NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Minford 82-Valley 76

Post by NICKNEVADA »

fiinal

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

The game was very enjoyable to watch with the talent of both teams as they were up and down the court all night. It looked as if down the stretch that Minford just had a little more left in the tank the last few minutes as they pulled away ever so slightly but for Valley to cut it to 6 just before the end of regulation. From Valley I have to say that Cameron Arbaugh had a heck of a game! I would like to see what he is going to be looking for in the future and to see if he is going to persue playing ball at the collegiate level. Also for Valley I felt Treg Cunningham also had a very well rounded game tonight as he hit quite a few 3's. I thought he would've shot a few more as he was hitting but he looked for his team mates for the most part and tried to focus on being the floor leader. Good game by the Indians. Now for the Falcons, it was a very spread out scoring night except for the Sean Smith kid because he had around 20 to 25 probably. He is one heck of a shooter, that's for sure! When he is hitting then it's hard for just about anyone to stop him! Aaron Prater, Evan Price, and Hugh Brisker all had there usual nights with around 8 to 12 points. I feel that both teams look to have bright futures down the road this season and on! Once again, good game to watch and glad that no one ended up getting hurt from either team!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I think that these are two very even teams. Valley really struggled on the boards in the first half and that is going to happen with both Hickerson and McClain out. This team is coming around and if Cam (24 points) and Treg (29 points) continue to play that way, they are going to be a load after the Holiday break.

By the way, Sean Smith is tough. I think he finished with 32 and at least 5 offensive boards.

Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

Unfortunately the V-cast went out and I didn't get to see all of it, but sounds like Cunningham had a great game. He is such a good ball handler and that's one position that Valley doesn't go very deep in. From what I heard, half the team is sick right now and still played, so they did a commendable job. Hopefully they'll get rested up and well over the break and ready to come back and play some ball at the beginning of the year.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Arbaugh and Cunningham are the two to stop for Valley or at least try and contain. It is good to see the Indians playing better.

Return to “Boys Basketball”