SE-Ohio Teams that score over a 100 points in games

Army
S

SE-Ohio Teams that score over a 100 points in games

Post by Army »

So why all the whinning by mostly the outsiders concerning this year in High School Basketball when teams score over a 100pts :?:

I really have not seen to many posters from those respected leagues saying anything about it. We have heard accusations as the Coach is running up the score to the 1st stringers were in the whole game to....etc, etc.

There has been three games this season that I have seen this take place in SE-Ohio.

1. Chillicothe 104 Jackson 40

2. McArthur Vinton County 103 Nelsonville-York 48

3. Zanesville 105 The Plains Athens 35
Last edited by Army on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

seoal bandito
Waterboy

Post by seoal bandito »

well it seems, where i work, alot of people think chilly runs up the score. i dont know this to be true but its what i hear

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

then go to a game! :roll:

seoal bandito
Waterboy

Post by seoal bandito »

:oops:

Army
S

Post by Army »

Captain Jack wrote:VC actually only scored 103. :cry:

Thanks...updated :!:

rufino linares
Waterboy

100 points

Post by rufino linares »

Fairland 111-83 over GC.

Army
S

Re: 100 points

Post by Army »

rufino linares wrote:Fairland 111-83 over GC.

Who is GC :?:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

GC is Greenup County, Kentucky.....the school is located in the town of Lloyd......the Musketeers were always competitive when Randy Ward was coaching there, but have been up and down since. GC was a former member of the OKAC....Ohio-Kentucky Athletic Conference.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

seoal bandito wrote:well it seems, where i work, alot of people think chilly runs up the score. i dont know this to be true but its what i hear

seoal bandito: Let me give you some stats to show the Cavs do not run up the score. First they have played the following strong teams 1) Columbus Brookhaven (Loss), 2) Wheelersburg (W), 3) Cincy North College Hill (W), 4) Newark (W), 5) Dayton Dunbar. In these 5 games the starters had to play the majority of the game. In the other 10 games these kids barely get 2 plus quarters.

With that in mind our starters average 22 minutes per game. That is not even 3 qtrs of play per game (including the 5 competitive contest). Keep in mind, we were also losing in the 2nd quarter of a few more of the easier victories, so it is not like these games are over at half.

While it helps our bench drastically, it does also impact stats for some of the kids. This can have an impact on post season honors etc. These kids are still 16-18 years old and like to be recognized. Our 3-5 guys are special but their stats don't necessarily show it (when you are only playing 20 mpg.

GO CAVS!!!

Army
S

Post by Army »

trojandave wrote:GC is Greenup County, Kentucky.....the school is located in the town of Lloyd......the Musketeers were always competitive when Randy Ward was coaching there, but have been up and down since. GC was a former member of the OKAC....Ohio-Kentucky Athletic Conference.

Trojan Dave,

Thanks. By the way...good SEOAL win for your Trojans against Gallipolis.

We got a lot of flak by posters from places like Wheelersburg and others saying we ran up the score. If we would of kept our starters in like Jackson, the score could of been 130 or even 140. The Jackson kids played with heart last night. And, they didn't quit. It was not the Jackson posters on here spewing the trash, it was those that are not even in the SEOAL. Like Wheelersburg, a team we beat by 26 on there court. Sour Grapes that's all :!: :cry: :lol: :roll:

Good luck to your Trojans.

ARMY :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

hitchbone64 wrote:
seoal bandito wrote:well it seems, where i work, alot of people think chilly runs up the score. i dont know this to be true but its what i hear

seoal bandito: Let me give you some stats to show the Cavs do not run up the score. First they have played the following strong teams 1) Columbus Brookhaven (Loss), 2) Wheelersburg (W), 3) Cincy North College Hill (W), 4) Newark (W), 5) Dayton Dunbar. In these 5 games the starters had to play the majority of the game. In the other 10 games these kids barely get 2 plus quarters.

With that in mind our starters average 22 minutes per game. That is not even 3 qtrs of play per game (including the 5 competitive contest). Keep in mind, we were also losing in the 2nd quarter of a few more of the easier victories, so it is not like these games are over at half.

While it helps our bench drastically, it does also impact stats for some of the kids. This can have an impact on post season honors etc. These kids are still 16-18 years old and like to be recognized. Our 3-5 guys are special but their stats don't necessarily show it (when you are only playing 20 mpg.

GO CAVS!!!

Great Point Hitchbone64,

I just wished others would realize that concerning it's our kids out there playing and getting opportunities. Not us anymore, our time has passed and went by the wayside. You look at those kids last night on both teams. They played with heart and school spirit. Isn't that really what it's all about :?: :-D

Good Game Jackson

GO CAVS :!:

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

^^^^^

I echo your point. Both teams, all kids played their hearts out.

GO CAVS!!!

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

I heard and saw (My opinion) that Chilly plays very methodical defense, which sometimes, if not most vs some teams, leads to a lot of points.
Good rebounding and fast breaks lead to points off transition.
The Cavs subs score a lot, and you don't put these kids in and say, "Don't score!" You put them in to play, and part of playing is scoring!
It's great basketball, and good for SE Ohio basketball.
Don't knock it.
Keep it up Cavs, this is one Viking fan who is rootin for ya; well until that one game that most of us want to happen. 8)
Good luck Cavs.

GO VIKES

SendItHome24
Waterboy

Post by SendItHome24 »

Chilly doesn't run up the score. The proof is there I mean look at the game Tuesday starters only played a little over a half. They just play great team defense. Now if they had the chance to run it up against Zanesville this Friday after last years fiasco I don't know.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

What is Hitchens point total for a career, has he passed Matt Combs as Ross County leader?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The Portsmouth Trojans have played in a few games where they scored in the 90's this year.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

i doubt it hawkeye that record is untouchable

Pol pot
SE

Greenup Ky, and Randy Ward?

Post by Pol pot »

Randy Ward, isn't he the guy who could pass as a cover band for "Little Jimmy Dickens and the Country Boys". They sure do look a like!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

When the losing team pulls their starters on a big loss, then I do feel like the winning team should pull their starters also and not leave them in to extend an already large lead. But I have to say that I have only seen that happen once in the past decade. And in that case, the winning team did not go over 100 points.

Return to “Boys Basketball”