Why they do seeding before seasons over

IndianChop
Riding the Bench

Why they do seeding before seasons over

Post by IndianChop »

There a lot of teams that still have big games why do they sees them before the seasons over

rickoshay
SEOP

Re: Why they do seeding before seasons over

Post by rickoshay »

Because the draw has to be done a couple weeks before season is over.
Scheduling, travel plans, etc.
Remember, we're talking about a lot of teams in each district.

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

It also gives teams a chance to scout a few teams in their tourney path.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

rickoshay wrote:Because the draw has to be done a couple weeks before season is over.
Scheduling, travel plans, etc.
Remember, we're talking about a lot of teams in each district.
I don't buy this. These aren't overnight trips. The dates and locations are set with plenty of time, so you have a good idea where you will be going. These could easily be done the last weekend of the season and then start the tourney within the week.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Aside from football, this is the way all sports tournaments are seeded. Baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball....they all have the seeding done with about a week left in the regular season. I would venture to guess that some schools schedule tougher games at the end of their schedule on purpose when they know it won't affect their seeding, but will help prepare their team for the tournament. Before the schedules are made, coaches know when the seeding will take place.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

I think that when local teams had 18, then 20 game regular seasons it was easier to get the schedules completed . We also are starting seasons a little later. I think we used to start the seasons a little earlier. Now we play 22 game seasons for more out of conference competition and it makes it hard to get regular season finished before the draw.

IndianChop
Riding the Bench

Post by IndianChop »

Well my thing is like Peebles is playing lynchburgh Friday why would those teams actually play there starters chancing they will get hurt

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Maybe a crazy ideal,If they had a computer ranking they could announce the seedings the sunday after the last week of season. A continous /weekly update could assist the teams in who they would most likely play. All games must be played prior to that sunday. Would also cause teams to make competitive schedules and scout the other sectional teams during the year since the sectional teams are set at beginning of season. I have to be overlooking something because it sounds to simple. Not a football guy but isn't it done like that for football. But we would loose the human element that is always so much fun in these basketball seedings.

Return to “Boys Basketball”