Waterboy

Meigs jv Coach holley Any thoughts?

Post by d dog »

any thoughts about coach holley?

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Re: Meigs jv Coach holley Any thoughts?

Post by Steel Reserve »

Solid coach! Will make a fine varsity coach one day.

johnny ringo
Freshman Team

Post by johnny ringo »

Steel Reserve wrote:Solid coach! Will make a fine varsity coach one day.
wow! i have heard it all now.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Kinda what I was thinking

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

His name is spelled HAWLEY. But that's beside the point. I know Shawn well and I know he really cares about his players. I haven't been to a Meigs game in years, so I have never seen him coach. But I have had numerous conversations with him about basketball and about the Meigs program over the last few years and I know he takes pride in coaching at his alma-mater. I don't know this for sure but I don't think he has any plans to ever be a head varsity coach.
These forum websites have gotten so out of control over the last few years with all the negativity toward student athletes and coaches. I know all about free speech, but I personally believe that threads like this one where people hide behind a screen name and freely bash coaches and players do nothing but hurt teams and programs. It is very easy to be a bleacher coach. Some of you on this site should actually apply for real coaching jobs if you think it's easy or you think you could do better. Let coaches coach and players play. You are a fan, sit in the stands and support your team. Don't bash them and their coaches. Believe it or not but your negativity can and will affect the team you supposedly root for. If you really have a problem with something, talk to the coach face-to-face rather than ripping them on a website where you can remain anonymous.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

FrozenRope9 wrote:His name is spelled HAWLEY. But that's beside the point. I know Shawn well and I know he really cares about his players. I haven't been to a Meigs game in years, so I have never seen him coach. But I have had numerous conversations with him about basketball and about the Meigs program over the last few years and I know he takes pride in coaching at his alma-mater. I don't know this for sure but I don't think he has any plans to ever be a head varsity coach.
These forum websites have gotten so out of control over the last few years with all the negativity toward student athletes and coaches. I know all about free speech, but I personally believe that threads like this one where people hide behind a screen name and freely bash coaches and players do nothing but hurt teams and programs. It is very easy to be a bleacher coach. Some of you on this site should actually apply for real coaching jobs if you think it's easy or you think you could do better. Let coaches coach and players play. You are a fan, sit in the stands and support your team. Don't bash them and their coaches. Believe it or not but your negativity can and will affect the team you supposedly root for. If you really have a problem with something, talk to the coach face-to-face rather than ripping them on a website where you can remain anonymous.
Bingo.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Coach Hawley is one of the finest coaches I have watched coach in recent years. He has a good rapport with his players, he understands the game and he is fair. He gives players what they earn. People who do not agree with this are either players or a relative of a player that did not deserve much and that's what they received. I hope Coach Hawley doesn't read this crap on here because he needs to keep doing exactly what he has been doing.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Frozen Rope 9 I agree with what you are saying but you should have took your own advice a few years back. If you go back and read Meigs Legion you did a little bashing.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

cg23...I have never bashed Meigs Legion Baseball. I did however question the motives of a certain football coach who threatened to kick players off of HIS team if they played in a legion state tournament (and that is a fact, not hearsay). That had nothing to do with coaching ability, play calling, or personnel that he played in the games...which is what all this Meigs basketball bashing has been all about. What you brought up is a totally different scenario and I stand by my statements and opinions on that and always will. High school sports, legion baseball, rec sports is about THE KIDS! Anyone who is in it (coaches or fans) for any other reason than to support and provide a tool for the kids to succeed is in it for entirely the wrong reason.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Didn't make it to the game last night. How did the JVs do?

d dog
Waterboy

Post by d dog »

they beat alexander.. 29 to 38 i think was the score

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

FrozenRope9 wrote:cg23...I have never bashed Meigs Legion Baseball. I did however question the motives of a certain football coach who threatened to kick players off of HIS team if they played in a legion state tournament (and that is a fact, not hearsay). That had nothing to do with coaching ability, play calling, or personnel that he played in the games...which is what all this Meigs basketball bashing has been all about. What you brought up is a totally different scenario and I stand by my statements and opinions on that and always will. High school sports, legion baseball, rec sports is about THE KIDS! Anyone who is in it (coaches or fans) for any other reason than to support and provide a tool for the kids to succeed is in it for entirely the wrong reason.
Rope,
I agree about the coach that you mention. I think it's time this was said also. Some of those kids played anyway, suffered any consequences, and proved that THEY had more integrity than the adults that they were suppose to be learning from. That coach's motives were entirely self serving and had nothing to do with what was best for the athletes.

Steel Reserve
Riding the Bench

Post by Steel Reserve »

Now that this season is in the books, what will the coaching situation be next year?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if saying moe is a better coach than curly is an endorsement then holley has my endorsement. when your head coach is an idiot1. how can you really look any worse and 2 if the head coach is an idiot and is telling you what to do....

Return to “Boys Basketball”