I think Prater, Grillo, and Allen mean more to VC's team than Dylan Guthrie. But if VC gets 4 on the team then it will be those 4, without a doubt.

But Tate was not on the championship team.

Guthrie is definitely an important part of the Vikings team, he has to be top scorer and top rebounder, aren't those two things important parts of basketball and winning games?? No one member is more important than any other. Prater, Allen and Grillo have all been benched with foul trouble and Guthrie, Clark, Reed, Ward, Thompson and Lawhead have all stepped up when needed.
I just wish VC had 6 or 7 spots on All-TVC, our 5th, 6th and 7th man are also important parts of this team and deserve the recognition.

King and Prater of Wellston. I would take Bobo of Alexander before Tolar.

Combs is TVC Coach of the year.

Levi Lawhead has been playing with some serious intensity lately. This young man has stepped up his level alot this season. I cant wait to see him play next year.
Brandon Clark, IMO, is one of the quickest players in SE Ohio. I also think he is one of the most underrated players in SE Ohio. He would have a starter for most other teams.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Tate also shot almost every time he touched the ball. I bet his shooting % was in the 20's. Azar and Loyland are better players.

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

athens78 wrote:Tate also shot almost every time he touched the ball. I bet his shooting % was in the 20's. Azar and Loyland are better players.

Are you serious. I'd bet every TVC coach would disagree with that ridiculas statement. With a coaching staff that did no game planning, no base offense, no press or press brake were a part of the the program. No offensive plays were designed to help him score. He led Belpre in assist and was 3rd in rebounding. Almost every game he saw some type of special defense designed to stop him. I doubt seriously that the Azar's would agree with you either. Whenever Jared had huge night he was on the recieving end of some amazing passes from Tate. If you check your facts you'd know that Markie scored the majority of his points in the 2nd half after Belpre had fallen behind or clinging to a small lead I love to have a dollar everytime the coaching staff said "Markie go score" coming out of a timeout or to start a quarter. The kid did everything he was ask to do and manages to score a few points. Ah I bet it was ur kid that tried to guard him when Belpre played Athens. That was a game in Athens that Belpre was never in
yet with Tate's scoring and assist Belpre made a valiant effort to close it to one possesion at games end. Quit Hatin !

Donger
Waterboy

Post by Donger »

Maybee they can put Tate on the TVC all academic team. :oops: :lol:

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Donger wrote:Maybee they can put Tate on the TVC all academic team. :oops: :lol:

hope that makes you feel good about yourself :roll:

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

Whether you like to admit it or not...Markie Tate can flat out play basketball....yeah he shoots a lot, but who else does he have to create any kinda offense besides him? NO ONE...Scott Loyland is a good player, he does all the dirty work, rebounds, plays d, he also finishes very well. But hes not a offense creator, he feeds off of other people, giving him the pass where he can score. And to say Jared Azar ia a better player than Markie Tate is a ridiculous statement. Azar scored almost all his points on uncontested layups or 10 foot jumpshots..most of them coming from Tate assists...Tate has no set plays for him to score, no offense of any kind..he creates his own shots, i would love to see what this kid could do playing for an actual coach and not Plummer, and the rest of the funny farm. Markie Tate may not have the grades, but the kid can play. He makes everyone else around him better because coaches gameplan to stop him. Tate gets double teamed, he finds his teammates for assists. He led Belpre in scoring, assists and steals. This kid has a will to win, he shoots a lot because the kid is confident, hes confident he can make shots and help his team win. So before you make ridiculous statements, please learn your facts...i was at the Belpre-Athens game at Belpre and Matt Witten shot just as many times as Tate did. The go-to players tend to shoot more, they are the scorers, thats what they do...score.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Just a couple things bother me about this thread. First and foremost, I COMPLETELY disagree that depending on where your team finishes in the league race your amount of All Conference players are determined. Case in point, this year, VC has the best TEAM, but other than a couple players they don't have a lot of "All Conference" standout type players, yet 4 players will receive this award. That is in NO WAY knocking the other players on the squad. As a former coach I would MUCH rather have that type of players on my TEAM than a couple of "studs". As I have said before, WINS and LOSSES are THE most important stat in my opinion. And on the flip side of the rule "depending on your league finish you get x amount of players on the all league team", Alexander Volleyball only could have 4 players receive that award. This past year I am not sure there was another player in the league that could have started or been in the Spartans rotation, yet the were given "All Conference" awards. And I can tell you that this rule also sets up the coaches to take a LOT of grief from the fans in the "we finished in such and such place and got 3 kids on the All League team, why did coach give it to Johnny rather than Jimmy. I also hate to see on here that Belpre, at one time the class of the TVC in basketball, have fans flat out trashing their coach. Just a shame from my perspective but I'm not at every Belpre game or practice. And on another rant, I HATE hearing people say that so and so should have received the award because he is a senior and that other kid is only a freshman/sophmore. Remember, this is, or SHOULD be about who the BEST 10-12-15 players in the TVC.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

Freak -

Where is my broccoli soup? It is going to be Spring soon...geez... ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”