East to play Burg Dec. 2nd

Tartanblue
SEO

East to play Burg Dec. 2nd

Post by Tartanblue »

East will play in a pre-season OHSAA Foundation
game at Wheelersburg High School on December 2.

This will be fun to watch, with it being a pre-season game as well as a foundation game against Burg this could show how good East could be this year. Can't wait.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Re: East to play Burg Dec. 2nd

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Blowout......preseason or not.....

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I don't know. Even with the football players coming in late and with only one starter coming back from last year, and him a sophomore, Wheelersburg might manage to make a game of it. The kids certainly will do their best.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

blowout or not this will help get East ready for the regular season. Either way I look for both teams to get everyone in and work getting their teams ready for their first game.

Plus it is a foundation game so the profits will go towards charity which is a good thing.

peeblesbuck
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesbuck »

This features two of the best coaches in the area in Coach Barrick and Coach Bradford. This will be good for both teams.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I looked at Burg's website, they have it posted that tickets will be $4 for adults and $2 for students(not sure if just for burg students or if that includes East students at the door).

Their website says that Osco Industries is sponsoring the game which allows the two schools to raise more money for their respected scholarship funds.

For Burg it will go to the Wheelersburg Education Association Scholarship Fund which is awarded to a graduating senior from Wheelersburg interested in entering the education field.

For East it will go to the Sciotoville Alumni Scholarship Fund which gives out around scholarships to graduating seniors.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue wrote:I looked at Burg's website, they have it posted that tickets will be $4 for adults and $2 for students(not sure if just for burg students or if that includes East students at the door).

Their website says that Osco Industries is sponsoring the game which allows the two schools to raise more money for their respected scholarship funds.

For Burg it will go to the Wheelersburg Education Association Scholarship Fund which is awarded to a graduating senior from Wheelersburg interested in entering the education field.

For East it will go to the Sciotoville Alumni Scholarship Fund which gives out around scholarships to graduating seniors.

yopu still buyiong student tickets?...you been out of school for a few years now :122246

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

No, I figured I would let you know about it....we all know you get into those burg football games with student tickets....shame on you telling those people you were held back a couple years and just now a senior, how long have you been a senior now to get those tickets lol

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Here's wishing he gets to be a 'senior' (citizen) for a long, long time. But until then, it is four dollars. Heck, even then it is four dollars. Wheelersburg don't have senior citizen rates.

East students are $2 as well as student-aged people from other schools.

I, on the other hand, have a pass that I hope that they will honor. Even if no one ever asks to see it anymore. :)

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Everybody bring your grill. :lol: :lol: :lol:

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

uhh deffinetly a BLOWOUT, any SOC 2 teams are to stong for any SOC 1 teams

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

u_kno_me wrote: any SOC 2 teams are to stong for any SOC 1 teams

I dont know all about that.... but then by your theory all SEOAL teams are to strong for SOC 2 teams

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

footballjunky wrote:Dude you dont kno wat your talking about. Your probably not evan from around here. East is gonna beat burg by 20. East has some serious talent and incredible speed. Burg lost every body.

Im from around here and i'd be willing to take that bet :lol: in fact id be surprised if east puts up 20 against burg....I don't care how many they graduated it's still burg they're still gonna finish top 3 in soc 2!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

u_kno_me wrote:uhh deffinetly a BLOWOUT, any SOC 2 teams are to stong for any SOC 1 teams

I'd say SOCII has the edge most years...but too strong implies they have no chance. Are you saying Eastern-Pike may as well not show for their game at Northwest this season?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

all-time athlete wrote:
footballjunky wrote:Dude you dont kno wat your talking about. Your probably not evan from around here. East is gonna beat burg by 20. East has some serious talent and incredible speed. Burg lost every body.

Im from around here and i'd be willing to take that bet :lol: in fact id be surprised if east puts up 20 against burg....I don't care how many they graduated it's still burg they're still gonna finish top 3 in soc 2!

Geez!! East will put up 20 points on Burg. I hope Burg shows up in the first half...they are notorious for starting out slow. I think it will be close for a while then Burg just runs away with it

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Theres is no way in HADES East would beat Burg by 20 and I am an East fan. I think East will be quick, strong and athletic but they do not have alot of pure basketball players or scorers on the team. But they do have some great athletes and sometimes thats all it takes. But no way do they beat burg by 20 but I would be surprised if it was the other way around.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I know this is basically a scrimmage that you pay to watch.

I assume that they will run it like a regular game and will have a JV game starting at 6pm?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

battlecats wrote:Theres is no way in HADES East would beat Burg by 20 and I am an East fan. I think East will be quick, strong and athletic but they do not have alot of pure basketball players or scorers on the team. But they do have some great athletes and sometimes thats all it takes. But no way do they beat burg by 20 but I would be surprised if it was the other way around.

We are pretty much on the same page here about East beating Burg by 20....flat out not going to happen. However if they stay with them and stay with in 15 this will be a big boost for the Tartan basketball team in terms of confidence.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

battlecats wrote:Theres is no way in HADES East would beat Burg by 20 and I am an East fan. I think East will be quick, strong and athletic but they do not have alot of pure basketball players or scorers on the team. But they do have some great athletes and sometimes thats all it takes. But no way do they beat burg by 20 but I would be surprised if it was the other way around.

Nobody said East would beat BURG by 20...from what I understood all-time athlete said they wouldn't even score 20pts let alone win by that margin. I simply stated that they would at least score 20 and most likely plenty more

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Nobody said East would beat BURG by 20...from what I understood all-time athlete said they wouldn't even score 20pts let alone win by that margin. I simply stated that they would at least score 20 and most likely plenty more

Actually somebody did say that.

Return to “Boys Basketball”