Re: TVC Hocking Predictions 08-09??

Post by fedhocker »

Here's my prediction for what its worth:

1. Fed Hock
2. Waterford/Trimble
3. Eastern
4. Southern
5. Miller

I'd say watch out for Southern this year, they could be the sleeper in this group....

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

Such a biased review, since ur name is "fedhocker", but more than likely your correct.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Coach E has boys with a lot of talent, so I will pick Fed as #1.
But Eastern will be the sleeper with or without lynch.

cat&mousebball
Waterboy

Post by cat&mousebball »

PREDICTIONS AS FOLLOWS... 1.TRIMBLE 2.SOUTHERN 3.WATERFORD 4.FED HOCK 5.EASTERN 6.MILLER Eastern would be in the top half with lynch.Trimble will be very strong inside and out.Southern has a nice outside game,with guards that can get to the rim.Waterford will go as far as the big boy will carry them.Fed Hock will have a nice team with 1 starter returning,Stanley will have to play a big role to finish any higher.Eastern will strugle without Lynch,but they are well coached and Johnson and Winebrenner are good players.Miller lacks depth in the program and will have a hard time winning more than 2 games...

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Fedhocker are you crazy?! :o I do not see Southern finishing that far down at all this year! They could very well win the TVC this season. We'll just have to wait and see :-D

fedhocker
Riding the Bench

Post by fedhocker »

That's why I said they could be the sleeper this year. They didn't do well last year but have several bright spots and a very good coach. I'm just basing my opinion on what I seen out of them last year.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Got to think Howie will stomp his way to the top ;-) . Actually, with what they have coming back, I like Eastern to win it. 8)

sportsgoofy
Waterboy

Post by sportsgoofy »

Eastern..with or without Lynch!

CAT@MOUSEBBBALL
Waterboy

Post by CAT@MOUSEBBBALL »

sportsgoofy,Your saying there as good with or without there best player.You need to stop smoking the weed...

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

there is a lot of that in meigs county you know.

sportsgoofy
Waterboy

Post by sportsgoofy »

Not saying that he wouldn't be a plus but they will do just fine without him. They proved that this summer. They played really good team ball. NO WEED HERE!!! :mrgreen:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Lynch has not been released to play yet but my guess is that you will see him play in the first game. ;-)

Sports Nut
Waterboy

Post by Sports Nut »

You cant go on the summer program. Most of everybodys best players play baseball. Not much effort goes into the summer out of teams. Dont get me wrong some kids do, some dont and some cant be there all the time. When they start playing and practicing is when you know will be good.

dish it
Riding the Bench

Post by dish it »

i really think this is anyones title this year...well, except for miller which i think will not stand a chance!! but i like FED. they've got a new coach in there i hear and hopefully he brings some new stuff to the table. but i think southern will be the team to watch out for. trimbal has some tallent but not enough to get to the top. waterford...we'll see what they can do with the big man in the middle. and of course howie will have the eagles sharp on their fundimentals, so it could get interesting. i know federal hocking has little experince but i think the work this off season will pay off as long as they keep focused on that fifth straight league title!

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

cat&mousebball wrote:PREDICTIONS AS FOLLOWS... 1.TRIMBLE 2.SOUTHERN 3.WATERFORD 4.FED HOCK 5.EASTERN 6.MILLER Eastern would be in the top half with lynch.Trimble will be very strong inside and out.Southern has a nice outside game,with guards that can get to the rim.Waterford will go as far as the big boy will carry them.Fed Hock will have a nice team with 1 starter returning,Stanley will have to play a big role to finish any higher.Eastern will strugle without Lynch,but they are well coached and Johnson and Winebrenner are good players.Miller lacks depth in the program and will have a hard time winning more than 2 games...

Couldnt have said it any better myself

i8al
Riding the Bench

Post by i8al »

fedhocker wrote:Here's my prediction for what its worth:

1. Fed Hock
2. Waterford/Trimble
3. Eastern
4. Southern
5. Miller

I'd say watch out for Southern this year, they could be the sleeper in this group....

For what Its worth, my predictions are..
1.Trimble
2.Fed
3.Southern
4.Eastern
5.Miller.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

I think Eastern will be a sleeper team.

BIG DEBBIE
Waterboy

Post by BIG DEBBIE »

sleeper team is Miller, they have struggled early on but they have some good talent, as the year goes on this could be an intersting team to watch!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

MILLER, a sleeper? intresting ...

TVC-HOCKING:

1) Southern - Gonna go out on a limb here and say Southern takes home the trophy, somebody besides Fed Hock or Trimble have to win the league every once in awhile - this year might be the best chance for the other 4 teams to win it in the Hocking.

2) Trimble - If I were a betting man, I would say Trimble shares a TVC-Hocking championship with another team. Maybe Southern, maybe Waterford, maybe it will end up a 3-way tie ... Arggghhh.

3)Waterford - Pretty safe pick that they don't finish below third place.

4) Fed Hock - They better pick it up!

5) Eastern

6) Miller

Return to “Boys Basketball”