Pike County Holiday Classic

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Pike County Holiday Classic

Post by lebasketball »

Time to get it started!!! How does the classic play out??

Night One matches up Western vs. Waverly and Eastern Vs. Piketon

Lightle04
SE

Re: Pike County Holiday Classic

Post by Lightle04 »

Could be fun this year with Western much improved Kretzer being a beast , Piketons young guns and Eastern consistencey. Hopefully all the game will be good. Lots of story lines this year and some of the better talent in southern Ohio on display. Kretzer and Kelly and the tigers looking to return to hold the trophy ,Piketon trying to deffend there last two championships. Eastern with Lands,Satterfield and Pickett looking to advance to the finals. And Western with Lightle,Knauff and Shanks trying to return theIndians to past glory. One things for sure there will be know let up by any of the kids and they will leave it all on the floor.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what is/are the date(s) & time(s) for these games lightle04???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... where are the games being played ???

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly's Downtown Arena, 6:00p.m. Thursday and Friday 29th & 30th.
Piketon vs Eastern game one Thursday followed by Waverly/Western
Consolation game at 6:00 Friday with championship following.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It is actually the Waverly Holiday Classic which in most recent years features the 4 Pike County Schools, thus being called the Pike County Tournament. I don't forsee Waverly ever changing to the new school gym, as long as the Downtown Arena is operable.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

It's formatted to pit one of the D-4 schools either Western or Eastern aginst either D-3 piketon or D-2 waverly so that it usually pits rivals piketon and waverly in the finals. But it's fun for the kids at Western and Eastern to play on that sort of big stage with a few thousand fans in the stands.but that's about the only plus for the much smaller schools to play in it.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef enjoys this event and will obviously go with The Streaks in this one but if history repeats itself it will be a gut-wrencher in the Finals. Good Luck to all and Merry Christmas.

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Eastern vs. Waverly n th finals this year chef!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

And the banter begins !!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Actually lightle04, they used to rotate the opening games until Western joined the SOC I. The reason being they didnt want Eastern/Western possibly playing 3 times in a season. However, it has worked out that way at least the last 4 years.

Western while greatly improved will face too big a hurdle in Waverly. The Piketon/Eastern game will be interesting, both are athletic and basketball savy. Piketon has been in the finals I believe the last 5 years, if not 6 so my heart of course leans to the Streaks.

This is Waverlys tourney to lose, IMO. Good luck to all.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... trying to work my schedule to get to the first night at the Pike County Classic ... want to get a look at this edition of Coach Lisath's Red Streaks, as well as both Eastern/Western Pike ... watched Waverly take on Warren Local over the weekend ... the weather looks like it will make it a doable Pfloyd Tour stop tomorrow night ...

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

PFloyd,

The games are the 29th and 30th don't come down tomorrow night

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Lightle i believe its a big plus for all 4 teams especially the d4 teams and my reasons are the atmosphere a packed house in a big arena which gives them the feel of a big tournament game, competition to get ready for the tourney in d4 your not going to see to many teams as strong as what you will see here till you get out of the region, and its local all of your fans are able to make it to these games. So I believe its a win win for all teams

Joe blow
Waterboy

Post by Joe blow »

I see Kretzer and Waverly taking the MVP and the championship home. Western has a solid guard but not much around him. Waverly will beat them by however much they want. Eastern has Pickett but One player won't beat Piketon. Piketon has Farmer, very solid. Moore, when he's hot, he is one of the best players around, and Brabson is a quick guard that will play defense on anyone. Kretzer will get his points, Kelly has been struggling though. I see Piketon beating Eastern by at least 20. Waverly beating Western by at least 40. Then Eastern beating Western by 15. Then a very good final but I'm sticking with my tigers if Kelly plays his real game, and saying tigers by 10

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

lebasketball!!! I had just negotiated terms of me driving to Waverly "tonight" with Mrs. Pfloyd too!!! now she's going to hold me to all of those "extras" and NO GAME!!! LOL ... thanks for the heads up - it WAS posted in an earlier post that it was the 29th/30th I apparently chose to ignore those dates LOL ...

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The girls Pike county holiday classic is this Friday at Piketon floyd if you need to fill a date. Piketon/Waverly in the finals.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

This is always a good tournament.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

It will be fun to watch that's for sure I like seeing what kids step it up under the big spot light with only 2 kids returning off of last years all tourney team we will get to see some new blood step up and make there teams proud and hopefully lead there teams to some big wins.

Softball_skids
Freshman Team

Post by Softball_skids »

Good luck to the steaks! 22 do what you do!

Return to “Boys Basketball”