Warren Local vs Logan Elm

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Warren Local vs Logan Elm

Post by pfloyd »

... hard to believe that there is NO thread open with a topic about this one ... Warren Local vs Logan Elm ... Coach Maddox vs Coach Stiverson ????? ...

... What say the Guru's in Southern/SouthEast Ohio ? ... the 2nd game of the twin bill on Thursday night ... two teams that have had to take a back seat to a team or two with talent and size in their respective leagues (Warren - Zanesville/Chillicothe ... Logan Elm - Canal Winchester with the 7 footer Mullens) ... both are well coached by 2 of the best "game time" coaches in hs hoops AND both coaches do an outstanding job of putting together a "game plan" vs more talented ball clubs ... I'm looking forward to seeing this one Thursday night ...

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Warren and Logan Elm are programs you expect to be at the Convo most years - good programs. I like LE in this game. They played one of their better games of the season against Northwest. Good ball movement, working for good shots and making them. Then making them put the ball on the floor and some occasional ball pressure. I'll take Logan Elm and Chillicothe Thursday, setting up a great matchup for the district title.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

if logan elm plays as well as they did against northwest theyll win
Last edited by The_Legend_of_Northwest on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jottings
SEOPS H

Warriors-Braves

Post by jottings »

If Warren brings its "A" game to the Convo, I look for them to advance Thursday. The Warriors have four or five experienced seniors who can really play the game. Go, SEOAL!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Saw Warren play down at Portsmouth and they are pretty good. I think they will win this game and move on.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Logan Elm 70
Warren 52

true_blue
Waterboy

Post by true_blue »

I've gotta go with Team Warren in this one to get the "W"!!

Warren 58
Logan Elm 49

GO BIG BLUE!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Warren played its best basketball of the season during the first 2-2.5 quarters of their game at Chilli. If the Warren team that played that game shows up, they will be hard to beat. Warren has been inconsistent this year. Against Meigs it took them 3 quarters to get going, and they never really were cutting and dishing like they are capable of. They don't shoot consistently either. Maddox was quoted as saying that when they shoot over 30% they win, then they don't, well, they don't. Again, we'll see what team shows up.

Here's hoping that Warren plays like we know they can. If so, it will be a win for the Warriors.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Topic is a game but CaptainJack wants to take a swipe at the MSL.

Not surprised to see Circleville go down. I picked WCH. WCH is playing its best ball of the season and Circleville went 1-4 heading into the tournament. Fairfield lost at the last second. Carroll, who was hurt by injuries, lost by a point in OT. Teays Valley lost to an OCC divisional champion.

Logan Elm is in the district tournament. Canal Winchester and Hamilton play for sectional titles tonight.

No one here says the MSL is the greatest league, but it is a good league. The few MSL posters have to talk a lot about the league because we're outnumbered by TVC, SEOAL, SOC, SVC and other huddlers. We're giving reports on the teams up here.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I had the opportunity to see Canal 2 times , Logan Elm 3 times, Fairfield Union 3 times, Hamilton Twp. , Bloom Carroll 2 times, Teays Valley ... I was VERY impressed with the caliber of teams that the MSL schools had to play night in night out ... not many breathers ... quality coaching ... athletic teams ... teams with size ... teams that pressure the ball for 32 minutes ... teams that have perimeter games to go with an inside presence .... teams with true D1 talent ... bottom line the teams in the Northwest Territories ARE the real deal ... excellent basketball played by all of those schools .... IF you HAVE to watch a league the MSL is one to watch ...

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

I like Logen Elm in this contest and from what I saw they looked like the best team in their sectional. Three or four ballhandlers, same amount of shooters, fundementally, the best team I watched this season, I don't see them beating themselves. Warren better be ready. Don't know if they can beat Chillicothe but they are the only team coming into the district that has a remote chance of pulling off the upset. If that match up happens. Can't look to far ahead.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I like Logan Elm in this one too.It just seems that Warrens just not playing their game here lately. Something just doesn't seem right with Warren.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
gobraves90
Waterboy

Post by gobraves90 »

Where it starts for Logan Elm is with the defense. They had a rough go at first with it at first (a couple of games in the 80s, albeit one was a 4 OT slugfest), but over the last 14 games, they have only given up about 47 points per game. They did a very good job taking away the three point shooters for NW on Friday night. Warren is going to have to take care of the ball and be patient in the half court if they are going to win. LE has also done a good job offensively, even on nights when the outside shooting wasn't there. This one has a feel of an MSL game, and LE won every time they didn't have to play Canal Winchester.

Logan Elm 58
Warren 48

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

A few weeks ago I thought Warren would beat LE but not now. I think LE is playing better ball and the district finals should be LE & Chillicothe.

Chillicothe getting the W in that game of course:)

Army
S

Post by Army »

GO SEOAL :!: :-D

GO Warren Local :!: :-D

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:Warren played its best basketball of the season during the first 2-2.5 quarters of their game at Chilli. If the Warren team that played that game shows up, they will be hard to beat. Warren has been inconsistent this year. Against Meigs it took them 3 quarters to get going, and they never really were cutting and dishing like they are capable of. They don't shoot consistently either. Maddox was quoted as saying that when they shoot over 30% they win, then they don't, well, they don't. Again, we'll see what team shows up.

Here's hoping that Warren plays like we know they can. If so, it will be a win for the Warriors.

I have only seen Warren agains the Cavs but in that game, I thought they were the 3rd best team in the SEOAL. The season did not pan out the way I thought it would be for them, but this game will not be easy for LE.

Warren is athletic and physcial. I posted somewhere else on here, that they seem to be interchangeable. Against the Cavs, they ran some sort of schuffle and/or weave. They could get shots or penetrate. They threw us off because they were much more physcial then some of the other SEOAL teams.

I hope to see some of this game Thursday, but with school Friday, I am not sure how late Mrs. hitchbone will let the kid(s) including me stay out.

GO CAVS!!!

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Stiverson has owned the Maddog head to head.

LE seems to always out execute Warren when it counts. Warren has shown some flashes of greatness this year but that is few and far between.

It will be interesting to see if Warren runs, or settles into one of those 50 point games. Hopefully for Warrior nation the tempo is up so Warren won't have to grind out a low scoring win.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

noreply66 wrote:I like Logan Elm in this one too.It just seems that Warrens just not playing their game here lately. Something just doesn't seem right with Warren.

That thing that is not quite right with Warren is injuries.

They have been as banged up as I have ever seen. A week off was a welcomed thing for Maddox I would like to think. I hope they are refreshed for Thurs. I am pumped for a Big Blue victory

Return to “Boys Basketball”