Western Latham @ NB 2/8

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Western Latham @ NB 2/8

Post by thecinderellapick »

who will it be? will the indians scalp the tigers or will the tigers maul the indians? should be a close one. this one is for the league, right? western beat new boston @ Latham Colliseum once already, but everyone whose played at NB knows that ANYTHING can happen! im taking western by 6. GOOOO INDIANS!!!!!! :lol:

justacommontator
Waterboy

Post by justacommontator »

Western needs to beat New Boston at New Boston. That is a big task for such a little gym. If they area able to pull out the victory, I believe they would be tied with Symmes Valley for the League. Then I think NB and SV play next weekend. The fate of the indians may rest in the paws of the very tigers they attempt to scalp tonight.

4thquarter
Waterboy

Post by 4thquarter »

I will pick the Indians. The have started gathering at the teepee and are ready to do some scalping. It will most certainly be a challenge in NB's small gym, but never doubt the mighty Indians when they are on the warpath. GO INDIANS!!!!! PLAY HARD!!!!!!

SV & NB PLAY SATURDAY!!!!

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

I think NB won in overtime

Western finishes 11-3
NB and SV - share with two losses? Is this correct?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston did win in overtime, 71-67. Congrats Tigers!

The win keeps the Tigers and the Symmes Valley Vikings tied for first place, with SV winning tonight over Eastern Pike.

The Tigers go to Symmes Valley tomorrow in a make up game playing for the championship. Good Luck to both teams!

Western, you played a heck of a game! Great job all season! Good Luck in the tournament.

OldDribbler78
Waterboy

Post by OldDribbler78 »

Congratulations New Boston on a hard fought win. I personally think there should have been a completely different outcome. I mean the Indians were up by 15 in the third quarter and if I'm not mistaken they were down by 1 by the beginning of the 4th! I saw several coaching mistakes during this game, and no, I'm not the coach and I'm not the smartest guy in basketball, but I do know one thing that if the coach of this team doesn't wake up and realize what he needs to do to win, the season may very well end on Feb. 19. And his coaching career maybe the same time frame? I listened to him on the radio after the game and I think he was allluding to the possibility of not being asked to return next year. I'm very disapppointed to not see the Indians take home the Co-Champs title again this year, but they have to look ahead to the tourney now. It's back to square one. Everyone starts at 0-0. Use this important loss to fuel your drive to repeat last years tournament run. Gooo Indians! Whoo!

Return to “Boys Basketball”