Alexander Basketball

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Alexander Basketball

Post by Memphis Raines »

The teamis looking pretty good, but what is every ones thoughts?

Rufus
JV Team

Re: Alexander Basketball

Post by Rufus »

Very well rounded and very deep. The guard play of Frost, King, and Barnhouse has the ability to go off for 50-60 points by themselves on any given night. Add in Tolar, Bobo, and Moritz underneath along with Jake Hedrick who is a banger down low...and the Spartans are a very dangerous team to play. They like to run run run...but that's no secret on a Blaine Gabriel team. I like the Spartans chances of taking the TVC-Ohio this season, but we all know the title goes through Mcarthur first.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

VC lost some great talent, but this years boys have stepped up, plus they , IMO, have more depth on the bench than last years team. The Alex boyz have matured into argueably the best starting 5 in the TVC. This is probably going to turn into the best battle for the TVC crown in years. VC @ Alex 1/23 and Alex @ VC 2/10 are gonna be some ole fashioned dog fights.

Memphis Raines
Waterboy

Post by Memphis Raines »

I agree that Alex is a front runner in the TVC ohio, but I have noticed that the Barnhouse kid hasn't been scoring as much this season as he did last year. I dont know what has changed but all that really matters is getting the "W".

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Memphis Raines wrote:I agree that Alex is a front runner in the TVC ohio, but I have noticed that the Barnhouse kid hasn't been scoring as much this season as he did last year. I dont know what has changed but all that really matters is getting the "W".
I would say that Alex IS the front runner in the TVC. IMO Alex can do a better job of controlling the tempo of a game and are more consistent than VC. Speed matches up fairly well for both. VCs strengths, vs Alex will be the depth of the bench and the 2 big men up front. These 2 games should be marked on everyones calenders as " Must see' .

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Even though Alex has had some early season injuries, I still consider them the front runner in the TVC Ohio. IMO, its there's to loose.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

2 good, solid road wins, back to back. Athens shouldnt give Alex any problem. If VC doesnt get some more consistency, they might not be much of a problem.

Spartan4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Spartan4Life »

Athens shouldn't be a problem. Against VC, I don't think the game at Alexander will even be that close. Alex should beat the Vikes by 15+. At VC will be another story, though. There will be outside factors (biased officiating, 5 vs. 8 ) that may come into play.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Post by Swampfox »

15 points against VC scares me. Coach Combs looks like he crying all the time, but he gets his players to play. They just seem to keep bringing them.

Jeff Spicoli
Waterboy

Post by Jeff Spicoli »

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Coach Combs is'nt Crying man He Jus needs to Poop Man!

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

Spartan4Life wrote:Athens shouldn't be a problem. Against VC, I don't think the game at Alexander will even be that close. Alex should beat the Vikes by 15+. At VC will be another story, though. There will be outside factors (biased officiating, 5 vs. 8 ) that may come into play.

Athens shouldn't be a problem??? I hope you are not on the Alex coaching staff. Maybe you can just contact Athens and arrange to not even play this game, why waste the time?????

VC is probably the only school in the TVC Ohio that does NOT hire ref's that live within the school district, mainly in part because........THERE AREN'T ANY THAT LIVE IN VC!!!!!!!

The Wellston crew does most of VC's games. They are the best crew around, and I can promise you they will not be doing VC any favors.

Don't start whining about this already :oops:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Spartan4Life wrote:Athens shouldn't be a problem. Against VC, I don't think the game at Alexander will even be that close. Alex should beat the Vikes by 15+. At VC will be another story, though. There will be outside factors (biased officiating, 5 vs. 8 ) that may come into play.
IMO Alex should take the TVC this year, but gimmie a break! They dont just play VC once. And dont get too overconfident going into Athens. The Dogs remember, very well, the butt kickins Alex and VC both have put on them in years past. As far as officiating goes VC almost always draws a couple of refs that aint gonna see it the way the home crowd does. Dont start hiding behind the ref thing already.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OVERRATTED

Kosmo K
Waterboy

Post by Kosmo K »

Dosent the school AD arrange for all the refs for every game??

Kosmo K
Waterboy

Post by Kosmo K »

If this is true, and I were the AD of a school, I would be calling VC's AD and getting some names. Especially if they can make up a 15 point spread in one game!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”