Waterboy

Marietta@Warren 12/16

Post by llabteksab »

First SEOAL match up for both teams.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Re: Marietta@Warren 12/16

Post by WHSwarrior »

Warriors may be without Austin Cunningham as he recovers from a Fivecoait-induced concussion.

But, this is a resilient team, ready to roll.
Party's getting ready to rock out in Vincent!

GO BLUE!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren "should" take this one, but . . . they better play better than they did against Belpre (e.g., run the offense!!). Marietta is a click better than Belpre, but they don't match-up well with the Warriors.

It's a another rivalry game, and Marietta ALWAYS plays Warren tough. It'll be a dandy!

Belpre and Marietta to start the season . . . WOW! Talk about chucking this young team into the frying pan. But, they can do it.

GO WARRIORS!!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

i agree with warriorfan...i don't think marietta matches up well with the warriors...i think if the warriors can move the ball a little more than one pass each possession than they will be fine...eventhough the scoring didn't show it i thought there was a lot of selfishness on the part of the warriors...i thought venom got a lot of clean up points when he could have been getting some post up points...not sure why ellenwood sat as long as he did after he had 12 point in about the first 4 minutes but hopefully he will get another chance..marietta has the experience on their side but im going to take warrens talent over their experience...i think the warriors win by 10...

Fallout7
Waterboy

Post by Fallout7 »

warren should do very well against the tigers. Hebb(add another big game to his collection) fivecoait needs to keep his head in the game and stay out of foul trouble. Hopefully Cunningham will recover in time to play. When Ellenwood gets hot he can shoot lights out. And Venham is just a beast scoring underneath and on the boards(14 boards alone against belpre). Him and Fivecoait can sky. I saw them having there own little dunk contest before the Jv warmups and Venham rarely missed a jam. This is a very young and talented team. I think there is alot more to come from them than what they showed against belpre. Its time for hebb and venham to become game changers and leaders. When this warren team gets mad and/or behind they play there heart out. Go warriors cant wait to watch tuesday!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

fallout...you are exactly right about making them mad to get them to play hard..last year against athens i believe venham sat out most of the first half and only had 2 points at halftime...he ended up with 32 points in that game so watch out if you make him mad...hebb also plays hard if you make him mad...on the other hand if hebb is not playing well and he makes himself mad then he totally shuts down on both ends of the floor...hope to see cunningham back for tuesday's game but it could also be a shot for anderson to step up if he is not back...should be a great game

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

anderson may not be a lights out player,

but you've got to hand it to him for his dedication. we'll be fine if A.C. can't play.
Hebb will just need to score a little more consistently throughout, and Fivecoait (hopefully) will avoid foul trouble.

Warren's ready, no doubt. I think tossing this young team into the frying pan with two rivals and then the road stretch (7 of 8 after Marietta are away) will be major character-builders for this team. If nothing else, they'll have plenty of time to jel as a group on the bus (although i think they've got it going pretty well.)

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

If you let Anderson shoot from his "spot" he will kill you with 3 balls! Keep firing Dev!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Anderson has been doing a pretty good job bringing the ball up the court under pressure. He has been shooting well too. Both Anderson and Hoon will make a nice contribution this season. Both of them have been dedicated when others have not. As seniors they are feeling a lot of pressure to perform, and I think it showed in the first game. They need to relax and just do what they do and it'll be a great season for them. I'm proud of the way they have continued to participate. I don't know what the program would have done without them.

I understand we had a minor injury in practice tonight. Not going to go into specifics, but, dang! This team cannot afford to have folks hurt.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

ugh.

Quit beating each other up, Warren!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Should be a great game. Any time these teams get together it will be close. Always enjoy watching Evan Brockmeier play any sport. Fierce competitor.
Goodluck Warriors!

sports_nut
Riding the Bench

Post by sports_nut »

Weather could play a factor in this one. Hope they get to play. I don't see Marietta matching up well with Warren either, but you never know with these two teams. I'll take Warren by 10.

Go Blue!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Rivalry game, gonna be nasty, Warriordome will be jumpin!

Warriors by seven.

Go Blue!

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

Tough week for the Warriors with the Tigers and Bluedevils. This game will be very important in deciding how the SEOAL North plays out. I see this as a very even match-up that should favor Warren slightly at home. Warren MUST win home games this season, and stay out of foul trouble....Go Blue.

This is why high school sports are fantastic here. Not every team in Ohio gets to play against bitter rivals in sold-out gyms. Don't take it for granted. and it's fun to watch.

Warriors- 58
Marietta- 54

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Well, things just got more interesting . . .

Sigh.

We'll leave it at that for now.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

Fan,

was not wearing his brace - was he!!!!!

bankshot
Freshman Team

Post by bankshot »

fan...who got hurt...i dont think they can afford to get any body else hurt.....hopefully if its not too serious they can warrior up and beat the tigers...

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Unfortunately, bankshot, it is serious, and Warren will be down one for awhile, more than two weeks.

Being down to eight shouldn't kill the Warriors, though, this team had a little depth and enough talent to overcome injuries. Still Warriors by seven.

The importance of a brace should not be overlooked.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

He tried to wear the braces, but they really hurt his arches. Anyway, it's ugly. He sprained everything (literally) including his Achilles. They couldn't believe he didn't break it. I've never seen anything like it. Sheesh.

Fallout7
Waterboy

Post by Fallout7 »

The warriors are actually down to 9 players now not 8. i heard AC got his release and will be able to play against the tigers.

This injury is pretty bad. WE NEED EVERYBODY TO PRAY FOR HIM!!!!! get well very very soon Clay!!!

Now the bench needs to step up their game. the warriors are talented enough to make up for this injury. They need to represent the school and keep it clean and pick up this W for clay. hoon needs to block out the nervousness and play to his potential. fivecoait needs to stay out of foul trouble, he is a big factor in how well this team handles pressure. anderson needs to keep shootin like he has been. hebb needs to keep his cool and not get down on himself. cunningham needs to settle down when under pressure, and venham needs to demand the ball down low and keep bringin in the boards.

warriors by at least 10.

Return to “Boys Basketball”