pantherpaw
Freshman Team

2/24 Chesapeake vs. Huntington

Post by pantherpaw »

Comments or thoughts?

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Huntington has excellent guard play, some of the best that Chesapeake will see this year. IMHO the Panther press will be a disaster against this Huntington team and will result in more layups than the Federal Hocking game, if that is possible. :shock: If the Panthers are hitting from outside and can find a way to prevent the layup drill, I think they can win this game.

On the good side, hasn't this Chesapeake squad been a joy to watch this season. Not big expectations but certainly big results for these kids and the coaching staff.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

IMHO this has the potential to be a good game. i have a friend who plays for peake who i'll be there cheerin my boy on before the burg game. peake by 5
Last edited by Mad-Dogg on Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Mad_Dogg wrote:IMHO this has the potential to be a good game. i have a friend who plays for peake so i'm takin them by 5

JMHO, but I think Huntington will win this one going away. Great guard play and very good role players. The kellough brothers are for real. You may shut down 1 but Peake will not shut them both down. They will eat up the press with team quickness and very good guard play. However, the Huntsmen have been playing poorly of late and could make for an interesting game. If both teams bring their "A" game Huntington will win by 10 or so.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

Peake has some pretty good guards and role players, themselves. I believe that this team will be able to give Huntington all they want if they play the way they are capable of playing. I don't know anything about West Union (only that they were 10-12 on the season and a #9 seed in the tourney) but it sounds like Huntington barely got by, so that tells me that they are beatable. I feel Coach Davis will have the Panthers ready for this one. He has done an outstanding job with this team, who was 5-16 this time last year, guiding them to a 17-5 record so far this year. This group of kids will not go down without a fight, so don't count them out just yet!! Let's go Peake and Let's go Seniors!!!

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

Good luck to the Panthers. Try to stay calm pantherpaw :lol:

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

During the game????? NEVER!!!! :lol: :lol:

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

IMO the huntsmen are overrated and if the peake doesn't give up a ton of easy layups the will win. I wouldn't be surprised if chesy doesn't press as much as they usually do. Go peake and I'll be their to root for the OVC and Law. CO. teams.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Im going to go with the Peake in this one. Should be a dandy though.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

Good Luck to the Peake....Gotta pull for the OVC

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

No dog in this fight, but I have seen both play this season. I will give a 5.5 edge to...

bleacherbum
Waterboy

Post by bleacherbum »

Chessy will win this one. It will be a close game but I think these boys have a lot of desire to win. Let's come out ready to win and never let up.

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

Like Hawkeye, I have had a chance to see both teams this year. 8)

I like Huntington in a close one! :shock:

Good Luck to both teams! :-D

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Good luck Panthers.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

who cares!!!
that last game sounded amazing. . . .so just go watch. . this peake team seems to get into some close calls. . . neither is gonna win state so like i said. . who cares lets hope for a good game

almost none of anyones predictions have been too close lately on anything except the ones that think games might be close

come on the risin wind. . were goin up around the bend. .
you can ponder purpetual motion. fix your mind on a crystal day. . always time for good conversation. .
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington's last 4 games have been ridiculous.

@Westfall- W 59-57, last second putback by Collins
@Unioto- W 58-57, last second putback by Cottrill
vs. Adena- L 62-61, last second 3 by Adena
vs. West Union- W 63-61, WU misses 3 shots in the last 5 seconds

If they don't play better than that, Peake will win this game easily. It looks like the loss of Bob Sams hurt this Huntington team more than anyone thought it would. They are still 19-2 for a reason and have the capability to make a deep tournament run.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I watched the Huntington team go into Vinton Co. and beat the Vikings earlier in the season ... a 2 man show with Josh & Justin Kellough ( combined 49 of the 61 HHS points) ... both outstanding ball handlers/hustle players/strong with the ball/ both play bigger than their height due to their overall physical strength ... in that game no one else scored more than 4 points for HHS ... apparently with the close games of late for HHS the Kelloughs are not getting much help from the rest of the cast of characters ... they are however winning , have only lost 2 games with their disciplined play while riding the broad shoulders of the Kellough Bros. ... Chesapeake? I had the pleasure of catching the Panthers win over Federal Hocking in the Apple City ... I was very impressed with Coach Davis' boyz ... 6 different players that can light up the scoreboard for CHS ... the Panthers ARE height challenged BUT they make-up for it by having 5 players on the floor going 110%, all the time ... any loose ball goes to the Panthers due to shear hustle/scrappiness ... Coach Davis has instilled the 'peake TEAM play of the past in HIS ball club - very disciplined/fundamentally sound ... the 'Peake does a lot of things right on the court ...

... as far as this game goes - Huntington has the strength edge ... will have the 2 most talented players on the court ... the 'peake will have the better balanced attack on the offensive end imo ... I don't see CHS being able to "pressure" the Kellough Bros. into turnovers ... I do see CHS being able to play half court defense vs HHS ... I look for a great "basketball" game between these two squads that do just that - play the game of basketball - they don't come out trying to muscle the opposition to make up for a lack of basketball skills - they have players that can "play the game" and coaches that obviously can teach the game ...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

I want to add a name to the Huntsmen that no one talks about. Corey? Cottrill is an excellent role player (as are the others). However, he has the ability to play underneath, rebound and can put up 10-15 pts. He was the unsung hero in the last game. He dominated in the 1st half.

If Ches decides to try and take away both the twins, then it will open up the middle. I have not seen the Peake play, but I can tell you the Huntsmen will give them all they want. They have played close games, but they have pulled them out.

I never would have thought they would have beat Vinton County, but that was a signature win in my book.

GO CAVS!!!

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

Don't know but I wanted to return the favor to Chesapeake and wish them luck and I hope they win. Don't admit this much but I'm a Peake grad,1974 so I root for them when they don't play my Dragons ;-)

Focused
SEOPS

Re: Chesapeake vs. Huntington Ross 2/24

Post by Focused »

Good luck to the Panthers!

Return to “Boys Basketball”