Burg @ Oak Hill - 12/7

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Top 40 Countdown before I think football.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

6'7 MAYBE 150.... I don't think of a football player when I see him. Doubt anyone else would either.

whspirate
Waterboy

Post by whspirate »

Have to give oak hill credit I thought when burg went up by six late in the third that they would pull away. Oak hill struggled around the perimeter when burg was abe to pressure the ball handler. Foul trouble late in the game prevented that pressure. I do not think it was home cookin, but I do think that officials had to much of an effect on the game especially the last minute. With 6 minutes left in the game there was about 34 fouls called and a lot of the fouls should of been no calls.

It was a great atmosphere. I anticipate that with every game wheelersburg plays this year.

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

Sounds like a great game. Would have liked to have seen it. Congrats to the Oaks.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Indeed.. A Big Congrats to the Oaks! :-D

backdoor54
Riding the Bench

Post by backdoor54 »

Oak hill didnt make a field goal in the last minute of the game. all there points came from the line on handcheck calls. burg wasnt fouling on purpose, the game was tied or they were up. The officials called fouls that had nothing to do with the play. The game was won when spradlin went into the paint in a tie ball game, shot, was hit (No call) which is fine, last seconds you wont get that call (understood) shot went strong and burg was called for an over the back with four seconds.. Hale then made one out of two. you be the judge if thats a good way to decide a tie game. oak hill didnt get to the foul line more because they were more aggressive, they got there because they called every chest up on the perimeter. That stuff is let go in high level basketball games..surprising.

BLUEDEVILS
Waterboy

Post by BLUEDEVILS »

Great win by the OAKS. Team effort.

burgtown
Waterboy

OH vs Burg

Post by burgtown »

This game is not a surprise, this burg team can't throw a ball in the river from the dock. like I said before Drew is a good player but he can't carry this team every night. If I were OH I wouldn't pat myself on the back to much, this isn't by far a good burg team. I see another loss tonight against Chilly. This is going to be a ugly season.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

the burg might not look very impressive right now but come tourney time they will look like a different team.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

We haven't beat you guys in 10 years. I think that the boys can pat themselves on their back a few times.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

I agree MOF, Oak Hill should pat themselves on the back for beating Wheelersburg and enjoy it while they can. Lets face it, Wheelersburg does not lose often, in anything and tonight, Oak Hill was the better team. But, they still have to come to our house and everbody knows the beatings we give out on top of the hill. Enjoy your victory, you deserve it, but beware.

Oaks-Fan
Waterboy

Post by Oaks-Fan »

Both teams made some mistakes, and this game could have easily gone either way. But, that said, it was still a great win for the Oaks.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Ironman92 wrote:Maltese...just trust me. I don't know the kid's weight but he's a long 6'7 and may be the skinniest kid anywhere in the district. He's a heck of a player. I'm sure if he wanted to play football he be great at it...but the kid is slender to say the least.

If you looked at him and thought football player then we'd just have to disagree.

Perhaps if he played football (like Spradlin does) he would build up some muscle and beef and wouldn't be so frail.

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

congrats to the oaks on the win.. wheelersburg keep your head up you still have a lot of basketball ahead of you!!!!!! GO BURG

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Someone said Oak Hill only had one player with 4 fouls..not that its important..but I know my brother had 4(Slone) and Hale also had 4..so thats 2 and there may have been another...just correcting a little bit..WAHOOO wayto go OAKS!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I was wrong but I still think the burg will whip the oaks when they play again but still a good win so enjoy it while you can.

alabama mike
SE

Re: OH vs Burg

Post by alabama mike »

burgtown wrote:This game is not a surprise, this burg team can't throw a ball in the river from the dock. like I said before Drew is a good player but he can't carry this team every night. If I were OH I wouldn't pat myself on the back to much, this isn't by far a good burg team. I see another loss tonight against Chilly. This is going to be a ugly season.

burgtown,

1. Yes Drew, is a good player and he can carry a team, I've watched him play since pee wee, just about every single game he has played with the exception of AAU.
2. Burg must get some other players to hit some shots from the outside to free up the inside and Drew, otherwise, teams are going to pack in a zone a dare the Pirates to win it from the outside.
3. You said, 'this isn't by far a good burg team." We do not have the talent that we have had the past two years but this is decent team.
4. You said, "this is going to be a ugly season." What are you calling ugly, not going back to the final four? I'll be the first to admit that its probably not going to happen but we will compete for the SOC title and we will be back in Athens at seasons end. To make it to the state touraments, you have to have some luck along the way, catch a break here and there, jell at the right time and be very good.
5. Burg had its best team in a long time last year and we barley beat Chilly at Chilly. Last seconds of the game if I remember correctly.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

One thing to remember - Wheelersburg will improve unllike any other in the SOC II or probably even southern Ohio as the season goes on. I've seen first-hand the kind of job that Coach Barrick does and the second time around will be tough. If some team is going to beat the Burg, they better get them early in the season. Oak Hill almost had to win this game to have a true shot at the SOC even though it's very early in the season.

Oak Hill, Wheelersburg, and Waverly will still probably battle it out for the top spot but the way that Northwest has been playing they will possibly knock off another of the top teams down the road.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Love was a good 2 1/2 inches taller than Spradlin.....lifting weights would change his body some depending on how he went about it....playing football would do little.

His build would have trouble gaining any weight.....he'll fill out after gradution likely...weights would halp some....but I never witnessed strength being a problem last night.

He's one of the top offensive threats around.....regardless of his strength.

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

I disagree
For love to be a big offensive threat he would have to outdo his teamate ryan borden
Love can score
But not like borden can
And Ondera is The playmaker on this team

Return to “Boys Basketball”