Warren @ Marietta 1/13

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Warren @ Marietta 1/13

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

ALWAYS a HUGE GAME!! This game has special importance because it will go a long way towards determining the SEOAL North. Warren matches-up very well with Marietta and handled them nicely all summer. Every Warren player has been stepping up and playing great defense. Any Warrior starter could put up 20 points on a given night (in fact, they all have). But, the Warriors are thin right now. Ellenwood continues to rehab, and now we don't know how long Harris will be out. By all accounts Marietta has a deep bench. This could be a factor.

Of course, it's at Marietta, and that means something too.

Regardless, if the Warriors stay out of foul trouble I expect them to take this game in a tight contest. If the Warriors have to play soft because of fouls, it's anybody's ball game.

Thoughts?

tribetime
Freshman Team

Re: Warren @ Marietta 1/13

Post by tribetime »

Congrats to Warren and Marietta on big wins this weekend. Those victories make this game even more important. After Marietta's defeat of Zanesville, the pressure is on the Warriors to get a win in Marietta. A very achievable task, assuming Warren plays to their potential.
Playing at Marietta is similar to playing at Fort Frye. It hasn't been kind to teams built around inexperienced players. However, the Warriors have seemed to buck trends so far this year. Here's to hoping they continue that Tuesday. They should be very confident heading into this match-up.
Hoon has been stepping up lately, and you never know which of the other four will go for twenty. It's critical that they play team defense, as all of Marietta's players can put up big numbers.
Go Blue. Should be pumped up, but keep your cool. Marietta will do all they can to get you out of your game. You go to 5am practices for these types of games, enjoy em.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Tigers should stay with a zero in the L colum

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

noreply66 wrote:The Tigers should stay with a zero in the L colum

except for the fact that the tigers have a 2 in the L column right now....lost to fairland at Marietta college by 4 and lost tonight to Tucker County.

I do look for Marietta to win though. They have been playing pretty good this year, as have the Warriors. Should be a good match up but have to give the edge to Marietta playing at home and the students can get in your head. Although I'm sure there will be a great presence of Warren fans, Marietta will want to defend our home court. Everybody is really pumped after the first match up got cancelled.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

etta09 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:The Tigers should stay with a zero in the L colum

except for the fact that the tigers have a 2 in the L column right now....lost to fairland at Marietta college by 4 and lost tonight to Tucker County.

I do look for Marietta to win though. They have been playing pretty good this year, as have the Warriors. Should be a good match up but have to give the edge to Marietta playing at home and the students can get in your head. Although I'm sure there will be a great presence of Warren fans, Marietta will want to defend our home court. Everybody is really pumped after the first match up got cancelled.

Talking about League play

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

I see....didn't understand that. I hope your right then and the Tigers do stay with a zero in the L column in league play.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Warren fans travel very well (Even on the long road trips), I assume that on the short trip to Marietta, they will have as many, or more fans at this game.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I wouldn't worry about Warren traveling!

The students will be meeting at WHS at 4:30 to drive in a caravan to MHS in time for the door's opening...

This is gonna be a great game, hands down. I'm glad that the earlier game was rescheduled, Warren hadn't yet found its groove, and now I think they may have. I'm pumped!

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Whenever Warren and Marietta play each other there is always a huge turnout from both sides. The only difference is really just which gym your playing in. Unfortunate for Marietta that the game was rescheduled because we may have had a little advantage there, but I like the fact that they now play at the very end of the season because if SEOAL is close this game could just have that much more importance.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

What was the final score between Marietta and Tucker County?

darKnight
Riding the Bench

Post by darKnight »

Warren will be without Seth Harris for the remainder of the season, he chipped a bone in his ankle according to the most recent report.

Big loss, Warrior bench gets thinner and thinner. Marietta's however, is pretty deep.
How's that affect the game, which figures to be pretty physical?

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

I see this contest as Hebb, Venham, Fivecoait and Cunningham against Eschbaugh, Tabler, Arnold and Brockmier and their supporting casts. Warriors will have to play well and be hitting on all cylinders if they want to win this one at Marietta.

Go Blue!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

Sorry to hear aout the loss of Harris...i think it can be a good thing for someone else though...the starting 5 are going to have to carry alot of minutes but i think there might be a second freshman two years getting some playing time...venham being last year and i would venture to guess that knost would get some playing time this year...i think the warriors match up well againt the tigers and think they shoul be able to pull this one out...warriors by 3

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Tucker County won 76-70

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

You know it's a big game when the Times rights an article the day before it. All in all, before the season started I thought the Tiger's would be favored in both games this year. I'm still going to give them a slight edge for tonight, but only because they are playing at home. However, I'm picking the boys in blue.
Whoever, is willing to play balls to the wall for the entire 32 will win tonight. I feel that it'll be a good ride back on 550 tonight.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

GO TIGERS

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Tied at 29 with 2 minutes left in 3rd quarter.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

anything else?

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

42 - 41 Tigers 2 minutes left

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo