Varsity

Div3 #9 Crooksville Vs #8 River Valley @ Athens HS 2/21 6pm

Post by Rvbballdude »

Thoughts

bballmaniac
Waterboy

Re: Div3 #9 Crooksville Vs #8 River Valley @ Athens HS 2/21

Post by bballmaniac »

Crooksville shouldn't have a problem in this game if they can stop Flint from scoring and match the Raiders intensity.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Only thing interesting about this game is Crooksvilles best players name Lake Channel.Seriously tho the ceremics are bad losing to West M and Morgan.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

If i hear right Crooksville is a Zone team? Playing very little Man?
River Valley is a pretty good Rebounding team with Lewis getting Double Figure Boards almost every night.
Raiders Guards may be the fastest Crooksvile has seen all year.
River Valley has spells of turnovers but have cut that down lately, They will flat get after you on defense force tempo.
RV goes 9 deep and all are pretty athletic, IMHO the Raiders played the toughest schedule in this sectional.

Johnny_Marzetti
Waterboy

Post by Johnny_Marzetti »

Rvbballdude wrote:If i hear right Crooksville is a Zone team? Playing very little Man?
River Valley is a pretty good Rebounding team with Lewis getting Double Figure Boards almost every night.
River Valley has spells of turnovers but have cut that down lately, They will flat get after you on defense force tempo.
RV goes 9 deep and all are pretty athletic, IMHO the Raiders played the toughest schedule in this sectional.
Crooksville is pretty bad, but, to be fair, they are the only DIII team in a DI/II league, so I doubt RV's schedule has prepared them any more than Cville's (even though the MVL doesn't seem to be that strong overall this year). Crooksville routinely gets underseeded because of their schedule, although this year I don't think it makes much difference. Case in point, they played #1 NY down to the wire.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I have to agree although I don't know much about either team Crooksville normally has big strong boys on the team and they come from a very physical league. I'm sure if they took Nelsonville down to the wire than they will be looking for a chance for another match up. Good luck to both teams.

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

I am sure Coah Hill's great coaching will prevail.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

galliagrad74 wrote:I am sure Coah Hill's great coaching will prevail.
LOL

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Johnny_Marzetti wrote:
Rvbballdude wrote:If i hear right Crooksville is a Zone team? Playing very little Man?
Crooksville is pretty bad, but, to be fair, they are the only DIII team in a DI/II league, so I doubt RV's schedule has prepared them any more than Cville's (even though the MVL doesn't seem to be that strong overall this year). Crooksville routinely gets underseeded because of their schedule, although this year I don't think it makes much difference. Case in point, they played #1 NY down to the wire.
RV also played numerous Div 2 teams i doubt Crooksville played anyone as good as Peake?
This should be a good game The only common opponent is NY in the 1st meeting RV played very well leading most of the 1st half,then went into the turnover mode and horrible shot selection mode and fell apart.
The 2nd game was very close until a couple minutes left in the 4th. NY shot and made FT's and pulled away to win by 10 or 12.

GalliaGrad74:kidsarewhatmatters:
C'mon man!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I have River Valley overall record short of 20?

What is their record as of right now? I may have had it wrong.

thx

galliagrad74
Waterboy

Post by galliagrad74 »

Rvbballdude wrote:
Johnny_Marzetti wrote:
RV also played numerous Div 2 teams i doubt Crooksville played anyone as good as Peake?
This should be a good game The only common opponent is NY in the 1st meeting RV played very well leading most of the 1st half,then went into the turnover mode and horrible shot selection mode and fell apart.
The 2nd game was very close until a couple minutes left in the 4th. NY shot and made FT's and pulled away to win by 10 or 12.

GalliaGrad74:kidsarewhatmatters:
C'mon man!
True, kids are what matters! So they need to hire a new person that does good for the kids. Goin to these games are embarassing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Crooksville is 5-15.Crooksville played a pretty good John Glenn team.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

EasternDspy wrote:Crooksville is 5-15.Crooksville played a pretty good John Glenn team.
Crooksville is 4-16 they lost to Philo last night 53-35 at home 9th straight loss.
Unless the ohsaa site is wrong?

I promise you River Valley will prob make it a game good or bad,just depends on whether their guards come to play or not!

John Glen is a good team not Chesapeake caliber prob more like Fairland,is my guess.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

John Glenn went to elite 8 last year and has a great player in Dawson and big guy in Agin.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

93Bulldog wrote:I have River Valley overall record short of 20?

What is their record as of right now? I may have had it wrong.

thx

4-16 is the record.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

EasternDspy wrote:John Glenn went to elite 8 last year and has a great player in Dawson and big guy in Agin.
Chesapeake was in the fianl4 2 years ago, final 8 last year and ranked 5th in Ohio again this year. John Glen lost to Cambridge who Marietta beat earlier.
They are usually pretty good!

I look for the RV Crooksville game to be a good one between 2 teams with bad records. The Raiders usually turn the ball over in spurts and can transition with the best of them when they are in sync,they have one really good shooter and scorer and the others can shoot, a super strong post presence at 6' in Lewis who is explosive and averages double digit rebounds. He may thrive against a zone.
You and I both know that High School basketball is a game of match ups,these 2 seem to be pretty close.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Good Luck # 10 and the Rest of he RAIDERS!

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

1st qtr
Rv 18- crooksville 9

6;57 2nd
Rv20. Cv9

Derek flint 11 points in 1st qtr 3-3's & jumpshot
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Half
Rv. 29. Cv16

Flint was out about 4 min bloody nose scored 1st posession back on the floor on a backcut from Noble
Last edited by Rvbballdude on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

End 3 RV 39. Cv 27

Return to “Boys Basketball”