Which is more effective The Scream or The Stomp

Which is more effective Scream or Stomp?

Total votes: 0

I smell bad
Varsity

Re: Which is more effective The Scream or The Stomp

Post by I smell bad »

I know both stomping and screaming are entertaining for the crowd. Some coaches like Howdy think that stomping and staring and going through tirades can intimidate both refs and players, and Koondogger thinks screaming and similar tirades can do the same. There are other coaches that do the same. I have seen both above get T'd up for their efforts. I would much rather see a coach that simply coaches his players regardless of the situation. I pesonally see no need to try to intimidate anyone, especially an official. If an official is intimidated by these acts he/she should not be officiating IMO.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I think Bobby Knight throwing a chair is the best!!

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I disagree coaches should coach but some officials need to be kept on track especially in close rivalry laden games.Some get timid and let calls go. An effective stomp can let them know you saw what they missed.

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

scream and cry then stomp!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yopu oviously havent seen Tom Barrick of Wheelersburg, he screams and yealls a lot, and I can tell you, he knows exactly what to say to the players,or refs :lol:

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Well I for one sure am glad I didn't have to go a whole day without reading a post about the team that almost won it all. :lol:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I smell bad wrote:Well I for one sure am glad I didn't have to go a whole day without reading a post about the team that almost won it all. :lol:

hardhitter 11 `
Waterboy

Post by hardhitter 11 ` »

The stomp seems to have lost it's effect on officials. Howie hasn't been getting the calls. :lol: :lol:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

stomping is childishly funny, almost seems like a pout stomp. staredown is a better intimitdator for an inexperienced official.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

OK, I'm going to be childish, for once in a blue moon...........

My stomp, on your a$$, as I scream at you and get your attention, there player or Mr. Official!!!!

Sorry, this entire thread is simply, silly.............LOL!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Um, well, I've seen Howie stomp many, many times over the years and it is absolutely meaningless, unless it somehow gets his player's attention. It sure as hell doesn't do anything to the refs. Yea, he'll go through a couple of pairs of penny loafers in a season, so what?

If you really wanted to see a coach intimidate the officials and the opposing team, all you have to do is dial back to when Charlie Huggins was coaching at Indian Valley South back in the 70's. He didn't have to stomp. Him just being there, and hearing his voice, and more importantly, what he said, was more than enough. Son Bobby learned a few things from his old man.......

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The "W" is most effective, but the "Steam" works pretty well. That is a combination of the stomp and scream or screaming while stomping :!: ;-)

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

FEAR THE STOMP :!: :122246

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Now that Derrow has been suspended at Wellston there goes the Stomp champ. he starts stomping during warm ups. Good day Clones.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I can't imagine any coach not wanting to win, and if you can't win in the regular season then you probably won't go far in the new season. ;-)

Ace Rutter
Riding the Bench

Post by Ace Rutter »

Don't be a bringing no stompin to koondoggers gym. Ya'll gonna get run out that place if you try that stompin crap. Our striped shirt wardens wont put up with that nonsense. Don't try screamin neither cause koondogger is the only one allowed to scream at the wardens. Anywho how ya'll like old Ace's tooth now that he got it back?

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

Screaming and stomping always amused me. Watching coaches (especially young ones) makes me wonder if they practice it in front of the mirror in the bathroom getting it perfected so they will look like so and so. It has little effect on anyone. I will say that I would much rather have a coach that at least takes up for his players and team than one who never says anything to an official. I have seen one like that over many years. People call him classy for that. I think you need to let the officials know you are there.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

whats howie's record the past 3 seasons?

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Kid green wrote:FEAR the STOMP! :mrgreen:

whats howie's record for the past three or four years?

Return to “Boys Basketball”