Gallia Academy

Bucknut0
Waterboy

Re: Gallia Academy

Post by Bucknut0 »

HoopsHotHead wrote:GAHS was leading after 3........what happened in the fourth?......25-8 in favor of Ironton.....comments?....thoughts as to why/how this happened

Gallia played a tough team, and a team with a great coach. LaFon adjusted to what we were running and we did not make adjustments. I can not wait until we play RV so we can make it two years in a row.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I agree, LaFon is a great coach.....I also know that GAHS has some players that were ill and Peck has some ankle issues.....just curious.....

As for the RV/GAHS game.....too far ahead to even think about....

Best of luck to Coach Harrison, McCleland and Deel.....till we play you.....then GO RAIDERS!!!

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Long season put this behind you move on! Back in the day at tank you was down a td before kickoff !
Last edited by bighead on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue devils were up 37-31. took ball down court and shot a 3 about 5 seconds into possession lead to a long rebound and a easy 2 a turnover on next possession a 3 pointer for Ironton. another bad shot by blue devils lead to a old fashion 3 point play by ironton. it is now 39-37 ironton and Gallia stated playing to extend the game and fouling with over 2 minutes left only down 3 or 4. Ironton made almost all their foul shots down the stretch. Blue devils were short handed but if when they were up 37-31 they would of decided to go with basic nothing but a layup offense they would of had a much better chance.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Thanks for the info svac83......best of luck to the Blue Devils!!!

Skywalker
Waterboy

Post by Skywalker »

I'd say the difference in the ironton game was free throws
Ironton 21-30. Gallia 5-6.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

WoW ! I say it was.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Yea but 21 of those foul shots were in the last 5 minutes of game.. I know blue Devils were short handed that night but started fouling way to early

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Thats Ironton for you!

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Tonight score update !

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Big win !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

A home game against south point a very good win.. being in. A grinder filling behind twice and dug themselves back in the game was huge.. Can't tell you last time Blue Devils did that.. Still need to see improvement on the road.

On a side note who in the crap designed that gym.. south point probably didn't have 60 fans and when the game got close they were super loud..probably the most I've heard a gallia team in a game in a long time but that gym just escapes into the back gym or something they need to fix that

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Hope they can keep Fridays game respectful

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Harrison you can make head lines with a "W" ! That's why games are played ! OZ will be in the house.Good Coach.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Blue Devils showed me something Tuesday night most fun I have had at a high school game in a while.. You have the number 9 team in the state coming in Friday night.. should be a packed house but won't be.. city schools have a 4 day weekend a lot of kids won't show.. weather may be a factor.. But can't wait to see it..

Would love to see the blue Devils get out and the the court with dragons but that would be a recipe to get blown out...

Here is my recipe for Blue Devils to keep this thing close... first the defensive game plan needs to be kind of what it was against south point.. after every made basket.. they need to go into that 3/4 court zone that really isn't made to press but is made to slow down the advancement of the ball quickly.. Blue Devils probably need 10 3's and probably need to shoot 40 Pct from behind the line.. They need Peck to be healthy and probably score 20 points and they probably need to hit at least 10 foul shots.. this should put you in the 60 to 65 point range and hope you have played good enough defense to win..

That is what I would like to see. What I expect to see.. is Gallia in a ton of foul trouble early against a big athletic fairyland club and they get blown out by like 80-50

But Tuesday gives me hope they can prove me wrong

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

How many Fairland players transfer in from another school ? WOW !And Know SR players on team ! Good team ! Good luck!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don't think the howell kid transferred for athletics but his sister was a gallia academy graduate.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Fairland was a very good team. Best team i have scene play in person for a while. Blue devils did not value the ball and once Peck got in foul trouble. They were done. The officiating crew was great last night. did they miss some calls yes. Were they fair to both teams yes, and probably the best part was they were consistent all night. wish Blue Devils had put up a better fight but hopefully they will learn from that loss and get better. Lets see how they bounce back and play on the road next week.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Wish Fairland the best ! That many good players out of a small Southeastern Ohio school is rare !But back in the day it was Ironton in Football !

Return to “Boys Basketball”