Ironton @ Chesapeake

Peake
SEOP

Ironton @ Chesapeake

Post by Peake »

This one has the potential to be a good old fashion Lawrence county barn burner so I'm taking the Peake in a close one b/c they are playing so well!!!

GO PEAKE!!!
Last edited by Peake on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Ironton @ Chesapeake

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

It's looking good for him to be back for this game. He was supposed to be back at practice after the Burg game.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

what are your thoughts???
Last edited by Peake on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I think Ironton is the favorite in this one BUT they looked - let's just say , "unIronton" like vs Wheelersburg this week ... with that said - Coach Daivs IS one of the best coaches in Southern/Southeastern Ohio , his Panthers ARE one of the top teams in Southern Ohio ... great TEAM play, outstanding defensively, fundamentally sound at both ends of the floor - it goes without saying I really like this CHS TEAM ... 3 players that can throw up 20+ on any night - Copley/Webb/Saunders ... perimeter scoring in Webb/Copley/Angle ... inside presence with Saunders ... players that can score off the dribble Copley/Webb/Saunders ... a good pg in Hintz ... a hard nosed group of athletes - Matt Angle took 3 charges vs HHS ... THIS TEAM can give an Ironton type team fits ... after the BIG game the 'peake had in beating Huntington - don't even think this one is a gimme for Ironton ... I'll take Coach Davis and the 'peake to get more respect with yet another W this one at I'town's expense ... should be a great high school basketball game down on the river ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

I think this will be a good game...hoping the Tigers get the win... I will be there to cheer on
all the Tigers.......

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Yes IHS is very athletic but so was HHS Should be a great game
Last edited by Peake on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

when is this game?

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Chesapeake is very well coached. I had the pleasure of meeting Coach Davis at the Ironton Classic. talked with him for a long while after their big win vs Huntington High. He is a very gifted coach who, like all good coaches, gets alot out of his players. The athletic stuff can be thrown out the window. this game will be about a few other things. Who can play defense, who can do the "little things" like free throw's and rebounding. It will also be determined by what type of game is called by the officials.
Both coaches will learn alot from their teams. i am impressed by Coach Lafon's schedule this year. The Fighting Tigers might lose "preseason" games to Brookhaven, Wheelersburg and maybe even Chesapeake. however, the money is in March. Both of these teams will need to find out if they can sink big shots in big games.
this is a big game for Chesapeake. they played a good team in North Adams and they played a good athletic bunch in huntington. The Panthers will need to learn alot from these games, because in my opinion they wont learn much from their league schedule.

Good luck to both teams on a good game. Go Fighting Tigers!!! Two big preseason games this week in Cesapeake and Portsmouth.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

if lamb plays i say ironton takes this one.
but if he doesnt chesapeake has a good chance.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Chesapeake looked good against River Valley they are getting to the basket well pouring in 90 pts keep it up boys!!!
Come out and support these two well coached teams as they square off!!

GO PEAKE!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

jl724 wrote:when is this game?

According to Irontons High School website Tigertown.com the game is Tuesday 1/6/09 6:00pm

GO TIGERS...........

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

it looks like lamb is gonna be good to go in this one.
so i say tigers by atleast 10.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

This would be a great game to see. Would have to go with Peake in an upset!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

jl724 wrote:it looks like lamb is gonna be good to go in this one.
so i say tigers by atleast 10.

That's great that he's back and healthy.

GO TIGERS.........

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

On paper, everyone would say Ironton, but after seeing the starting 5 for the Peake,Ironton is gonna have their work cut out for themselves. Will be a great game to see. Its too close to make a call on. Iwill say I think it will be within 5 pts either way.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Looks like I'll be making the trip down Rt.52 for the game.....if I can get a seat.......have seen both teams play several times, and this should be a very close game........Chesapeake destroyed a very athletic Huntington(WV) team in the second half, and only lost to a very good North Adams team 80-79 on a 3 pointer with 2 seconds to go by NA's Kraig Unger.

Ironton played very well against Brookhaven in the second half, even without Michael Lamb, and could have beaten Wheelersburg with some better free throw shooting.......the Burg could have won in regulation with the same thing, though........the Tigers rolled over an improved Gallia Academy squad at GAHS 49-31, and also won at Fairland 71-65.

Both teams have played good basketball to date, but the game is at Chesapeake.......which might very well give the edge to the Panthers.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
jl724 wrote:when is this game?

According to Irontons High School website Tigertown.com the game is Tuesday 1/6/09 6:00pm

GO TIGERS...........

Does anyone know if 6:00pm is the start time for the JV or Varsity game?????

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I'll take Ironton 68-60.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

JV start @ 6 with the varsity 20 minutes after... Better get there early to get a seat, because that place fills fast when the Tigers and Panthers square off.

GO TIGERS!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”