Minford vs HuntingtonPrep

npeifer
Freshman Team

Re: Minford vs HuntingtonPrep

Post by npeifer »

Chesapeake wrote:
More73 wrote:Actually mayo started out at south point until 5th grade I believe, then attended rose hill Christian (ky) 6-8 grade, then to college hill 9-11, then his senior year at Huntington high.
This is correct. I live near Huntington and still don't understand this Huntington Prep thing. It wasn't and still isn't even a real school. Last year or so, they joined Huntington St. Joseph which has never had a very good basketball program and the kids go to school there now. Huntington St. Joseph's name was changed to St. Joseph Central and they still aren't very good. I wanna know how one school has two basketball programs? Mayo never played for what is now Huntington St. Joseph Prep, but would have if they were around back then. Starting to think he had a hand in the imaginary school forming though. With the nation's top players wanting to play for Huntington St. Joseph Prep, I believe it's unfair to schedule regular high schools against them. It's more like a college if ya ask me.

While I'm not privy to all the details, here are my thoughts.........You are sort of right in your thinking since they are NOT eligible to play in the West Virginia state high school basketball tournament since they are not a "regular" high school. In my view them combining with St. Joseph allows the kids that play for Hprep to receive a better education through an already well established school while playing a national basketball schedule and honing their obvious skills. If you look at their schedule they play several other "prep" type schools as well as some regular high schools. I would imagine that finding schools to offer them competition is a tough thing to do? Hprep has even played sevral colleges in the past! Just so you know there are numerous other "prep" schools very similar to Hprep around the country it's just that this is the first one near you and they have recently come into prominence. Some of the "prep" schools are for kids AFTER they graduate from high school and BEFORE they go to college even. My sons school South Gallia plays St. Josephs Central Catholic late in the season this year on Feb 8th.

The guys at Hprep do a terrific job and Overall I think it's a very cool thing that the coaches and guys at Hprep have put together such a great program in our area and as a basketball fan I can't imagine anyone feeling any different!

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Meant to ask earlier but were there any scouts in attendance?

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

They played some college teams last year and beat them

Return to “Boys Basketball”