Warren @ Fort Frye Dec 30th

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Warren @ Fort Frye Dec 30th

Post by EasternDspy »

I know FF plays tues vs MC but I wanted to get this one started.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Re: Warren @ Fort Frye Dec 30th

Post by I drain 3's »

Usually a good game, but I think Warren might just be a bit to much for the Fort.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea they play alot better competition.

Native Warrior
Freshman Team

Post by Native Warrior »

Good Luck Warriors!!!..... The Cadets will be ready to battle. Keep up your,workmanlike mentality,and a victory can be yours.....GO BLUE!!!!!

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

Warren by 10-12 just because it's at Fort Frye.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It's nice to see Warren's program doing so well and reaching their potential. IMO, The Warriors are the new measuring stick in Washington County.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has to keep Winland and Knost off the boards.They have to handle pressure and stay out of foul trouble.Shon Smith, Schwendeman, and Eddy are just as good on the perimeter as Ward,Hastie and French.Only guy that scares me off Warren's bench is Patton.Still think Smith is the best player on the court in this game.He will have to score in the high 20s to keep it close.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

Whoever wins the 3 point battle wins the game

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Vigril, I disagree I think who team who plays the toughest defense and rebounds wins this game....Dspy we from Warren take nothing away from Shon, we think he is great and will get his points....but he is playing against lesser competition with players that can't guard him, thus he pretty much scores at will....he will have a more difficult time getting his looks on Friday....the Warriors have had a long break and will have to shake off all those Christmas carbs....FF is tough at home and their system of offense is the one of the very best; ball movement, screen, patience, and knock down the 3 ball....but look out for Warrens in your face pressure and they will rotate 10 players to keep everyone fresh....should be a very entertaining game Friday night, two talented and well coached teams!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Chandler Lang needs to step up

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

I personally don't like the French kid but I think he's a very good ballplayer, better than smith. I think this one will be determined by the inside play of both teams. Both teams seem to shoot a lot of 3's and as we all know "live by the 3, die by the 3." So I think one of them needs to get a lot of buckets in the paint.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TO GO WITH Ward/Hastie/French/Pannell/Yabs on the perimeter "Peter (Marshall) I'll take Knost/Winland/Henthorn/Patton for Warren in the paint/foul line extended for the "W" ... Warriors have too many offensive weapons, too much defensive pressure for 32 minutes to fall to a good FF team ...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Smith does so much more then French.Great perimeter player but he is also a great passer
Can get to the whole alot better then French.Also gets alot of steals.Ill take Smith every time.French is a good player and Warren is a great team.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye (6-1) - Fort Frye 60 @ Belpre 56. Buckeye Trail (5-2) 48 @ Fort Frye 62. River (5-2) 40 @ Fort Frye 53. Shenandoah (7-0) 57 @ Fort Frye 52. Fort Frye 62 @ Caldwell (2-6) 30. Morgan (0-8) 41 @ Fort Frye 78. Fort Frye 73 @ Monroe Central (1-6) 44

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

Warren would have the same record, probably better with fort frye's schedule. But I still think ff could be undefeated and should have never lost to shenandoah. BUT can fort frye say they would have the same record as warren with their schedule?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No FF would not be undefeated with Warren's schedule but this is a one night game nor a series

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Smith/FF is a much better all around ball player than French/W. Shon is a fantastic ball handler and that is what puts him above French. French really needs to work on his ball handling abilities. He is a fantastic shooter, but he's never "had" to handle the ball alot before. Its usually pass to French and he shoots. I'm sure with another yr under his belt Evans ball handling ability will be right up there with his shooting and he will be unstopable. Good luck to the Warriors in this one! Don't underestimate FF.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Not sure how this topic ended up talking about Shan Smith,but you can bet your last dollar that coach Maddox and TEAM Warriors will come to Beverly with one thing on their mind,..VICTORY!!!! I guarantee you the players at Warren are only concerned about the Warriors having more points than the Cadets at the end of the game,not who has more points than someone else. Brace yourself Fort Frye, you have not played a TEAM like Warren all year...GO BLUE!!!

slimgarrett
Waterboy

Post by slimgarrett »

Johnny Quest wrote:Not sure how this topic ended up talking about Shan Smith,but you can bet your last dollar that coach Maddox and TEAM Warriors will come to Beverly with one thing on their mind,..VICTORY!!!! I guarantee you the players at Warren are only concerned about the Warriors having more points than the Cadets at the end of the game,not who has more points than someone else. Brace yourself Fort Frye, you have not played a TEAM like Warren all year...GO BLUE!!!
Have to agree with you on this one. This Warren team has much more the team mentality than last yrs. Just don't want them to let down their guard to any opponent. In the past that has been Warrens downfall. Looking forward to a very successful season. GO WARRIORS!

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Evan isn't a point guard so he doesn't need the great ball handling or passing abilities. I'm talking 1 on 1 I'd take French every time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”