CHESAPEAKE vs PEEBLES

Peake
SEOP

Re: CHESAPEAKE vs PEEBLES

Post by Peake »

You were right tribe, I said 15 and I was wrong, they won by 16.

acfan
Waterboy

Post by acfan »

What in the world was wrong with Peeb tonight? Had a hard time running the floor. I feel bad for the boys.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

peake wrote:You were right tribe, I said 15 and I was wrong, they won by 16.
I was right about what?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Proud of my boys From Peebles, good season.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

This may help with some stats....

http://www.irontontribune.com/2012/03/1 ... -100-wins/

And congrats to Coach Ryan Davis on 100 wins!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

This game went exactly the way it should've. Peake by 15-20. Peebles made a run in Q3...but Peake just too much this year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chesapeake 73
Peebles 56 a final

...the Panthers of Coach Davis started the district final vs Peebles by draining 5/8 three pointers in the opening quarter to put the Indians behind the eight ball out of the gate - the 3 point Panther barrage was led by Javon Thompson's 3 treys flanked by Eric Kennedy/Brandon Noble with one each ... Peake 19 Peebles 11 after one ... Chesapeake never looked back, as Austin McMaster/Noble/Thompson pushed the Peake lead to 14 at the half ... while the Indians were being paced by their 6-6 Big Man in the Middle Jacob Daniels as he owned the paint for PHS hitting for 8 in the 2nd quarter/10 for the first half ... Chesapeake 39 Peebles 25 at the half ... the 3rd was full of action as Peebles worked on it's game plan of getting the ball into the paint to #42 Daniels while Pushing the ball at every opportunity while defensively taking the ball out of Austin McMaster's hands forcing the role players for the Peake to step up ...Peebles in the 3rd forced 6 CHS turnovers to slow down the CHS attack... offensively Peebles DID get the ball into the paint - Daniels didn't disappoint hitting for 9 in the quarter ... Beau Justice provided support from downtown hitting 2 trifectas ... BUT with all of the Peebles movement both offensively and defensively - the scoreboard showed that Chesapeake didn't give up any ground ... Peebles was STILL stuck in the mud as Patrick Hintz clamped down defensively on PHS Mr. Everything Trent Arey - P. Hintz gave up only 4 points to Arey in the first half of action while holding the PHS play maker to "0" for the 3rd ... Chesapeake 55 Peebles 41 after three periods ... Chesapeake balanced scoring in the 4th was good enough to pick up the district final "W" ... difficult to hold down the Panthers for all of the 32 game minutes - Peebles made it's run in the 3rd but when the smoke cleared all was well in Panther land ... this one belonged to Chesapeake from the opening tip Chesapeake 73 Peebles 56 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Peebles ...

Scoring : Jacob Daniels 24, Trent Arey 9, Matt McAdow 6, Beau Justice 6, Josh Chandler 5, Mason Johnson 5, Tyler Gray 2

3 Pointers : 2/11 ... Beau Justice 2

FTs : 7/15

TOs : 21

At the Rim : 22 buckets ...

Transition buckets : 2

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Chesapeake ...

Scoring : Brandon Noble 26, Austin McMaster 19, Javon Thompson 15, Eric Kennedy 7, Patrick Hintz 6

3 Pointers: 8/17 ... CHS first 5 buckets were all made treys ... Javon Thompson 5 , Kennedy 1, Noble 2

FTs : 9/10

TOs : 17

At the Rim : 16

Transition buckets : 9 ... DEFENSE !!!

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

The best team won. Peebles looked physically weak. Do the Indians lift to get bigger and stronger? :122248

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

No doubt Chesapeake is a better team. Peebles lost three Senior starters... D1 Blake Justice, Andy Countryman and Tyler McFarland and 40 to 50 points a game so for this team to make it to the district finals makes Peebles fans very proud. Clearly we know that Chesapeake is state ranked and a great group of boys, beating our young team was not unexpected. I wish the Panthers the best. There is no need to slam kids on here. I really hope the "Mr. Everything" remark was not meant in a derogatory way because Trent leaves "everything" he has on the floor, so I will take that as a compliment. Coach Davis and the boys were very gracious and respectful in their win. Classy kids and it didn't go unnoticed by our kids or fans.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Chieftan - Where in the world would you get "Mr. Everything" to mean ANYTHING ANYWHERE close to being derogatory ??? it was to point out that Trent Arey does it all - can score, plays defense, hustles, rebounds, leaves it all on the floor ... geeeezze ... I suppose when someone is LOOKING to find something "negative" they will usually read it between the lines by interpreting anything/everything how THEY want to read it ... I would venture to say Chieftan - that YOU would be very hard pressed to find a NEGATIVE word posted by me EVER - not sure why you would think I would start now ... your accusation ... never mind ... Congratulations to Peebles on an excellent season and run into the post season ...

slug
Freshman Team

Post by slug »

Well said pfloyd. Wonder why Chieftan is so defensive?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

slug wrote:Well said pfloyd. Wonder why Chieftan is so defensive?
Its hard to interpret online posts sometimes without the benefit of voice inflections...thanks for the post pfloyd.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

pfloyd wrote:... Chieftan - Where in the world would you get "Mr. Everything" to mean ANYTHING ANYWHERE close to being derogatory ??? it was to point out that Trent Arey does it all - can score, plays defense, hustles, rebounds, leaves it all on the floor ... geeeezze ... I suppose when someone is LOOKING to find something "negative" they will usually read it between the lines by interpreting anything/everything how THEY want to read it ... I would venture to say Chieftan - that YOU would be very hard pressed to find a NEGATIVE word posted by me EVER - not sure why you would think I would start now ... your accusation ... never mind ... Congratulations to Peebles on an excellent season and run into the post season ...

pfloyd...I'm very glad to hear that you meant it as a compliment. i do apologize and I said I hoped it wasn't meant in a derogatory way and I would take it as a compliment...I should have known that it wasn't meant as a slam, I've never known you to be negative toward kids. I'm defensive because Trent is my nephew and he is "everything" to me. I misinterpreted the intent of your nickname for Trent. I'm glad that you recognize that he plays hard and that you meant well. I can admit when I'm wrong and I hope you will accept my apology.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Chieftan - apology accepted ... as jchitwood posted it IS difficult to get the true meaning in ONLY the written word ... no harm done on this end ... Trent Arey is an OUTSTANDING basketball player - his improvement on the court can be seen each season he has played ... I only meant that he in fact does and can do it all - as an all around player ... he is MY KIND of ball player - a player who not only can do it himself but makes TEAM better when he is on the floor as well ... looking forward his senior year coming up - he should be something special to watch on the West side of Rte 23 ...

... the committee of one - me - has voted that WE , you (Chieftan) and I , are now friends ... we have survived our first argument :122249

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

pfloyd...so glad to hear that :122245 ... thanks for the compliments regarding Trent. We will really miss Jake but its going to be fun to watch this team next year, kind of surreal that he will be a Senior. Again sorry for the misunderstanding, :-D Happy we are friends :aaaaa51

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Here is an article on the game. Im a huge fan of the Ledger Independent out of Maysville, Kentucky. They do a great job covering high schools sports in the area, even across the river.

http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/ ... 3bd69.html

Return to “Boys Basketball”