Prime Time
S

Southern at Waterford for the TVC Hocking Title 2-24-09

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford 7-2
Southern 6-3
Waterford wins league with win.
Southern wins & they share the title.
Looks like Waterford wins both girls & boys basketball titles this year.
Prediction Waterford 62 Southern 54
Any thoughts on this game?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: Southern at Waterford for the TVC Hocking Title 2-24-09

Post by Steely Dan »

Before my thoughts about the game. PT - What happened to Papa Smurf??????

LOL!!!!

Waterford is a tough place to play, and for a team that relys upon their outside shooting, it is even tougher. This gym is just tough to shoot in, period.

I don't like the odds, as the does rely upon their outside shooting to get their game going, and going inside against the Wildcats really isn't an option, unless you feed the post high and drive straight at the big boy, as he tries to block everything, and may get in foul trouble, if you play smart.

Should be an interesting game. If H2Oford wins both crowns, I would not be surprised.

Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

PRIME TIME wrote:Waterford 7-2
Southern 6-3
Waterford wins league with win.
Southern wins & they share the title.
Looks like Waterford wins both girls & boys basketball titles this year.
Prediction Waterford 62 Southern 54
Any thoughts on this game?

1. Southern cant score 54 on waterford.
2. the Buckeyes stink!

Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Steely Dan wrote:Before my thoughts about the game. PT - What happened to Papa Smurf??????

LOL!!!!

Waterford is a tough place to play, and for a team that relys upon their outside shooting, it is even tougher. This gym is just tough to shoot in, period.

I don't like the odds, as the does rely upon their outside shooting to get their game going, and going inside against the Wildcats really isn't an option, unless you feed the post high and drive straight at the big boy, as he tries to block everything, and may get in foul trouble, if you play smart.

Should be an interesting game. If H2Oford wins both crowns, I would not be surprised.

I cant believe i find myself somewaht agreeing with Meely Dan. The does cant win one. Too much against them to overcome:

1. Officiating - Farmer Yoder will absolutely drill them.
2. Tradition - Waterford is building a solid basketball tradition in the TVC.
3. Talent - The Big Boy will dominate in that crackerbox gym.
4. Nickname - We used to be the "hustlin purple tornadoes". Now we are the "'does". A girly nickname cant help our mental toughness.
5. Priorities - When Howie was coaching in Racine, basketball was "priority 4" behind God, Family, and School. Baseball has filled that role in todays atheltic landscape at Racine HS.

As i said before....Pitchers and catchers report!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

i will bet the officials will not let southern win this one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

A league tie between the 2 should gibe the league title to SOuthen because that would mean a season sweep of the Wildcats.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

Southern will get there share of the title they beat Waterford once and they will do it again... They will play inside and play well inside, last game the big boy only had 13 points and was weak.... Southerns 6'2 maybe 6'3 inside boys knocked him around and put up points on him all night, he's weak and slow he should just stay home and watch the NCAA basketball on tv because he will never play at that level.....

And Chuck Taylor u need to get off here and start coaching ur Tomcats they have Waterford in the Tourny and will knock u right out in the first round so quit talking trash about Southern and worry about ur team... We all know u aint from the 80 or 82 team because they all have class and stand up and cheer for the boys playing now..

Good luck Southern go get ur share of that Title :!: :!:

Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

It is so funny when you guys try to link me with Trimble. It just kills you that someone from Racine would actually have the nerve to question the goings on of the basketball program at Southern. I just know from listening to the talk at Slims every saturday morning that everyone knows that baseball is the sport of choice at the school. Think what you want. I'll just keep laughing at you. Coach Lemley and the boys are primed to win another TVC title this spring. When will basketball ever win one? Not in the foreseeable future.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

southern people try to blame trimble for any posters they dont like on here. truth is there are only 4 or 5 on here regularly this time of year from trimble. there are a lot that get on here occasionally during basketball season. some of those are coaches, and others are fans. none of them try to act like they are from other schools that i know of. but as soon as someone from southern doesnt like what one of their fans posts, they accuse them of being from trimble. it is kind of funny really. but why would anyone who is not from southern want to act like they are? :lol:

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Chuck Tayor whatever even if u went to Southern u never played on the 80 or 82 team because they have class and support the boys who r playing right now. Yeah the Baseball team is good and they hopefully will win the title I hope they do, I hope all Southern sports do good because i am a Southern fan... If u were a ture Fan of the Purple and Gold u would cheer for all the sports and not put are boys down and say they can win anything and play bad. They are a good team that plays hard and plays with heart so stop coming on here putting them down and talking trash about them....

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

I thought all the TVC posters were people from Trimble, acting like they are from Southern, and posting about Federal Hocking????? :mrgreen:

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

HAHAHAHA. I love all this fighting!!! Waterford is not a crackerbox gym because it is way bigger than any other gym in the Hocking other than Fed Hock's. Cunningham was sick the last time they played Southern so that may have been a cause to him not dropping a triple double on Southern. Waterford wins this one and take the Hocking crown. I'm projecting a 65 44 game in favor of Waterford. The refs won't have anything to do with it!!! I love how everyone thinks Waterford gets local refs when I know the AD gets refs that do the district and regional games. And I see the same refs at other schools.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

olay135 wrote:HAHAHAHA. I love all this fighting!!! Waterford is not a crackerbox gym because it is way bigger than any other gym in the Hocking other than Fed Hock's. Cunningham was sick the last time they played Southern so that may have been a cause to him not dropping a triple double on Southern. Waterford wins this one and take the Hocking crown. I'm projecting a 65 44 game in favor of Waterford. The refs won't have anything to do with it!!! I love how everyone thinks Waterford gets local refs when I know the AD gets refs that do the district and regional games. And I see the same refs at other schools.

Yeah Cunningham was sick :lol: :lol: . U sure he wasn't day dreaming during the game about playing in the Big Ten next year for Tubby :lol: :lol:

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Might have been but at least he is going Div-1 which is something people from Southern can't say about anybody on their team.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

yeah ok thats why there are :lol: :lol: because he aint going to Div 1 their is no high school player in ohio being scouted by Big Div 1 schools, anyone can check that out at scout.com Cunningham is big but weak and slow

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Southern by 1 or 20 a TVC Championship would be sweet. Good luck Tornadoes due your best.

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I can tell you are from Meigs County because how do you think schools like The Ohio State, OU, Akron, Bowling Green, Dayton, Cincinnati, Xavier, Youngstown State, Miami, etc get their players? Most of those schools are 32,000 plus students and they get most of their players from Ohio. I would consider that a big school. Look in the Big Ten. Most of the players in the Big Ten are from Ohio, Illinois, and Michigan. I think you need to be working on your homework over there in Meigs county instead of spending all your time on scout.com

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

If you think Waterford homers you try playing at Fort Frye. Waterford has no players going D 1 unless you call OAC D 1.

GreenDevils#1
Freshman Team

Post by GreenDevils#1 »

How good is Waterford I heard that they had the big boy, but didn't have any guards to go along with him is there any truth to this?

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Oh they have some good guards. Strahler and Miller are exceptionally fast and can shoot. Both made it to state in track as juniors. Hall is more of a forward but can play the wing. Beidel can be put in as one of those players that can play forward or guard but he can shoot. Cunningham makes everyone on this team better but I would not say he is all they have. Look for Pottmeyer who is 6"6 to come in and get some solid minutes. He is great at post defense and has some solid post moves.

Return to “Boys Basketball”