SHL All-League Team 2011-2012

TribeManiac10
SEOP

SHL All-League Team 2011-2012

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Here is the actual list and final standings.

Listed alphabetically are members of the 2011-12 Southern Hills League Boys Basketball Team, voted on by the coaches of the SHL.

Trent Arey (Peebles)
Levi Bales (North Adams)
Travis Combs (Manchester)
Jacob Daniels (Peebles)
Tyler Davidson (Lynchburg-Clay)
Tanner Huntley (West Union)
DJ Iles (Fayetteville)
Kris King (North Adams)
Chase Lawson (Eastern Brown)
Jordan Mitchell (Ripley)
Jordan Payne (Eastern Brown)
Logan Perkins (Ripley)
Conner Purdin (Eastern Brown)
Doc Seip (Whiteoak)
Luke Taggert (Whiteoak)
Dalton West (Manchester)
Quentin Williams (Fairfield)

Coach of the Year: Rob Beucler (Eastern Brown)

Final Team Standings
Division I
Eastern Brown 11-2
Peebles 10-3
North Adams 8-5
Lynchburg-Clay 5-8
West Union 1-12

Division II
Ripley 10-3
Fairfield 7-6
Manchester 6-7
Whiteoak 4-9
Fayetteville 3-10
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

streetballer
Varsity

Re: SHL All-League Team 2011-2012

Post by streetballer »

Ricketts is a lock for top 10 in the league for sure...best assists guard in the shl...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:Ricketts is a lock for top 10 in the league for sure...best assists guard in the shl...
I agree, Ricketts will probably make the squad this season. Stat comparisons for some of the top guards in the league below. His stats are close to Arey's and compare favorably against Davidson's.

Trent Arey- 10.9ppg, 4.4rpg, 6.6apg, 2.4stlspg, 41%FG, 55 turnovers(stats before last game)

Dylan Ricketts- 9.3ppg, 3.0rpg, 5.3apg, 2.6stlspg, 41%FG, 60 turnovers(current stats)

Tyler Davidson-11.9ppg, 1.9rpg, 3.3apg, 1.1stlspg, 36%FG, 44 turnovers

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

King or Bales maybe both. Gage Carragher i think is a lock. Ricketts for sure. I agree with the rest of your list Tribe.

wuhs22
Waterboy

Post by wuhs22 »

I would like to see at least 1 player from each team. Even for the teams that didn't win many games. My thoughts:

Manchester: Ricketts (Lock)
Manchester: Combs (Lock)
West Union: Frost (Had a solid year so far)
West Union: Tanner Huntley (Maybe a little too hopeful on this one)
Peebles: Arey (Lock)
Peebles: Daniels (Lock)
North Adams: King(several players about the same but I believe King has been most productive this year.)
Eastern: Lawson (Lock)
Eastern: Payne (Solid year)
Ripley: Mitchell (Good player)
Ripley: Perkins (Good player)
Fayetteville: Iles (Hopefully 1 rep. from Fay. will make it.)
Whiteoak: Seip
Lynchburg: (Was thinking Davidson but TribeManiacs post made me think. According to stats I'm going with Inman. Possibly both.)
Fairfield: Williams

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Trent Arey,Jake Daniels-Peebles
Travis Combs,Dylan Ricketts-Manchester
Doc Seip, and either (Gage Caraher or Luke Taggert)-Whiteoak
Jordan Mitchell, Logan Perkins-Ripley
Quintin Williams-Fairfield
Tyler Davidson, Gage Waits-Lynchburg Clay
Jordan Payne, Chase Lawson-Eastern Brown
Chris King and maybe Levi Bales- North Adams
West Union? maybe one- Frost? They wont get more than one
Fayettville- Iles
Last edited by theuglytruth on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Does anyone have stats for the West Union and Whiteoak players? At least the couple who are in contention for all league. I've been trying multiple sources but I can't seem to find anything beyond specific game writeups in local papers.

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

I think that if fairfields, gage montgomery had not had been playing jv for the first half of the year he would have to be mentioned or even get all-league this year.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

I think Seip is around 17ppg and 8 rpg. Taggert is around 15ppg and 5rpg

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ugly,
arey is pretty good but i don't think he will get on twice. i believe you meant daniels with arey.
i think taggert will get on ahead of carraher.
ricketts, according to street baller is a lock and for the first time ever i agree with him. (that's four words i never thought i would say).
west union will be lucky to get one on and no chance of getting two.
the player who receives the most points in the voting will be interesting. the first person on each ballot will probably vary greatly.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sparky wrote:ugly,
arey is pretty good but i don't think he will get on twice. i believe you meant daniels with arey.
i think taggert will get on ahead of carraher.
ricketts, according to street baller is a lock and for the first time ever i agree with him. (that's four words i never thought i would say).
west union will be lucky to get one on and no chance of getting two.
the player who receives the most points in the voting will be interesting. the first person on each ballot will probably vary greatly.
I think the top vote getter could come down to five people to this point.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Comes should def be the top vote getter..best player in the shl

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

I think its "Combs", and he will be one of the few along the top along with Lawson, Payne, Daniels, Mitchell, Arey, and Seip.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

League standings(including existing expectations before the season) and stats would both play a large role. I agree with those listed by The Ugly Truth.

Travis Combs-Favorite coming in to the season. Best player on a team which most people thought would be doing a little better than 10-6. Currently 2nd in the small division standings. Scored his 1000th point this year. Is he leading the league in scoring? He has been playing exceptional as of late capped with a 40pt game against St. Patrick.

Jacob Daniels-Leading scorer, rebounder(in the league), shot blocker(first or second in the league), on the team that finished second in the big division. Peebles, I think, is doing a little better than most expected following the senior class we had last season. Has broken or tied two Peebles defensive records this season. Had 24 rebounds against Paint Valley and 8 blocks against North Adams.

Chase Lawson- Statistically probably the best player on Eastern's team as a junior. Eastern won the big division this season. With his injury at the beginning of the season his team struggled but has regained momentum and is probably the hottest team in the league at the moment.

Jordan Payne-Senior leader for the warriors. I dont have specific stats but im assuming he is well above 10ppg. *Ditto for Lawson's team info. Is in the argument for best point guard(This season I would consider him more of a PG than an SG) in the league.

Trent Arey-Does a great job leading an inexperience backcourt at Peebles. He leads the team in assists(also leads the league) and steals as a junior. I also think he had more assists than anyone in Peebles history in a single game this season against Fayetteville with 16. Same team info as Jake.

Doc Seip- Best player on Whiteoak's squad as a junior. Whiteoak is currently in 4th place in the SHL small division but will be a tough out in the tournament. Has solidified himself as one of the better players down low in the post despite his size.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Anyone know when the list will be released? I know they already released the girls team.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

should be announced tomorrow.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

TribeManiac u never seem to surprise me...of course ud have 2 players from peebles...but I think with the way frost from wu has played he deserves all shl..yeah he may be on a losing team but team record shouldn't factor in

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:TribeManiac u never seem to surprise me...of course ud have 2 players from peebles...but I think with the way frost from wu has played he deserves all shl..yeah he may be on a losing team but team record shouldn't factor in
Would you not have 2 players from Peebles on the all league team? :). Team success does play into the voting for these and West Union will most likely get one player because of it. Whether that's Frost whose a sophomore or Huntley who is a senior is yet to be seen.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

No guarantee West Union gets a player on the team. They have not had an all league player 2 out of the last 3 years.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

I'm not sayin I wouldn't but it didn't surprise me u had 2..id say u left out the best pg in the league in ricketts...plus purdin from eastern brown deserves to be on the list..

Return to “Boys Basketball”