Who are the top J.V. Teams in the area?

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Who are the top J.V. Teams in the area?

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Who are the best J.V. teams in Southeast Ohio? Which teams will make a big impact on a Varsity roster in 2012-2013? Your Thoughts??????

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Who are the top J.V. Teams in the area?

Post by noreply66 »

I think Logan should have a good team.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

don't know yet too early to tell! lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC always has a good jv squad.. not losing more than 4 or 5 games in a year since probably 02. 3 or 4 of those years going undefeated ..including last year.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Dundas wrote:VC always has a good jv squad.. not losing more than 4 or 5 games in a year since probably 02. 3 or 4 of those years going undefeated ..including last year.
Actually, the JV team went a staggering 9-11 during their 2008-2009 campaign. Since then, they have just been rambling off wins. I look for the young Vikings under the reigns of Coach Hale to really take care of the ball and win some games again this year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I figured you'd know Ted! 1 bad year out of 10.. I'd think anyone would take that. Now the freshman team. ..that's a whole different story! :lol: :lol:

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

If they'd get rid of that coach, they'd be in business.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

River Valley has a HUGE freshman class with most of them playing JV this year. Look for them to compete in the next year or 2. My 8th grade AAU team from last year are now freshman and should all be able to add to their respective programs. Here is the list:

Michael Davis (Portsmouth West)
Zach Justice (Minford)
Jacob Spradlin (Wheelersburg)
Ryan Brown (Valley)
Brayden Greer (River Valley)
Chris McAvena (River Valley)
Aden Yates (Point Pleasant)
Jacob Blair (Raceland)
Tristen Wolfe (Southern)
Devin Lucas (South Gallia)

I will tell you that Aden Yates (from Point Pleasant, WV) is the best 9th grader in the area.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ted Striker wrote:If they'd get rid of that coach, they'd be in business.
You may be onto something there Ted.. if he didn't spend his offseason trying to fix that duck hook and focus more on basketball, we could have a successful team.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

npeifer wrote:River Valley has a HUGE freshman class with most of them playing JV this year. Look for them to compete in the next year or 2. My 8th grade AAU team from last year are now freshman and should all be able to add to their respective programs. Here is the list:

Zach Justice (Minford)
Ryan Brown (Valley)
Jacob Blair (Raceland)
Tristen Wolfe (Southern)

I will tell you that Aden Yates (from Point Pleasant, WV) is the best 9th grader in the area.
Will the Raiders have a freshman team this season?

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

[/quote]

Will the Raiders have a freshman team this season?[/quote]

The boys were told they would have "some" freshman games yes. There is only 1 sophomore playing for RV and only about 11 juniors/seniors so the JV will be made up of almost entirely freshman. Might be hard to play all 3 Freshman/JV/Varsity....

But the freshman class is STRONG. I would think that they would be tough to beat in freshman games.

joe_tornadoe
Freshman Team

Post by joe_tornadoe »

Dem Southern Tornadoes are pretty strong. I hear that Joe Smith boy been eatin' his wheaties, he's able to slam dunk it two handed. He doesn't play much though, sadly. But when he gets in, ya'll better watch out. :122245

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

First of all Nick Shanks is the best freshmen in the area. But he will start varsity for western. That being said Westerns JV will be one of the best in the area with all of the other freshmen plus a few sophmores. Could very well go undefeated.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Ted Striker wrote:
npeifer wrote:River Valley has a HUGE freshman class with most of them playing JV this year. Look for them to compete in the next year or 2. My 8th grade AAU team from last year are now freshman and should all be able to add to their respective programs. Here is the list:

Zach Justice (Minford)
Ryan Brown (Valley)
Jacob Blair (Raceland)
Tristen Wolfe (Southern)

Will the Raiders have a freshman team this season?
At the OHSAA meeting they were told RV has 4 Freshmen Games Scheduled and will prob play 10 with no sophs you get into QTRS played and could hurt JV depth if some exhaust their QTRS.
I think a kid can play 100qtrs in one year.

SouthernOhioParent
Waterboy

Post by SouthernOhioParent »

Dundas wrote:I figured you'd know Ted! 1 bad year out of 10.. I'd think anyone would take that. Now the freshman team. ..that's a whole different story! :lol: :lol:
Excuse me but that Freshman has some of the best talent around. They're all very good athletes. Since when have you known a Freshman team that has two kids that can get up at the rim at VC? I heard Andy Long can dunk a volleyball. Name another freshman who's not over 6 foot tall and can do that? They're a greatly improved team. Last year Unioto beat them 52-17 & only beat them this year by 9. GREAT improvement. Combs, Hales, Sowers and Neil can turn them around. Just give them time.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

GOINDIANS wrote:First of all Nick Shanks is the best freshmen in the area. But he will start varsity for western. That being said Westerns JV will be one of the best in the area with all of the other freshmen plus a few sophmores. Could very well go undefeated.
Im from Peebles and am probably heavily biased on this but.......Beau Justice is the best freshman in the area. :-D

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I don’t know for sure, but I would imagine Portsmouth will have a strong JV since the Varsity is all seniors and 1 junior. I would guess there are a few juniors on the JV, and a good deal of sophomores, one I know played with the team during the tournament run last season.

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

Goindians, do you really thing your jv will go undefeated? freshman will be going up aginst older and faster,stronger boys. If I remember correctly, ND and SV have pretty darn good jv's.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Fairfield-Leesburg will have one of the best JV squads in the SHL this year . Great sophmore class.

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

There could be a few good teams in the area like Southeastern, Fairfield, WCH.

Return to “Boys Basketball”