Waterboy

Federal Hocking 08-09

Post by cat&mousebball »

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: FEDERAL HOCKING BASKETBALL 08-09

Post by BBallin fool »

what do you have coming back starter wise?

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Smith is all they have coming back as a starter, they may be in trouble. But I look for some big play out of Stanley and the Jr class. If there as good as they where when they where younger, they will be all right.

cat&mousebball
Waterboy

Post by cat&mousebball »

STANLEY WILL HAVE TO GIVE THEM 15PTS AND 10 REBOUNDS EVERY NIGHT FOR THEM TO HAVE A SOLID SEASON.SMITH WILL HAVE TO HAVE A SOLID FLOOR GAME TO KEEP EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE OFFENSE...

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

I look for Fed Hock to come in first or second in the TVC!!

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

Projected Line up:

Grant Smith
Justin Stanley
Tyler Thompson
Chad Campbell
Brendan Torrence or Ethan Williams

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Don't forget Dewayne Clark.

PushMePullYou
Freshman Team

Post by PushMePullYou »

What other Fed Hock players will make the varsity team???

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

Probably whoever the new coach decides once he has them in the gym.

DiggerDown
Waterboy

Post by DiggerDown »

anything on the new coach...heard they didn't have one this summer,,hopefully he can get them up and going, some of the area teams had busy summers hard to start from behind......

fedhocker
Riding the Bench

Post by fedhocker »

I wouldn't say the Lancers are starting from behind. I've heard they've been in the gym all summer with the "old guys" coming in a couple times a week with last year's JV coach running the show. I'd look for a strong Lancer team come ball season.

DiggerDown
Waterboy

Post by DiggerDown »

thats good they usually put up a good team....just heard that there was no coach for a while...not always easy to find a good one this late in the summer with school starting. the good ones are usually already in position and working on the program, not waiting to get hired..good to hear that they have been working out we'll see come season if it paid off...thanks for the update

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

It is too bad that the Fed Hock coaching thread that previously was out there got torpedoed by some numbskull...........

Otherwise, you would have learned alot more about the new coach..........

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

If what "fedhocker" says is true, then the lancers are probably ahead in some areas.

fedhocker
Riding the Bench

Post by fedhocker »

I'm not sure what type of turnout they've had this summer, but the few times I've played out there they seem to have a nice crowd. A lot of nice young players in the mix, but I wasn't impressed with the turnout of the upper classmen. I guess this could be because of summer baseball and football. A few of the players listed above in the potential starting lineup looked really good. The Torrence kid and Campbell kid have improved tremendously and looked very good against us "Old Guys". Torrence has the potential to be the real deal as a Junior if he keeps up the work.

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

Yea if you leave Torrence open for a 3 pointer might as well head back down the court!!

RedBaron
Riding the Bench

Post by RedBaron »

Dewayne Clark will have to work on his shooting and ball handling skills if he wants to start.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

I know Smith was out for a while, and Thompson played baseball. How did Stanley and Williams look this summer.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Word is that Stanley, Smith, Campbell and Torrence have been the only ones in the gym all year. Thompson and Clark haven't shown up all summer. Thompson has played legion ball but it's been over with for a month and a half. No summer camps or shoot outs for the Lancers this year either. They will be behind.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

freethrow wrote:Word is that Stanley, Smith, Campbell and Torrence have been the only ones in the gym all year. Thompson and Clark haven't shown up all summer. Thompson has played legion ball but it's been over with for a month and a half. No summer camps or shoot outs for the Lancers this year either. They will be behind.

Another positive post by Freethrow, Friend of the Lancers. I guess you have answered your own question that you posted on the previous (deleted) thread. Maybe you can get someone fired up...

It's not all about basketball for these young men. Federal Hocking has had the most cooperation of any school in the area between the coaches of their respective sports. Both of these young men are outstanding in other sports and have to split their time as have most of the good athletes at FH over the last few years. This cooperation has fostered very successful teams in multiple sports which is necessary in the small schools of Southeastern Ohio. Sadly, some casual fans do not agree or understand how important this is. Any basketball coach worth his salt will tell you that they want their players playing something in the summer. If it's baseball or football or working on their high jump for next year, then good. If they spend their summer time in the gym that's even better but the main thing is that they are active in something. Remember these are still just kids, they need to do kid stuff and very few if any will play sports in college. Trust me, the average fan has no idea of the demands put on these kids' time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”