RebelZone
Riding the Bench

Re: Symmes Valley vs Waterford

Post by RebelZone »

Waterford big

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

H-back wrote:Have they played any common opponents?
south Gallia I believe

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Is Waterford good enough to make it to regionals?

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Post by Shoot_It_From_Deep »

Waterford has the talent, but do they have the discipline? Very, very young team with 8 of top 9 players being juniors or less. They have 2 quality big men - 1 that may be one of the five most athletic players in SE Ohio and the other that is as fundamentally sound as any big man. The question will come down to shooting. If their scorers get hot they can play with anyone.

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Shoot_It_From_Deep wrote:Waterford has the talent, but do they have the discipline? Very, very young team with 8 of top 9 players being juniors or less. They have 2 quality big men - 1 that may be one of the five most athletic players in SE Ohio and the other that is as fundamentally sound as any big man. The question will come down to shooting. If their scorers get hot they can play with anyone.
Agreed Bryce Hilverding, sophomore has range from 5 feet beyond the line has to have over 60 threes on the year one of waterfords top scorers

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Best we got.
Last edited by H2O4RD on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

There are no candidates when the job isn't open. Tom Simms hasnt been the problem in past years. The kids havent been the problem. Its the parents. Johnny peewee star coached by daddy isnt getting playing time. Its the coaches fault. This team is different than any other I can remember. They are unselfish, enjoy playing with each other, and win together. But that isnt good enough for Johnny's dad, got to blame someone i suppose.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

I mean could there be a better coach? Probably. What are the chances of getting one inside the community? Close to Zero. Chances of getting one from outside the community without a teaching job to go along with it? Zero. Either way this isnt the time of year to be having this discussion. We got a run to make. If you are a Waterford fan then you should be pulling the rope. If not then mind your own business.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Let's not turn this debate into something ridiculous.

Tom is a terrific coach and an even better guy. He has battled through the tough years at Waterford and deserves the opportunity to coach the talented teams as well. He is undoubtedly the choice for Waterford and anyone with a non-biased brain would agree.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Thats life. Bosses have favorite employees. Kids have favorite teachers. And coaches have favorite players. Our society is all about fairness now. I have seen a lot of games at Waterford, and I dont remember ever thinking "that kid is really good he should play". Our teams are generally not that deep. If they are good enough to help us they play. I remember Simms getting criticised earlier this year for playing too many players in his rotation. I mean come on, seriously.

Blackhawk
Waterboy

Post by Blackhawk »

Last few years it has really been deep

BlueDuck
Riding the Bench

Post by BlueDuck »

It is tourney time and anything can happen, but the Waterford team I have seen lately is gonna win this one.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Coaches will be criticized for everything. Playing too many players, not playing enough players. Showing "favoritism" because little Johnny is on the bench. Teams don't execute sets "that's coaches fault." Kid misses a layup "coach must not practice that."

It's just how the business works.

Tom puts in just as much, if not more time than any coach around. Great guy, class act, and a great fit for Waterford. Blackhawk is undoubtedly just an upset parent.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I have not had a chance to watch Waterford heard a lot about the coach seems people think he is doing a good job. I have seen symmes valley, I think Belleville will have a good game and if other players get involved it could be a good game.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Boys Basketball”