Southeast District Top 25 (2-5-12)

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Southeast District Top 25 (2-5-12)

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Southeast District Top 25

1. Portsmouth 15-2 Best Win = Warren Loss = @Ironton, @Warren
2. Chesapeake 16-1 Best Win = @Ironton Loss = Logan Elm (N)
3. Warren 13-2 Best Win = Portsmouth Loss = @Chillicothe, @Portsmouth
4. Ironton 13-4 Best Win = Portsmouth Worst Loss = @Greenup County
5. Lucasville Valley 15-2 Best Win = Waverly Worst Loss = @Zane Trace
6. Chillicothe 11-6 Best Win = Warren Worst Loss = Eastmoor Academy
7. Logan Elm 12-4 Best Win = Chesapeake Worst Loss = @Teays Valley
8. Fairland 13-4 Best Win = South Webster (N) Worst Loss = Oak Hil
9. Peebles 14-2 Best Win = Ripley Worst Loss = @Southeastern
10. Eastern Brown 13-4 Best Win = @Peebles Worst Loss = @North Adams
11. Waverly 13-4 Best Win = Piketon Worst Loss = Oak Hill
12. Unioto 12-4 Best Win = Huntington Ross Worst Loss = @Greenfield
13. Circleville 12-4 Best Win = Logan Elm Worst Loss = Fairfield Union
14. Marietta 8-8 Best Win = Coshocton Worst Loss = @Belpre
15. Hillsboro 13-4 Best Win = Eastern Brown Worst Loss = Miami Trace
16. Huntington Ross 12-5 Best Win = @Piketon Worst Loss = @Westfall
17. Fairfield Union 8-7 Best Win = @Circleville Worst Loss = @Teays Valley
18. Belpre 11-4 Best Win = Marietta Worst Loss = Southern
19. Piketon 11-5 Best Win = @Southeastern Worst Loss = Huntington Ross
20. Racine Southern 12-3 Best Win = Belpre Worst Loss = @Reedsville Eastern
21. Oak Hill 11-6 Best Win = Fairland Worst Loss = @Minford
22. Sheridan 11-6 Best Win = Tri-Valley Worst Loss = @Tri-Valley
23. Minford 11-5 Best Win = South Webster Worst Loss = @Jackson
24. Southeastern 9-6 Best Win = Peebles Worst Loss = @Adena
25. Notre Dame 14-2 Best Win = South Webster Worst Loss = Tree of Life Christian (N)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Southeast District Top 25 (2-5-12)

Post by Ironman92 »

I'm skeptical of many of these teams. I think there will be several early round upsets in the tourney. So many of these teams can play the very high level and then just lay a dud and get beat by a miserable team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Piketon's best win is at Southeastern?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Southern lost to Eastern?

Southeastern lost to Adena?

Minford's best win was vs South Webster?

I still would have LE 3 or 4 spots lower.

Thanks for all the info....interesting

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Spacing is horrible again. Does anyone know how to get documents spaced correctly on SEOP? I always have everything spaced out nice and neat and than when you post it looks like this.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I had no trouble reading it.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Ironman92 wrote:Piketon's best win is at Southeastern?

Yep. some could argue for the wins against VC or Eastern Pike but they just dont have a signature win this year.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Ironman92 wrote:Piketon's best win is at Southeastern?
Yes, however they haven't lost to teams they werent supposed to. The have lost to Huntington twice, @ Unioto, @ Waverly, and @ Portsmouth. They win when they should, they had leads late in the game against all 3 losses in the league.

They dont have a signature win, but they also DONT have a signature loss! lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I noticed that as well.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Manchester still not gettin any respect...their clickin now at the right time and have had 2 back to back games against a good whiteoak team which they beat by 20+ I think then beat a good st patrick(ky)team by 12...they definetely deserve to be in the top 25

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

streetballer wrote:Manchester still not gettin any respect...their clickin now at the right time and have had 2 back to back games against a good whiteoak team which they beat by 20+ I think then beat a good st patrick(ky)team by 12...they definetely deserve to be in the top 25
Sorry, i disagree that they are "clicking". They've only won two games in a row. The first was against a 6-11 Whiteoak and the second was an 11-point win over a team that got horse-whipped the night before by 27 at the hands of Eastern Brown. They might be playing better, but those two wins dont jump out as Top-25 worthy to me. Their body of work for the season just isn't very impressive. How many wins do they have over teams with a winning record? As much as you have hyped them up all season long, I honestly expected more than 10-6 and second place in the small-school division of the SHL. I'm not knocking you. I'm just being 100% honest with you. I respect that you are a die-hard fan. I dig the loyalty. But, if you weren't a huge fan, I really believe you'd see things differently when it comes to where the Hounds stand as compared to the other 71 teams in the Southeast District. In order to get recognition in a ranking like the top 25, fans should expect their team to have one or both of the following: 1) One of the top 25 toughest schedules, and/or 2) One of the top 25 overall records. The same goes for the Elite 8 or any other ranking.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

There is only a couple of changes I'd say to your Top 25, with Eastern Brown a bit higher(at least jumping Peebles) and Waverly above Peebles as well.

If Peebles beats Eastern this week, then I 100% agree. Other than that, I think it looks pretty on.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Manchester's win 20 pt win over whiteoak is significant and st pat is not bad either. Maybe they are starting to play better but their resume is still a little short of the top 25 just like ff, lc, & na. If this was a top 35 there might be 6 or 7 shl teams in it. Ripley would be in the top 25 also if they were sed.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Jimmy seein as they don't consider ripley in the southeast they can't be put in the top 25 or beyond..but manchester does deserve to be in it..after all they have an 8-8 team and 8-7 team in top 25 and manchesters record is better than them

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

What has Manchester done to warrent a top 25 ranking?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

streetballer wrote:Jimmy seein as they don't consider ripley in the southeast they can't be put in the top 25 or beyond..but manchester does deserve to be in it..after all they have an 8-8 team and 8-7 team in top 25 and manchesters record is better than them
They haven't played even close to the schedule those schools have played. You have absolutely no concept of the caliber of basketball that is being played outside your small portion of the District. If you did, you would NEVER try to pass off that Manchester's 10-6 record against their schedule is more impressive than a team like Marietta's 8-8 record against their schedule.

Bottom line....you love Manchester and aside from that have ZERO facts to back up your statements. You need to actually watch teams play before running off at the mouth about things you don't know. As the old saying goes, "It's better not to say anything and have people think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and erase all doubt."

streetballer, you have erased all doubt!!!!

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Jesco White wrote:
streetballer wrote:Jimmy seein as they don't consider ripley in the southeast they can't be put in the top 25 or beyond..but manchester does deserve to be in it..after all they have an 8-8 team and 8-7 team in top 25 and manchesters record is better than them
They haven't played even close to the schedule those schools have played. You have absolutely no concept of the caliber of basketball that is being played outside your small portion of the District. If you did, you would NEVER try to pass off that Manchester's 10-6 record against their schedule is more impressive than a team like Marietta's 8-8 record against their schedule.

Bottom line....you love Manchester and aside from that have ZERO facts to back up your statements. You need to actually watch teams play before running off at the mouth about things you don't know. As the old saying goes, "It's better not to say anything and have people think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and erase all doubt."

streetballer, you have erased all doubt!!!!
.......................and that my friends, is the UGLYTRUTH!

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I dont see anything wrong with arguing on the internet. Manchester has a nice team that has the ability to beat a lot of good teams. Manchester fans are pretty big on MaxPreps I believe - do me a favor and look at Manchester's state ranking. Now, compare that to any of the teams in the top 25. And I know that its not the ultimate judge of a teams ability but its at least in the ballpark because it takes into SOS.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I stand corrected.

MaxPrep Rankings

Manchester #446
Minford #473
Notre Dame #436
Sheridan #437
Southeastern #407
Oak Hill #434