Peake vs. Southern 1/24

Say_It_Ain't_So
Waterboy

Peake vs. Southern 1/24

Post by Say_It_Ain't_So »

Is this on the radio?

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it was a good game to watch.
Last edited by Say_It_Ain't_So on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panthersnaps
Waterboy

Re: Peake vs. Southern 1/24

Post by panthersnaps »

Peake comes threw with the win.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Southern and Chesapeake got after each other on defense tonight, and the result was an intense, low scoring affair with plenty of excitement. (A retired postmaster from Racine was ejected from the contest) The game was close throughout and was tied at 36 going into the fourth quarter. The Panthers outscored the Tornadoes 16-9 in the final stanza to take a very hard fought 52-45 victory.

Southern is a good division 4 team and will be a hard out for any team in southern ohio come tournament time. All their players are good ball handlers and decent shooters. Good luck the rest of the season and in the post season.

On a side note, Chesapeake has won 4 of 5 home games this season, and the same referee has won split the pot in all four games. Is that great luck, or what? :shock:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

moose wrote:Southern and Chesapeake got after each other on defense tonight, and the result was an intense, low scoring affair with plenty of excitement. (A retired postmaster from Racine was ejected from the contest) The game was close throughout and was tied at 36 going into the fourth quarter. The Panthers outscored the Tornadoes 16-9 in the final stanza to take a very hard fought 52-45 victory.

Southern is a good division 4 team and will be a hard out for any team in southern ohio come tournament time. All their players are good ball handlers and decent shooters. Good luck the rest of the season and in the post season.

On a side note, Chesapeake has won 4 of 5 home games this season, and the same referee has won split the pot in all four games. Is that great luck, or what? :shock:

I guess he didn't win the split the pot in the Ironton game :lol:

Congrats to Chesapeake on the win.

ChesyPhotographer
Waterboy

Post by ChesyPhotographer »

Yeah that one ref is the only reason chesapeake has been winning. Wasn't he at the st. joe tournament too? The same one went to the convo and kept us in the game against north adams.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I saw all the games at the convo and the three refs that did Chessy and North Adams were from the Athens, Ohio area.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Who was high scorer for Southern?

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Good to hear Southern played good tonight, even though we lost :( Good luck to Chesapeake the rest of the season!!

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

good win for Chesapeake.

They should be really good in the up coming years with the classes that are coming up. Well, that's if they can get the kids out, I think there are a total of 15ish kids in the entire program. I remember when the sophomore class was in middle school and everyone thought they were going to be the next great class, and I think something like two or three kids ended up making it. Coach Davis will have to build up those numbers.

Good luck on the next panthers.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

im pretty sure the ref your talking about is one of the peake players dad.

FanOfTheGame2004
Waterboy

Post by FanOfTheGame2004 »

jl724 wrote:I'm pretty sure the ref your talking about is one of the peake players dad.
Are you serious? Get your facts straight and quit making assumptions. Yes a player for the 'Peake has a father that refs, but does not ref Chesapeake's games. So I'm pretty sure your wrong.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

He definitely doesn't ref his son's games. That would be completely wrong...just like you.

And peake has split the pot? huh...

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

What division is Chesapeake? I'd guess that Southern gave them a run for their money?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:What division is Chesapeake? I'd guess that Southern gave them a run for their money?

I believe Chesapeake is D3 and a solid club. It was good for Southern to have a good showing because I know to date their schedule appeared weak. Best of cluck to Caldwells club.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fellas, ya gotta watch about making accusations. If Peake was REALLY receiving that much home-town cookin', someone would be turning game tapes over to the powers-that-be.

Return to “Boys Basketball”