Meigs Vs. Athens 12-9

SeoBasketballFan
Waterboy

Meigs Vs. Athens 12-9

Post by SeoBasketballFan »

Meigs Travels to Athens to play in their second Tvc Ohio match of the year any predictions or thoughts?

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Re: Meigs Vs. Athens 12-9

Post by TroopSports »

This game will be aired on both Power 105 (WXTQ-FM) and 970 WATH-AM in Athens.

Caleb Troop and Brian Boesch will have the call.

Game time is 8 p.m., pre-game coverage begins at 7:45 on Friday night.

You can listen to the broadcast online by clicking here: mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

Shoot us an e-mail at sports@wxtq.com. For a complete broadcasting schedule, go to www.wxtq.com/sports.

Thanks and good luck to both teams!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I thought Athens played Jackson last night 12-9? SeoBasketballFan...your calendar on your computer must be a few days behind LOL. You've got this game as 12-9 and your other thread has Meigs' Saturday game as 12-10 LOL.
Let us know how the games come out.

Marauder-classof82
Waterboy

Post by Marauder-classof82 »

Look for Gabe Hill and Jacob Well To have some break out games this friday and saturday.

scotty the body
Waterboy

Post by scotty the body »

and don't foreget corry. he is the greetest.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

If the Marauders can make layups, they win this one going away. The Bulldogs will battle, but they sure do give up a lot of layups.

Thunder
Waterboy

Post by Thunder »

Does anyone have a score on this game?

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Athens won big.
Something like 80-62

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Meigs 12 17 14 19 -- 62

Athens 12 25 16 25 -- 80

Frank Valentour had 23 points, Colin Pfaff 19 and Derek Waters 14 for Athens ... Cameron Bolin had 17, Gabe Hill 14 and Jeremy Smith and Jacob Well 11 apiece for Meigs.

waterlilly
Waterboy

Post by waterlilly »

I think Meigs us going to do great yhis season. Good luck to Coach Ewing and theteam.

ToughLuck01
Waterboy

Post by ToughLuck01 »

I cant believe this. Meigs should have beat them by 20. Athens is horrible. Well i guess i can count out both these teams in winning the TVC

waterlilly
Waterboy

Post by waterlilly »

This is only the second game. Meigs will come back. They have some strong players and they will get the job done.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

Athens was terrific last night. Congratulations.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Looks to me like Meigs is missing Will Barcus a little more than some thought they would.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Saw this one on tv taped delay. Gotta tell ya. It looked like a different Bulldog team to me. Solid defense, good shot selection. Playing like that, they could definitely challenge. I am not fond of the helter skelter style of forcing other teams to shoot layups and taking quick bad shots that the Bulldogs have been employing, but this one did not look anything like that. Congratulations. Going for #3 in a row tonight at Gallipolis. A victory would give the Bulldogs a 2-0 record in the SEOAL :12223

SeoBasketballFan
Waterboy

Post by SeoBasketballFan »

First of all meigs played terrible no defense and stuggled on the boards and the shots were not falling but I do believe with clay Bolin back Tuesday meigs will be a diferent team and meigs did not get any help from the stripes 36 to 13 I think was the foul ratio in favor to Athens and about the barcus comment I am trying to restrain my self from laughing good luck meigs can't play your best every night keep your heads up and look out when mr. Bolin gets back :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Toughluck01 - Obviously you haven't been to any games lately. Athens is NOT horrible and Meigs is not a bad team either ... Athens has a completely different look than a year ago, McNeal's first as head coach. Just like in football, when you get a new coach and they overhaul your playbook, strategy, with its a somewhat complicated offensive and defensive scheme - It takes about a year to learn it and actually succeed.

Whatever the players did on their own, in terms of improving over the summer and fall, has definitely paid off for them. Junior PG Collin Pfaff I heard spent almost every day at the Athens rec center lifting weights, shooting and playing pick-up games and its noticable, he's been very solid, especially helping dictate the tempo that the Bulldogs like to play at.

Frank Valentour - A 6-foot-3 Junior - Has improved by leaps and bounds! He is a perfect example of how a team or player can get overlooked by the 'so called experts' on here or in other media outlets ... good players come out of nowhere every year, freshmen develope, sophomores grow, players work on their game, get stronger, faster, etc..etc... and Valentour fits that mold. He improved on the football field this fall almost every week and it seems to have carried over to the hardwood. 21 points I believe he had in Jackson and 23 on Friday ... that's 22 avg. per game, yet nobody said a word about him leading up to the season.

Matt Witten - He was the player most people spoke of and he still is a great player and shooter. He just hasn't been needed with other players all scoring and with the team really bying into the 'team concept' by sharing the basektball and shouldering the load equally.

Derrick Watters - He's only 6--foot-1 but can jump and has a knack for getting to the ball. He didn't play last year, which may play into (toughluck01)'s and others observation about Athens being terrible ... Having Watters back on the team makes a difference, adding him to Valentours drastic improvements and Pfaff too, gives Athens a complete different product on the court compared to last seasons group.

Corey Butcher - Another junior G has been prety darn good too. Scored 14 against Jackson and 8 Vs Meigs.

Joey Stanley - a 6-foot-2 junior - He's been playing very well thus far, just like the other juniors on the team.

Cameron Tope - a 6-foot-2 post player has yet to see the court, he will be a great addition to the team once he recovers from injury ... A good leader, tough, not affraid to mix it up in the paint and can lock down a player on defense. He won't be needed to score, although he can if its called for. But with Valentour, Witten, Watters and Pfaff - the offensive production will be their for Athens.

Marauder-classof82
Waterboy

Post by Marauder-classof82 »

The Scoring for the Night was

Cameron Bolin-17
Gabe Hill-16
Jacob Well-11
Jeremy Smith-9
Caleb Davis-2

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Steel Reserve wrote:Looks to me like Meigs is missing Will Barcus a little more than some thought they would.

Nobody misses a pine rider...

baseballmeigs
Waterboy

Post by baseballmeigs »

KnowIt2 wrote:
Steel Reserve wrote:Looks to me like Meigs is missing Will Barcus a little more than some thought they would.

Nobody misses a pine rider...

Return to “Boys Basketball”