12/28 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 12/28 Wheelersburg @ Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

Sorry no updates it would not load on my phone...pretty much all day.

JV took their 1st loss...Burg kids moved ball well. One player was really good but I won’t mention his name. Excellent player though.

Varsity game was tough going. Miller a good guard. Great defensive player. Was out of game more than expected, don’t know if tired or what but very good player. Truitt wasn’t at his best but credit Jackson defense too. I think he ended with 15 with a lot of free throws. He was out after he and Hammond collided in first half. Hammond was woozy and Truitt bump on his temple. McCorkmick a nice player and gave us trouble keeping balls alive. Good big man. Sanderlin played a smart game for a freshman.

Burg played good and hard. I don’t think it’s debatable they were fresher. Jackson has faced 2 real good defenses the last two days.

Jackson gave it all they had. Were up 34-23 and had missed 2 uncontested layups and Burg banked in a 3. When we were running we were tough but we looked meh in the half court set which we were in mostly from that 2:00 of 2nd through the rest of the game.

Burg came out strong in 2nd half and we looked lethargic. Hammond foul trouble (couldn’t have fouled out at Unioto if he tried)...got a couple fouls on the easy end and sat a lot. Others couldn’t quite finish and last night’s 3 point swishes were rimming out. Wallis has 25 with 2 min left in the 3rd....got banged up again and was not the same player the rest of the way. Went 8 min without scoring and couldn’t penetrate.

We fought and tied it up with 15 seconds left. Burg guard dribbled hard into lane with 6 seconds, 2 JI players collapsed on him, ball went out of bounds. Looked like our ball, ref called a foul (it may very well have been but I didn’t see it from my not great angle)...I will say that ref was good all game long. Burg kid made 1 to lead by 1 then we inbound and Wallis looked to be held and ball went to where he couldn’t get it and Burg took it.

With under 30 seconds (may have been the inbound with 15 seconds) Unioto had player on court run OB to get ball and throw in (he was in play going OB) and ref blew whistle, I didn’t think player was OB when caught ball and I thought that was call but ref said our defender stepped OB in defense. I just thought the player was OB first but it was a strange play. I assume it was right call. Crazy ending. Loved the fight from the Ironmen. Tough back to back to say the least.

Wallis went for 30 but not enough help, give a Burg defense credit there too.

Burg a good team...I’d love a rematch but oh well. They played strong enough to win and did.

I would like to know wth the JV refs were doing on the upper level jumping around being crazy???? Very odd.

Good Luck to Burg the rest of the way. Solid team that could be a regional player again.

Jackson must rest, rebound and get ready for Monday vs Minford. Tough run of schedule.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Sounded like a good one

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If Wallis is okay, I don't think the Falcons have the Guard play to stop him. Have seen Minford play 2 times, they are not afraid to shoot the 3. Saw Oak Hill play at Minford, even though the game went to OT, with OH finally winning the game, it wasn't Minford stopping OH throughout the game, I don't believe that I have seen a team have as much trouble finishing at the Rim as many times as what OH did that game. Not trying to demean Minford, just don't think that they can beat Jackson if the Ironmen are at full strength.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, didn't see the Minford - Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:17 pm Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, didn't see the Minford - Jackson.
No worries...I started it after seeing your post on here

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Burg gonna burg, told ya it’d be close

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “Boys Basketball”