Tuesday 12/15 scores

ballsdeep30
Waterboy

Re: Tuesday 12/15 scores

Post by ballsdeep30 »

Poo Bear wrote:
ballsdeep30 wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Dandy Don your funny....actually wellston is more talented than Meigs .....

It appeared that way when they couldn't stop the marauders the whole second half. A real nail biter to watch!
I never said wellston was a better team, but individually wellston has better athletes than Meigs.

Why wellston isn't better is a mystery.

Like I said from what I've seen

You are crazy if you think Wellston has better athletes than Meigs. Not taking anything away from Wellston. But Meigs has so much talent on the floor. Especially the sophomore class coming up!

vinton county

Then way way way below them is Meigs and wellston and even below them is river valley

I hear Alex is good also

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Poo Bear wrote:
ballsdeep30 wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Dandy Don your funny....actually wellston is more talented than Meigs .....

It appeared that way when they couldn't stop the marauders the whole second half. A real nail biter to watch!
I never said wellston was a better team, but individually wellston has better athletes than Meigs.

Why wellston isn't better is a mystery.

Like I said from what I've seen

vinton county

Then way way way below them is Meigs and wellston and even below them is river valley

I hear Alex is good also
Wellston having better Athletes then Meigs, now that has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time...It sure does show in Football, Basketball and Baseball...Now back when Ousley and them played you might have been right. But give me a break, Meigs has talent all the way from Seniors down to Freshmen...I am pretty sure out athletes swept your athletes while we were in wellston.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Sorry I saw vc and Meigs play and I don't see where Meigs will stay within 20 of vc

They sure couldn't Run a young Jackson squad off the floor

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:
:lol:
See you tomorrow laughing Raider guy.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Poo Bear wrote:Sorry I saw vc and Meigs play and I don't see where Meigs will stay within 20 of vc

Vinton County is very good and we will worry about that game when it comes, I believe our discussion is about what has already happened...We beat both Wellston and Jackson...Oh and we beat Warren as well....Lets see here..Wellston beat Rock Hill by 6...Meigs beat Rock Hill by 32...Meigs beat Rockets by 37...So Dan Don, what is your point in this whole discussion, you don't even belong in this discussion.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ma77ox wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Sorry I saw vc and Meigs play and I don't see where Meigs will stay within 20 of vc

Vinton County is very good and we will worry about that game when it comes, I believe our discussion is about what has already happened...We beat both Wellston and Jackson...Oh and we beat Warren as well....Lets see here..Wellston beat Rock Hill by 6...Meigs beat Rock Hill by 32...Meigs beat Rockets by 37...So Dan Don, what is your point in this whole discussion, you don't even belong in this discussion.
Wellston beat Jackson by 1
Meigs beat Jackson by 3

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Well Athens plays Wellston tomorrow. Should be a good game

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Poo Bear wrote:
ma77ox wrote:

Meigs beat Jackson by 3
Hence, Meigs had a BAD game versus Jackson.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ma77ox wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Meigs beat Jackson by 3
Hence, Meigs had a BAD game versus Jackson.
Jackson also had a bad game
We can do this forever
End result all that matters dude

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Jackson didn't have a bad game, they had there average 49 points a game...a bad game for Jackson would be 20 points...Meigs averaged 72 points, Meigs scored 25 points less then they normally score...How hard is that to see?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson plans a very slow tempo because they're limited on offense right now
Several possessions they took 1.30-2.00 off the clock
However Jackson does play hard defense and has some athletes
Everyone one of Jackson games have been low scoring minus VC who is on another level
Many occasions Jackson out hustled and out worked Meigs and that's what teams have to do to compete when you don't have the horses yet, they are coming though.
That had more to do with the low scoring than Meigs not playing well
Meigs isn't 25-30 points better than Jackson man

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Give Jacksons game plan , defense , and overall effort some credit. They could easily be 4-1 right now
Lost 3 games by total of 5 points

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

Washington 60 Hillsboro 55

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ma77ox wrote:Jackson didn't have a bad game, they had there average 49 points a game...a bad game for Jackson would be 20 points...Meigs averaged 72 points, Meigs scored 25 points less then they normally score...How hard is that to see?
72 ppg? That's going to go down because no one short of Unioto should be going 72 ppg. Teams will eventually play defense on you.

Would still love the number of shot attempts vs Jackson compared to your average attempts versus the other 5 teams you played.

VC scored 66 on us....we play defense and attempt to work towards an easy shot but not a greatly efficient offensive team.

No way Sheets was even close to his normal number of attempts....but maybe I had too much Mt Dew around me to be accurate.

I can't wait for Jackson's next game. They're working hard in their practices. It will be a difficult challenge over there in Ross County vs Unioto.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Versus Belpre
Meigs hit 9-of-16 (56.3 percent) free throw attempts and 26-of-61 (42.6 percent) field goal attempts, including 3-of-13 (23.1 percent) attempts from three-point range.

Versus Warren
For the game Meigs was 8-of-13 (61.5 percent) from the free throw line and 28-of-61 (45.9 percent) from the field, including 10-of-20 (50 percent). As a team the Maroon and Gold had 32 rebounds, 12 assists, 10 steals, three blocks, 13 fouls and 13 turnovers.

Versus Wellston
As a team the Marauders had 46 rebounds, six steals, three blocked shots and 12 turnovers. MHS shot 9-of-17 (52.9 percent) from the free throw line and 31-of-58 (53.4 percent) from the field, including 4-of-11 (36.4 percent) from beyond the arc

Versus Athens
Meigs hit 17-of-26 (65.4 percent) free throw attempts, including five straight to seal the win. The Marauders were 24-of-55 (43.6 percent) from the field, including 7-of-17 (41.2 percent) from beyond the arc. As a team Meigs had 28 defensive rebounds, 13 offensive rebounds, 13 assists, 10 steals, one block, 17 turnovers and 15 fouls.

Versus Rock Hill
For the game Meigs shot 8-of-13 (61.5 percent) from the free throw line and 29-of-57 (50.9 percent) from the field, including 5-of-18 (27.8 percent) from beyond the arc. As a team the Maroon and Gold had 23 defensive rebounds, 12 offensive rebounds, 15 assists, 13 steals, eight fouls and 12 turnovers.

Versus Jackson
The Marauders shot 9-of-13 (69.2 percent) from the free throw line and 17-of-47 (36.2 percent) from the field, including 4-of-14 (28.6 percent) from three-point range. As a team MHS had 35 rebounds, 10 assists, five steals, five blocks, 10 fouls and 14 turnovers.

Now take a look at the Field Goal Percentages and tell me we didn't have a bad game against Jackson.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jacksons defense had zero to do with that?

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Poo Bear wrote:Jacksons defense had zero to do with that?
Not as much as you would like to think.

Seriously be realistic, You all have won only ONE game...Your Defense isn't all that you think it is...Accept it!!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

ma77ox wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:Jacksons defense had zero to do with that?
Not as much as you would like to think.
Apparently neither one of us were impressed with the other
Good luck my friend

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thank You for the detailed breakdown.

Averaged 58 shots in the first 5 games and only took 47 at Jackson....Jackson definitely contributed to that.

11 shots (probably 3 3's and 8 2's)....probably around 11 fewer points due to Jackson running a deliberate/patient offense and some due to their defense. The kid with 15 didn't have a poor game at all. 11 fewer shots than average, unlikely Sheets was within a few shots of his typical number of attempts. I'd GUESS his shot totals are even more showing than the team's numbers.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

14 turnovers and 10 assists...sounds like good defense by Jackson

Only allowed 13 2 point FG! Wow, definitely great defense.

Return to “Boys Basketball”