What time will the Feb 9. Zanesville-Chillicothe rematch tip

gymratt
Freshman Team

What time will the Feb 9. Zanesville-Chillicothe rematch tip

Post by gymratt »

Does anyone know what time the tip off will be for the SEOAL Championship game in CHillicothe?

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

7:30

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Thank you.

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

How many fans does Chilli. hold and how hard will seats be to come by? Any reccomendations on what time to show up. THANKS

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

Should be a sell out. All of Ross County will likely be there. If OU-C holds a bigger crowd I'd move the game up there.

If you build it, they will come
Lamont Cranston
Freshman Team

Post by Lamont Cranston »

OU-C would hold more, Bit. But IMO they should NOT move it from the "Hat". Chilly's players have earned the right to host this game on their home floor. Will alot of people not get in? Yes. But, with the way the SEOAL "DOC" rotates, you can bet both teams players and coaches have kept this date in the back of their minds, knowing the venue and what would be on the line. Don't know how the coaches, administrators, players, and fans feel about this. When Gary was @ ZT playing in what was a true "cracker-box" (the old Pit), there were occassions early in his tenure there, to move some of his bigger "home" games to OU-C. Sometimes it worked out with a win, sometimes it didn't. What it did do was take away the home court advantage, and seemingly the player's and student body's mindset of defending their home "turf". Later in his years there against some of the excellent teams from Southeastern and Unioto, they were made to visit the Pit. Regardless of where the game is played, Chilly/'Ville-II is bound to be a great game between two great teams. My guess is these teams would compete hard and entertain if they played in a barn in Knockemstiff!!! :):):) Go Cavs!!!

Calling it like it is...
baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

no thanks on playing the game at OUC. I want Zville to deal with the crowd at the hat like we had to deal with it there. Its truley a difference maker.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what time will the doors open? ...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^^^

Most likely one hour before tipoff of the JV game. I am assuming 5:00 p.m. I will try and find out the details early this week and post it. I am sure there will be a long line of people from Southern Ohio and Muskingham county trying to get in.

GO CAVS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... hitch will there be a JV contest? with the DOC last year - games all in one location obviously no JVs played ... didn't even think about a JV game before any of the DOC games this year ...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

pfloyd wrote:... hitch will there be a JV contest? with the DOC last year - games all in one location obviously no JVs played ... didn't even think about a JV game before any of the DOC games this year ...

pfloyd,

I was told last week, they will play JV contest at all the DOC games. I will confirm this as well.

GO CAVS!!!

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Zanes/Chilli

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Picture up on the Huddle of the Mills/Hitchens "incident"....Picture was taken right after Hitchens threw a forearm into Mill's Chest....I was sitting 4 rows up and about 5-7 feet to the right of that picture. Saw what happened close up...Good pic!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks hitch

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: Zanes/Chilli

Post by Hitchbone64 »

tropicalbreeze wrote:Picture up on the Huddle of the Mills/Hitchens "incident"....Picture was taken right after Hitchens threw a forearm into Mill's Chest....I was sitting 4 rows up and about 5-7 feet to the right of that picture. Saw what happened close up...Good pic!

tbreeze,

You must have been sitting next to me and had a different pair of glasses. Mill's hit Humpty first with a forearm. I watched the whole thing. The Ref blew the whistle and as he was walking Hump retaliated.

They went from chicken fighting to forearm shivers. Trust me if Hump really wanted to hit him it would have been like Floyd Mayweather hitting Oscar DeLa Hoya. Humps not like that, but he is not going to back down.

Lets get all the facts straight first. Looks like you saw the retaliation. I blame the refs, because they let the game get to physcial anyways. Was you sitting right there, when Dawes got undressed and then was pulled down out of bounds and the refs whistled foul on #32 Blue. Amazing.

GO CAVS!!!

GO CAVS!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Lamont Cranston wrote:OU-C would hold more, Bit. But IMO they should NOT move it from the "Hat". Chilly's players have earned the right to host this game on their home floor. Will alot of people not get in? Yes. But, with the way the SEOAL "DOC" rotates, you can bet both teams players and coaches have kept this date in the back of their minds, knowing the venue and what would be on the line. Don't know how the coaches, administrators, players, and fans feel about this. When Gary was @ ZT playing in what was a true "cracker-box" (the old Pit), there were occassions early in his tenure there, to move some of his bigger "home" games to OU-C. Sometimes it worked out with a win, sometimes it didn't. What it did do was take away the home court advantage, and seemingly the player's and student body's mindset of defending their home "turf". Later in his years there against some of the excellent teams from Southeastern and Unioto, they were made to visit the Pit. Regardless of where the game is played, Chilly/'Ville-II is bound to be a great game between two great teams. My guess is these teams would compete hard and entertain if they played in a barn in Knockemstiff!!! :):):) Go Cavs!!!

Great Post :!:

tropicalbreeze wrote:Picture up on the Huddle of the Mills/Hitchens "incident"....Picture was taken right after Hitchens threw a forearm into Mill's Chest....I was sitting 4 rows up and about 5-7 feet to the right of that picture. Saw what happened close up...Good pic!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Should be a great game. Looking forward to watching two of the better teams in the state go after the SEOAL championship.

It would be nice to allow more fans to see this but if I were a Chilli fan, I'd want the home court advantage and playing in the gym they are familar with.

Army
S

Post by Army »

It will be at the Hatton :!:

GO CAVS :!: :-D

tropicalbreeze
Freshman Team

Zanes/Chilli

Post by tropicalbreeze »

Hitch....Here's what happened. Zanes taking the ball out of bounds. Hitchens grabs a fist full of Mills jersy with his right hand and wraps his left hand completely around the waist of Mills hoilding so he could not move. Mills pushes Hitchins trying to get separation. Hitchens loses his composure, walks back to Mills, throws a formarm into his chest and jumps about 2 inches into Mills face. (see pic)...That's when the referee's stepped in and crowd got involved and fan ejected. All ya got to do is go back and look at film, which I'm sure "you" have access to! Mills is a mild manner kid, that kinda stuff is very not like him. Mills did push Hichens away after Hitchens jumped into his face, but any kid would've.

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

lol i love tropicals account, notice how innocent he makes the first Mills shove sound to put blame on Hitchens? was hump holding him? yes. does the opposing team hold him on 3 out of 4 out of bounds plays every game? yes. Mills then punch shoved him for holding him and ignited the whole incident but "hitchens lost his composure", no my opinion is Mills lost his composure b/c he couldnt take being held so he shoved forcefully and first. so dont sit here and play like poor little zanesviller was an innocent bystander. if you push, you get pushed, if you cant handle it, dont push.

i'm doin my best to endure all this crying without telling everyone what i really think, but its getting hard.

and thats just how it is...Dshanton3
O.R.prep
Riding the Bench

Post by O.R.prep »

Tropicalbreeze: Would you please let that issue die. Face the facts ! Chillicothe has beaten Z-ville three times straight thimes and are playing as well as anybody in the state right now.

Return to “Boys Basketball”