Division IV Lucasville Valley and Meigs County sectionals

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Division IV Lucasville Valley and Meigs County sectionals

Post by a_c_m »

If there are any incorrect records, please post! Thanks.

At Valley

1 Notre Dame 18-2
2 South Webster 12-8
3 New Boston Glenwood 13-7
4 Manchester 12-8
5 Leesburg Fairfield 11-9
6 East 8-12
7 Whiteoak 6-14
8 Green 8-13
9 Clay 2-18
10 Western 3-17

At Wellston

1 Southern 17-3
2 Eastern Pike 15-5
3 Waterford 10-10
4 South Gallia 11-9
5 Ironton St.Joseph 10-10
6 Symmes Valley 7-13
7 Eastern Meigs 5-15
8 Miller 4-16
9 Trimble 2-18
Last edited by a_c_m on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division IV Valley and Wellston sectionals

Post by Ironman92 »

At Valley #7-#10 HAS to be East, Clay, Western and Green in whatever order.

Manchester needs to pick it up a notch so they can guarantee #1, #4 and #5 are Manchester, Fairfield and Whiteoak

Only 2 teams out per sectional this year?

Right now with ND knocking off SW early on

#1 ND
#2 Manchester
#3 Fairfield
#4 South Webster
#5 Whiteoak
#6 New Boston

SW, Whiteoak, Manchester and Fairfield play a so much more difficult schedule it's hard to seed this sectional.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

The Wellston games will be played at Meigs. Federal Hocking is D3 and won't play in this sectional. There are only nine teams in the Meigs sectional. I think it would be hard to go by records in the Valley bracket. Going by records (1) PND (2) Man (3) FF (4) SW. That would put South Webster vs Whiteoak with the winner playing the number 1 out of the Meigs bracket. Talk about tough games, plus the number 1 out of the Meigs bracket would have a really difficult game right out of the gate.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Federal Hocking is D3

Thx

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Hardwood wrote:The Wellston games will be played at Meigs. Federal Hocking is D3 and won't play in this sectional. There are only nine teams in the Meigs sectional. I think it would be hard to go by records in the Valley bracket. Going by records (1) PND (2) Man (3) FF (4) SW. That would put South Webster vs Whiteoak with the winner playing the number 1 out of the Meigs bracket. Talk about tough games, plus the number 1 out of the Meigs bracket would have a really difficult game right out of the gate.

So if i'm reading this correct your saying they have moved this sectional to Meigs High School?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

HERE ARE THE RECORDS FOR THE MEIGS SECTIONAL ... ITS UPDATED AFTER EVERY GAMES: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

* The sectional has been moved to Meigs High School ... so has the DIV girls.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

1. Manchester
2. Notre Dame
3. South Webster
4. New Boston
5. Fairfield
6. Whiteoak
7. Western
8. East
9. Green
10. Clay

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

1. Southern
2. Eastern Pike
3. South Gallia
4. Symmes Valley
5. St Joe
6. Eastern Meigs
7. Waterford
8. Miller
9. Trimble

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

1. Southern 9-1
2. South Gallia 7-3
3. Eastern Pike 8-3
4. Waterford 4-5
5. Eastern Meigs 4-4
6. Symmes Valley 5-6
7. Ironton St.Joseph 6-6
8. Miller 3-7
9. Trimble 1-9

I have seen every team play in this sectional with the exception of Beaver. Waterford is now turning the corner and Eastern Meigs still has the win against Southern. I almost ranked Miller 6 because they have played some good teams in Southern, South Gallia, Belpre, and Fed Hock. Symmes Valley has alot of talent but struggle against good teams. St. Joe and Trimble lost some good players last season and are still trying to rebuild.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Miller lost their top scorer (Trent Abram) about a month ago - and still play teams somewhat close ... If he can get back into the line-up before tourney time - the Falcons could really upset someone in that sectional IMO.

Watching South Gallia for a second time Tuesday - they can definitly shoot the lights out ... If they stay hot, they could really do some damage not only in the sectional - but the Convo as well.

And Southern ... Well, anything but a district championship (or at least play for it) would be a dissapointment. (for me anyways)

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Im sure if they get half a chance to match up Whiteoak and Fairfield they will....

It's hard to say, it seems as if Lockhart always comes home on sunday night with Manchester in a good position. Whiteoak and Fairfield play some of the hardest schedules.
see Whiteoak:
d2-HIllsboro,CNE
d3-Portsmouth, Oak Hill

Record doesn't look near as bad when you see those games.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That's why I LOVE THE CONVO and the district tournament! lol

It great to see one area's best against a different part of southeastern Ohio's best ... To see a Southern vs Whiteoak ... Fairfield versus South Gallia final four would be sweet. I've been watching this scenerio play out year after year ... And I wil be honest, I didn't like the TVC-Hocking chances the last few years - I wasn't sold on any of the teams beating Manchester ... But this years Southern team, IMO, is better than the past Hocking teams ... They actually have size, athletic ability - and after being a mainstay at the district tournament the past 3 years - they are well seasoned and appear on the verge of getting over the hump and into the regionals.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

(2011 District semi-finals)

Manchester - 64
Southern - 55

(2010 District championship game)

Manchester - 69
Southern - 59

* A lot of the seniors on Southern played on both of those teams as soph. and juniors ... Its not out of the ordinary to see teams make it to a certain level, return most of its players the following year, then go even further ... And while the TVC-Hocking has been on the losing end the last two years; back in 2009 it was AN ALL TVC-HOCKING DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP when Southern defeated Eastern 47-43 for the title ...

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

93Bulldog wrote:HERE ARE THE RECORDS FOR THE MEIGS SECTIONAL ... ITS UPDATED AFTER EVERY GAMES: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

* The sectional has been moved to Meigs High School ... so has the DIV girls.

This has to be a record for most times a sectional has moved in a decade, 4 different locations since 02'

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

what is the date of the drawing? a lot can happen between now and then.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Ironman92 wrote:At Valley #7-#10 HAS to be East, Clay, Western and Green in whatever order.

Manchester needs to pick it up a notch so they can guarantee #1, #4 and #5 are Manchester, Fairfield and Whiteoak

Only 2 teams out per sectional this year?

Right now with ND knocking off SW early on

#1 ND
#2 Manchester
#3 Fairfield
#4 South Webster
#5 Whiteoak
#6 New Boston

SW, Whiteoak, Manchester and Fairfield play a so much more difficult schedule it's hard to seed this sectional.

Notre Dame will be the #1 seed no matter what Manchester does the rest of the season. Without key injuries or some other act of God ND is going to go 17-3 or maybe even 18-2. Manchester doesnt have a chance even if they pull off some nice wins and finish around 14-6 or something.
Last edited by jimmy chipwood on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

At Valley

1. Notre Dame 10-2
2. Manchester 8-4
3. South Webster 5-5
4. New Boston Glenwood 6-3
5. Leesburg Fairfield 6-6
6. Whiteoak 5-7
7. East 2-8
8. Western 3-8
9. Green 2-8
10. Clay 1-10

At Meiggs

1. Southern 9-1
2. Eastern Pike 8-3 (win over ND who will be the #1 seed at Valley)
3. South Gallia 7-3
4. Waterford 3-5
5. Symmes Valley 5-6
6. Eastern Meigs 4-4
7. Ironton St.Joseph 6-6
8. Miller 3-7
9. Trimble 1-9

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Western's record is 2-11. They have a realistic chance of winning 2 or 3 more.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

93 Bulldog Waterford also played in the district championship in 2009. They may have been the best team in the TVC that year but an early loss at Southern got them a lower seed in the Wellston sectional which put them in the same bracket as state champ Oak Hill. To me this is a perfect example of how where you are seeded in the sectional can hunt you later down the road and not just in the sectional. 93 I hope the TVC does as well this year as 2009.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hardwood wrote:93 Bulldog Waterford also played in the district championship in 2009. They may have been the best team in the TVC that year but an early loss at Southern got them a lower seed in the Wellston sectional which put them in the same bracket as state champ Oak Hill. To me this is a perfect example of how where you are seeded in the sectional can hunt you later down the road and not just in the sectional. 93 I hope the TVC does as well this year as 2009.
It kind of goes back-and-forth ... The Northwest sectional has owned the upper-hand the last two years - I think its time the southEASTERN Ohio boys get it back ... One thing is for certain, all the games appear to be really, really close when it gets down to crunch time at the Convo ... Not many people (amongst my basketball circle) don't really like the DIV district games that much ... Me, I love them just as much as the D3 and D4 ... lol ... Maybe I'm just a basketball nut, I don't know.

Return to “Boys Basketball”