Fan Behavior At Games…Action Needs Taken

PineRider
Waterboy

Re: Fan Behavior At Games…Action Needs Taken

Post by PineRider »

Longtimer wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:03 am
baseball16 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:38 pm I said it in another post but the following things need to happen to get a little more control of the situation:

1. Administrators need to control their crowd. Not just stand in a corner of the gym or hallway. When someone is acting out have a conversation with them. Probably be a little uncomfortable I am sure but it's the job.
2. Law enforcement issue tickets for disorderly conduct
3. Suspend bad behavior for 2 or more games
4. Suspend bad behavior for the remainder of the year or longer.

It is not the officials job to police the crowd. It is not the crowds responsibility to police the crowd. In vermont a 60 year old man was killed in a fight at a basketball game. Control what we can control and everyone respect everyone and the games will go smooth, however once that balls goes in the air it seems to change.
I LOVE this comment. If number 1 is done ----- a LOT of things will calm down.
Also ---- another person stated and I have seen it way too many times ....... officials need to STOP !!!
STOP looking to throw someone out
STOP laughing and shaking your head because you don`t like what the comment was
STOP looking into crowd to try to find who is yelling
STOP commenting back to fans
STOP visiting with one teams coach for EVER before a game and only casually speak to the other
STOP trying to explain rules that you obviously do NOT understand yourself
STOP ball watching. 3 sets of eyes on th eball means that a LOT is going on that NOBODY sees and then get upset because people yell
STOP thinking that you are bigger than the game

If OFFICIALS and FANS had some accountability for their actions there would be a LOT less of this garbage.

OFFICIALS ----- GET BETTER INSTEAD OF THINKING YOU ARE THE BEST
FANS ----------- ACT BETTER AS THERE ARE A LOT MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE THAN AN INADEQUATE OFFICIAL IN THE MIDST OF A SHORTAGE OF SUCH
SCHOOLS ------ PLEASE ASK YOUR ON SITE MANAGEMENT TO CONTROL THE CROWD BEHAVIOR

PLAYERS AND COACHES SEEM TO BE SHOWING MORE RESPECT FOR THE GAME THIS SEASON THAN ANYONE ELSE IS.

ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPECT
I couldn't agree more with these two!

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball:30 »

It is not too long until the day that games cannot be played due to lack of officials.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

greyghost wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:56 am
*D1* wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:46 pm
clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:25 pm D1,
DOG? I can't respond what I want to because of the penalties that I would face. You keep on showing up and watching all of those bad calls. Officials laughing at spectators, the last thing officials want to have to do is remove spectators--if the admin. would do their job we wouldn't be facing these issues. We bring the wrath upon ourselves-yes, that's what we are trying to accomplish. Thank you for your support---come on down and help us out--classes are offered every year and we need some great officials like you to help us.
Dog = Dawg Pound = Cleveland Browns. No?

Hey I wouldn’t expect an official to take any responsibility here, or anywhere for that matter. Everyone knows officials are never wrong. However, I can honestly say everything I mentioned are actions I’ve personally witnessed. Additionally, I always appreciate when a discussion like this takes place that at some point a wise asszed know it all official is going to throw out the go to, “classes are offered every year…” Its a classic and always expected. FYI I did officiate previously and got out of it because of officials acting the way I mentioned and many like you who are all knowing and never wrong. So as for the class, I’ll give the same response you would if someone said to you, hey how about you trying to get better, no thanks.
It never fails that every year an official gets on here and makes a post like this. It never changes a thing. Nothing gets better and in fact I would contend that things have gotten worse based on the comments. So to you officials who make these posts you’re wasting your time. Instead of making posts bashing spectators, law enforcement and school employees, just tell how hard you work and how hard it is to be an official and leave it at that. Now that’s not much of a recruiting strategy, but it has to be your real motive for posting because you have to see like I do that your rants are having zero effect on the problem you complain about year after year after year…
This!

I know, I was D1 fellas
Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

*D1* wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:41 am
*D1* wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:46 pm

Dog = Dawg Pound = Cleveland Browns. No?

Hey I wouldn’t expect an official to take any responsibility here, or anywhere for that matter. Everyone knows officials are never wrong. However, I can honestly say everything I mentioned are actions I’ve personally witnessed. Additionally, I always appreciate when a discussion like this takes place that at some point a wise asszed know it all official is going to throw out the go to, “classes are offered every year…” Its a classic and always expected. FYI I did officiate previously and got out of it because of officials acting the way I mentioned and many like you who are all knowing and never wrong. So as for the class, I’ll give the same response you would if someone said to you, hey how about you trying to get better, no thanks.
It never fails that every year an official gets on here and makes a post like this. It never changes a thing. Nothing gets better and in fact I would contend that things have gotten worse based on the comments. So to you officials who make these posts you’re wasting your time. Instead of making posts bashing spectators, law enforcement and school employees, just tell how hard you work and how hard it is to be an official and leave it at that. Now that’s not much of a recruiting strategy, but it has to be your real motive for posting because you have to see like I do that your rants are having zero effect on the problem you complain about year after year after year…
This!
Ok. I need some clarity here. Is D1 the size of your school? If so, where do you work?

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I think as fans we think we have a good view or know better than the officials sometimes which is wrong on our part. We have a personal investment therefor may have jaded perspectives. I do think some checks and balances needs put into place. Something I have seen grow over the past cpl seasons is fouls being called on the wrong player. Twice in one game I saw fouls called on a player that was on the bench and it stood. Saw a put back count as an and one and on the same play the foul was called on a player that hadn’t crossed half court. With three officials on the court, one of the other officials surely noticed those errors. In the case of being on the bench the scorer should have been able to correct the issue. I do agree that officials need to be able to just ignore the crowd. If it gets to a point of fans distracting officials the fan needs to go. If admin doesn’t do anything to the fan, the official has no choice. That said player a and player b have the same rules and the game should be called accordingly. Too many times a player reaction results in having to play by different rules to prevent getting called for every little thing. If the reaction is that negative, T the player up and move on. And just bc a player is the sixth man doesn’t mean he can’t play so dont call the game differently for him than a starter. Lots of times sixth man enters the game and gets called for ticky tack stuff that everyone on the court is doing.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I think as fans we think we have a good view or know better than the officials sometimes which is wrong on our part. We have a personal investment therefor may have jaded perspectives. I do think some checks and balances needs put into place. Something I have seen grow over the past cpl seasons is fouls being called on the wrong player. Twice in one game I saw fouls called on a player that was on the bench and it stood. Saw a put back count as an and one and on the same play the foul was called on a player that hadn’t crossed half court. With three officials on the court, one of the other officials surely noticed those errors. In the case of being on the bench the scorer should have been able to correct the issue. I do agree that officials need to be able to just ignore the crowd. If it gets to a point of fans distracting officials the fan needs to go. If admin doesn’t do anything to the fan, the official has no choice. That said player a and player b have the same rules and the game should be called accordingly. Too many times a player reaction results in having to play by different rules to prevent getting called for every little thing. If the reaction is that negative, T the player up and move on. And just bc a player is the sixth man doesn’t mean he can’t play so dont call the game differently for him than a starter. Lots of times sixth man enters the game and gets called for ticky tack stuff that everyone on the court is doing.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:31 am
*D1* wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:41 am

This!
Ok. I need some clarity here. Is D1 the size of your school? If so, where do you work?
Man I cant wait to hear this one

Return to “Boys Basketball”