Technical foul rules

Post by Swampfox »

When a coached is kicked out, it is my understanding the following happens:
out the rest of the game
sits two additional games
pays $100 fine
attends anger mgt and pays an additional $65
No appeal or very very very very small chance of winning
If this is the case the OHSAA is over 200 years behind because even our forefathers were smart enough to put in checks and balances. This happened to our Junior High coach the other night. It is my understanding he never left his seat because he was talking to the other coach to figure why he received the technical when he was hit with another one. The other AD came over after the game and did not understand either call. The official in question is licensed to officiate high school games and is only donig Junior High. I know officals have it rough, but it sounds like they have no one to answer to. Whats your take?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Technical foul rules

Post by smurray »

Come on now soccerfix.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

soccerfix wrote:Was the official XXXXX?

I think that is his favorite call :roll: :roll: :roll:

Edited by BigOrangeOne.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

It was at a TVC school. Coaches player dribbling up the court and was knocked out of bounds. Coach asked why there wasnt a block called and was immediately T'd. When the ref went to scorers table, coach realized t was on him. He was talking (in normal voice) to assistant coach saying he couldnt believe he was t'd for asking question, at this point the ref gave him another t. The opposing statitician said ref was known to have short fuse. Home AD apoligized to coach and said that t's were uncalled for. Also told coach he would help in any way possible. They was comments made that I may be better left unsaid.

Here is a junior coach that doen't make that much to start with and now has to pay $165.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

soccerfix wrote:Was the official XXXXXXXXXXX?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My first thought as well!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Let's don't be mentioning names, folks. :(

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I heard that this was another Athens Coach. Does anyone know for sure? I hope not that would make 2 Coaches from Athens getting tossed already this year under the new rule. If this official is able to do High School games and only does junior high games this may be a reason why.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And some people wonder why schools have a hard time finding coaches, especially at the Jr High level.

Unreal.

There has to be a checks and balances system. If the opposing coach wants to help out, they should call the OHSAA and tell them what happened, and then the OHSAA should PULL that officials license to do any more games.

And then we wonder why it is hard to find people who will officiate, especially at the Jr High level.

Its the circle of life folks.....throw in the almighty dollar and you have high school and jr high sports at its finest.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

stupidest rule I've ever seen. I mean if you wanted to make it hard on coaches then extend the 2 game suspension to a 3 or 4 games. Leave the money out of it.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

coach your team and dont worry about the refs!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”