Green vs South Webster 1st Round Sec.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Green vs South Webster 1st Round Sec.

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Thoughts and Predictions?

The winner gets the Greyhounds and who does everyone think will win that game?

california kid
Varsity

Re: Green vs South Webster 1st Round Sec.

Post by california kid »

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keagan
Riding the Bench

Post by Keagan »

Webster has more to prove this game. Everyone has said how they should take care of the soc I schools this year and D4 teams. Time to step up and show it. I would like to be a fly on the wall in the jeeps practice today to here the game plan. With games friday and Sat. hard to shift gears back to the cats, I think it is always harder to win the second game in a row for green. Tourney time win or go home. Haven't heard much about the greyhounds to make a good call on that one. Anyone want to compare the teams, all three, and match ups???

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Webster confuses the crap out of me. They play OH and 'Burg close both times, pummel Clay but lose to West and Green? I am still thinking they are hiding something from their first meeting with Green and will get a win on the rematch but I'll have to back off my original prediction of SW upsetting the Hounds. Manchester goes to the Convo regardless.

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

Let me tell you how it all is. This whole tournament that Green is in is really wide open for anyone to advance in that bracket until they get to Oak Hill.Manchester just beat Whiteoak last night with a 6-14 record by one point in overtime at Manchester.No one is really that good and can be beaten if a team gets it together and plays ball and does what they need to do.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Yes, but the SHL is much, much stronger than the SOC 1 this year. No one will beat the Oaks until they get to the regional.

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

You are right about the SHL being better than the SOC1. It is big time weak, but its still basically the same size schools and anything can happen on one night.You gotta play on the court and not on paper. A little confidence and momentum can go along way. Oak Hill will still have a tough time getting out of the regional again. They need to play some man sometime along the way and that is their achillies heel as it was last year.

I hope Norm wins the regional this year. He definitely deserves it with the impressive record he has year after year and if not hes still an excellent coach

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Agreed. Good luck to all teams in the new season.

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

Is the this the 1st or 2nd game of the night? Anybody know times for both?

Bobcatbeliever
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobcatbeliever »

its the only game of the night at 7

who will have to step up for each to help them win the game?

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

After seeing Green play Webster I think with a change at point guard and using a player or two in sub roles a little different they should make it to the district. Will have to continue to get the ball inside first which will help open it up for Stapleton on the outside.If not, smart teams will start denying the ball and double the post and give them some big trouble.Thats where their bench will come into play using the Poe kid along with Ratcliff.Hard for teams to defend them both down low and deny Stapleton the ball also.Just my humble opinion from the stands

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Good Luck Jeeps!

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Green must dump the ball inside as much as possible and stop the guard penetration on defense to win this game. Queen is the one I think Green has to keep an eye on. He is big and athletic enough to hinder Green around the basket{he didn't play enough @ Green}. Clarke[senior] must step up if Green is to win. Good luck Cats.

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

You are right Hoot, Greens zone defense is to open in the middle which a zone is supposed to force outside shots and Webster got inside many times the last game but just missed to many shots.They need to play a little man also. Queen can't handle Ratcliff inside and if Green uses Poe also, that posses a bigger problem for Webster to handle.Pound it inside and pound the offensive boards along with Clarke stepping up and playing like a senior leader Green will win the next two games.i guess those decisions are the coaches to make but it al seems a no brainer to me We will see I guess.Although Ratcliff has played very wel at times he is still learning and will make some mistakes The better they play as a TEAM and a TEAM only will determine how far they get It can't be about ME or I

GreenDevils#1
Freshman Team

Post by GreenDevils#1 »

Neither team will get by the Greyhounds, so good luck with whoever wins tonight and enjoy the win cause it'll be the last win of your season when you go and face the Greyhounds there just 2 big inside with 3 kids at 6'5 and 2 guards that can shoot the lights out.

jet2010
Waterboy

Post by jet2010 »

Ill say that the Cats will WIN big. :D

basketballparent
Freshman Team

CONGRATULATIONS JEEPS!!!!

South Webster 38
Green 32

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

is that a final score?

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

game went right down to the wire Green only down 2 with less
than a minute too go in the game. GOOD LUCK TO
THE JEEPS.

basketballparent
Freshman Team

yes, that is a final score!

Return to “Boys Basketball”