DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by ColonelSanders »

Blue33 wrote:Hey colonel sanders...we get it, you hate East. They will be a high seed....Get over it!
Geesh. See if I ever give you a discount on chicken again. I don't hate East, I just don't buy that they are deserving of a 3 seed. They are more than capable to beat any team. I just have trouble justifying that when they lose by 24 on a normal size floor

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles got beat by Lynchburg at Lynchburg 61 -54 in ot. Indians missed free throws at regulation that could have won it. Indians have a much improved North Adams team that has their other big guy back on Friday. Saturday night they play the powerhouse Summit Country Day from Cincinnati. Two more big tests this weekend. One game at a time.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Ironman92 wrote:I've had interest in this sectional since 1999....most of those years SW has been one of the better teams and gets paired up with an SHAC team. This year will fall into that again.

Eastern Pike and Peebles are the top 2 teams....the team most dangerous to those teams IMO is South Webster. I think SW gets the 6 seed.....if Peebles loses any at all watch them fall to the #3

So you think they will get s higher seed then Western?

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Next week Peebles plays Easter Brown(always dangerous), West Union away,Fairfield away and Paint Valley away. They finish up with Ripley away and Lynchburg Clay at home.

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

Rodeo1 wrote:Peebles got beat by Lynchburg at Lynchburg 61 -54 in ot. Indians missed free throws at regulation that could have won it. Indians have a much improved North Adams team that has their other big guy back on Friday. Saturday night they play the powerhouse Summit Country Day from Cincinnati. Two more big tests this weekend. One game at a time.
No. Peebles scored on a driving layup to tie it and send it to OT at the end of regulation.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Ballboy09 wrote:
Rodeo1 wrote:Peebles got beat by Lynchburg at Lynchburg 61 -54 in ot. Indians missed free throws at regulation that could have won it. Indians have a much improved North Adams team that has their other big guy back on Friday. Saturday night they play the powerhouse Summit Country Day from Cincinnati. Two more big tests this weekend. One game at a time.
No. Peebles scored on a driving layup to tie it and send it to OT at the end of regulation.
Yes but before that Gordley and Parrett both missed free throwsthat could have put them ahead on two straight possessions.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Make up game tonight North Adams 54 Fairfield 45

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

A lot of flawed logic in many of these posts.

Can't argue that Clay whipped East the other night. It happened, but in how many games is Akia Brown only going to score 4 points?

Clay also demolished East last year at Clay. They split last season as well. East was down by 12 at halftime at Clay. At East they were down 10. They beat Clay by 24 in the 2nd half at home this season. What's all this mean? It simply means they have split. You're putting way too much stock into 1 game.

East has struggled at Clay for several years. That doesn't get factored into this? Their home court is something that works against them more than it helps them. Over half of their games are always going to be on the road. This essentially same East team won 17 games last season, and made it out of the sectional despite their home court? Did Clay make it out last year?

The East loss was at Webster by what 7 points? With 2 SW kids scoring their career highs? What's that look like on neutral court, and those kids not scoring a combined 25 points over their average?

Western beat SW on neutral floor on short rest a night after battling Clay in a tight game. Who did SW play the night before that game? An exhausting game with...Northwest. SW had the clear advantage going into that game and still lost. Don't tell me that opponents on the first night of a back to back don't matter because they do.

East beats Western at Western and the logic is that Western will win at East? Nope. I believe Western had a player score 40 against East in that game? Is that going to be counted on again?

This sectional will still be settled on the court. When the Tartans make it out again, you can eat some of your crispy crow...er I mean chicken Colonel Sanders.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

I don't think that the logic is flawed at all. No, only one kid scored a career high in the SW game I believe. Look, I was at the SW/Western game. That was the worst game that SW has played all year. So if we are going to talk about Akia Brown only scoring 4 points, then I could say that was the worst game SW has played all year and how often are they going to play that bad. And why are we talking about East and Clay last year. What does last year have to do anything?? Talk about flawed logic. Don't be surprised if East doesn't make it out of the sectional. The only team I could guarantee getting out of the sectional would be Eastern. Anyone else? Good luck picking that!! If I have to eat crow, I have to eat crow. It doesn't bother me one bit. I'm just calling it how I see it. If I'm wrong? Well, it won't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last time I'll be wrong.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:A lot of flawed logic in many of these posts.

Can't argue that Clay whipped East the other night. It happened, but in how many games is Akia Brown only going to score 4 points?

Clay also demolished East last year at Clay. They split last season as well. East was down by 12 at halftime at Clay. At East they were down 10. They beat Clay by 24 in the 2nd half at home this season. What's all this mean? It simply means they have split. You're putting way too much stock into 1 game.

East has struggled at Clay for several years. That doesn't get factored into this? Their home court is something that works against them more than it helps them. Over half of their games are always going to be on the road. This essentially same East team won 17 games last season, and made it out of the sectional despite their home court? Did Clay make it out last year?

The East loss was at Webster by what 7 points? With 2 SW kids scoring their career highs? What's that look like on neutral court, and those kids not scoring a combined 25 points over their average?

Western beat SW on neutral floor on short rest a night after battling Clay in a tight game. Who did SW play the night before that game? An exhausting game with...Northwest. SW had the clear advantage going into that game and still lost. Don't tell me that opponents on the first night of a back to back don't matter because they do.

East beats Western at Western and the logic is that Western will win at East? Nope. I believe Western had a player score 40 against East in that game? Is that going to be counted on again?

This sectional will still be settled on the court. When the Tartans make it out again, you can eat some of your crispy crow...er I mean chicken Colonel Sanders.
South Webster didn't have 2 players score a career high, there's "flawed logic" in that. Zimmerman did have a career high of 39, but he's been in the 30's several times and averages around 25 a night. Doesn't seem too drastic for me. I don't even know who you're thinking was way over their career high after that as a few players were all around 8-10 points, which is near their averages.

The game was on the verge of a blowout until Akia Brown scored nearly 20 in the second half alone. As you stated previously concerning SW, imagine how bad that game gets if Akia didn't score 20 in the second half. Would have been a complete blowout. The "if's" work both ways.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Look, I know Western isn't the best team around, but you are making them sound like they are nothing compared to Webster. If Webster played their worst game against Western, how do you know that it wasn't because of the game plan Western had. Western obviously had something to do with how Webster played. Western isn't the best offensively, so they rely heavily on their defense. They are giving up less than 55 points a game. With teams like Clay, East, Eastern, and Notre Dame in their league that is pretty good. Since Western has beat Webster they haven't given up more 52 points in a game, and the Webster game was in double overtime. I know you gave Western some credit above in this thread, but if Webster played their worst game of the year against them, then Western had something to do with that.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

I'm not saying that. But, SW shot something like 18% in the first half. And they had many wide open looks. I can't give Western credit for wide open missed shots. SW missed a ton of shots inside too. Western is good. And they are a good defensive team. But SW did not play very well at all. Some of it had to do with Western's D, but majority of it was not. Trust me, I watch a lot of SOC II teams play. Quit getting all defensive about Western. I like Western. I like what they bring to the table. Kyle Miller has been a blessing to that program in just 2 years. They are good. Just simply stating that SW played poorly. I understand your biased opinion on Western. That's fine, I get it. I'm just an outsider looking in.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

All this about SW will be settled Saturday when they play Clay. As far as Western, they can beat any of the top SOC teams on any given night. Tied with Eastern 30-30 going into 4th, Lost by last second shot against Clay and East, and took ND to the wire as well. Eastern will be the 1 seed after that its up for grabs.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:All this about SW will be settled Saturday when they play Clay. As far as Western, they can beat any of the top SOC teams on any given night. Tied with Eastern 30-30 going into 4th, Lost by last second shot against Clay and East, and took ND to the wire as well. Eastern will be the 1 seed after that its up for grabs.
How will it be settled? You were mentioning earlier how important records are. Even if South Webster does beat Clay, will they be seeded above them although they'll have a losing record?

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

It will prove if SW deserves a higher seed. Even if they beat Clay, I don't see SW getting past the 6 seed because of their RECORD. I just think with all this talk about how SW deserves a higher seed because of who they play Saturday will show.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:It will prove if SW deserves a higher seed. Even if they beat Clay, I don't see SW getting past the 6 seed because of their RECORD. I just think with all this talk about how SW deserves a higher seed because of who they play Saturday will show.
Clay is a very good Division 4 team, no doubt about that. South Webster could beat them, or lose by 15+. Who knows! But if they DO beat Clay then they have made their argument they deserve a higher seed. If they beat Clay AND East and beat all other D4 teams other than losing to Western in 2OT, then their case is made.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Yes I agree, that's why I said Saturday will settle a lot.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

bottom line is if you want to advance you have to win..it doesn't matter who is seeded where...if clay or whichever team is as good as we think then they will move on...all the court,score,league comparisons are not relaxant. it will boil down to whos hot on that night, any team can beat any team on any giving night. and to count east out like they dont have the most dangerous players in the sectional is completely crazy. yes they play better at home(who doesn't)....basketball is a very weird sport, do you really think GS Warriors are really 30 points better than CLEVELAND AND SPURS? but GS LOSES TO THE BUCKS LOL thats just how the games go.....tournament time its 1 and done, dont bet your life savings

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

they're kids/human so they'll have off nights to all the perfect ones lol

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

asb wrote:bottom line is if you want to advance you have to win..it doesn't matter who is seeded where...if clay or whichever team is as good as we think then they will move on...all the court,score,league comparisons are not relaxant. it will boil down to whos hot on that night, any team can beat any team on any giving night. and to count east out like they dont have the most dangerous players in the sectional is completely crazy. yes they play better at home(who doesn't)....basketball is a very weird sport, do you really think GS Warriors are really 30 points better than CLEVELAND AND SPURS? but GS LOSES TO THE BUCKS LOL thats just how the games go.....tournament time its 1 and done, dont bet your life savings

Just roll the ball out and play!

Return to “Boys Basketball”