Belpre (1-2) @ Meigs 12/7

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

thanks red. just to make you feel better you're the first outsider to be understanding about what is going on. you seem like a good guy. i did not mean to say anything bad to you. if i did i'm sorry. i get real defensive about the kids.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

beleagle do me a favor read the threads concerning ewing then write to me and tell exactly what is ewing trying to do?maybe you're right and we are too close to see it.
humiliating the players during games and refusing to take any share blame for the losses. this helps the kids?
excluding the parents from even talking to their kids about anything happening during the games. this helps the kids?
publicly feuding on this site with meigs fans( right sportyspice). this helps the kids?
a coach must win the parents and the kids. it isn't all about wins and losses. it's also about making a boy into a man and sharing the job with parents. parents will forgive alot if they think you care about their kids. and at the same time if you don't care they won't no matter how much you win.if you as a coach cannot deal with parents then you are in the wrong job because it's all about the public.99% people skills 1% knowledge. ask any coachparents are a pain but they are the people who buy your tickets supply you with kids and can make or break you.
if you're a coach, you know that ;-)

spaceball1
Waterboy

Post by spaceball1 »

Regulator wrote:Stockykid and pantless30: you are exactly what is wrong with society and sports today. You love to point fingers. Maybe you need to apply next year. No, you won't do that, you will only complain and whine and hope someone listens. If you don't like it, then quit coming. Go watch Southern or Eastern play.

It is hard to watch another team when your boyfriend plays for meigs, right pantless30? :lol:
Stockykid, maybe you should stick to golf..... :lol:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I bet the Meigs coaches get a real laugh out of reading some of the really stupid nadless remarks on here. :roll:

sportyspice
Waterboy

Post by sportyspice »

It is hard to win with 20+ turnovers and bad foul shooting. Well not in the game hurt them too, (It appeared he got himself into a little trouble with the coaches). With a little more mental toughness, this team is going to pull out some good wins. Hopefully, they can do it this weekend!

Stockykid, I know you will have something to say, so I am looking forward to hearing how you blame the coaches for turnovers and missed foul shots! ;-)

sportyspice
Waterboy

Post by sportyspice »

Stockykid wrote:
"publicly feuding on this site with meigs fans( right sportyspice). this helps the kids?"

Stockykid, don't start that again, I am not the coach. You are oversestimating your influence. I figure the coach doesn't give a crap what you say. However, your dilusional whining annoys me! ;-)

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

sporty spice it hurts to say but you're right on most counts. the kids do need to get tougher mentally. jacob not being in the game hurt us scoring and wore down both eric and clay. until that happened we where in the game. i wish you where the coach they're teams in the tvc who do not want meigs to get better ans people on here who just want to cause trouble. they are not even living in meigs. is it the coaches fault the missed ft and had to's? i think that blame goes on the team AND the coach. BUT the coach and the kids IS the team and so are the fans.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Coaches coach....
Players play....
and fans move hot air around :!: :!: :!: ;-)

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

when sportyspice and stocky agree look out anything is possible. those 2 have been at it for months. i am glad that common ground can be found.
all loses aren't the coaches fault or the players fault.let's move on to friday and alexander and hope the coaches and the kids and the fans the best

belpre you won and played good ball
meigs, well i thought you tried your best, we'll get us a spartan instead.

sportyspice
Waterboy

Post by sportyspice »

fasteach is right. This does seem odd! Good post, stockykid! With 2 wins this weekend, our team, coaches and fans will be feeling much better!!!! GO MARAUDERS! :-D

son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

Meigs is 0-3. Before the season started I would have predicted Meigs would be...0-3. Once again, Meigs was 6-36 over the past two seasons and 0-20 in the TVC. Some people need to relax. Ewing and team will be fine. I think some people who do not know much about basketball, particulary Meigs basketball, had very unrealistic expecations going into this season. As someone who has followed Meigs basketball a long time, I can tell you that going into the season I saw this team finishing 8-13 at best, regardless of who coached.

Stockykid I enjoyed your quote " a coach must win the parents and the kids.

That is the problem at Meigs. Parents have too much influence, especially those who have friends or relatives in postions of power. Meigs coaches try to keep everyone happy and keep their jobs rather than trying to "win the game." That type of thinking is why Meigs never wins championships in football or basketball.

Stockykid also said "if you as a coach cannot deal with parents then you are in the wrong job because it's all about the public.99% people skills 1% knowledge"

Also the problem at Meigs. We have coaches who are good politicians but have a limited knowledge base in their sport. As a result, we don't win championships or beat teams with above .500 records.

Is is too much to ask to have a coach who has a brilliant basktball mind and is a "class act" (which is a much used phrase) in dealing with the public. I am willing to give coach Ewing more than three games to draw a conclusion.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

son of the south;
yeh it's probably too much to ask for that here. i think the football program is in good hands if we would have had neutral refs at nelsonville... well we have already argued that one.
as for our basketball program; i believe coach ewing WILL figure out the kids and their abilities soon and then the talent WILL show. both his and theirs.
as for the parents; they will too. the parents need to trust the coach more, the kids need to know the coach trusts the parents. one feeds off another.
i warn the tvc, you better get us now because soon it's going to be too late.
i want to p.s. this just so everybody understands, i think the basketball program is in good hands too.
and don't forget grimm either :lol:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

"i think the football program is in good hands if we would have had neutral refs at nelsonville... "

Nelsonville was just 1 loss......what about the other 3? Meigs had too much talent to barely finish over .500 (6-4).

son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

fasteach, good point in bringing up Grimm. He has won 2 TVC championships in three seasons.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

but frozen rope we win in nelsonville and we win the tvc, we go to the playoffs, and ohio state wins the national championship oh wait too far...
i'm just showing that yes, meigs teams DO compete in the tvc and the area in general in all sports. the talent is here.
grimm gets it out, chancey gets it out, and ( i'm hoping!) ewing gets it out.and when he does, and i believe it will be this year, look out because they are good and talented.
another p.s. we won at golf, girls basketball( yeh coach wolfe!), and volleyball.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

ya meigs football had 4 losses....but it not like they got killed......they lost two of those 4 games by a combine (wat was it like 4 or 5 points).......back to basketball........ u no how hard it is to turn a program in around in 3 games .let alound 2 years (abbott)........ ur not going to go from 5 wins to and 1 loss season.....it takes time......i dont believe they gave abbott enough time....they were workin there way up on wins......i mean think i about how hard it is for the players to get use to all these different coaches......for sum of the seniors this could be there 3rd basketball coach in 4 years.....also......agree wit fasteach.....cant leave coach grimm and the baseball program out....wat about the other program.....golf has won the TVC the last 3 years...

bevo12
Waterboy

Post by bevo12 »

FrozenRope9 wrote:"i think the football program is in good hands if we would have had neutral refs at nelsonville... "

Nelsonville was just 1 loss......what about the other 3? Meigs had too much talent to barely finish over .500 (6-4).

True... Meigs does have talent...however, they are talented individuals, last time i checked football was a team sport. When your individuals have talent but don't play as a team you can expect things like this to happen.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if we won at every sport they would have to change the name to boston (and not like nelsonville where only the football field is named boston) haha. take that mr. sharp!!!!!!! :lol:
keep the faith we will win at basketball abbott thought so, ewing thinks so, the kids think so and the parents think so. faith is believing when every other thought tells you different.
if sportyspice and stocky can agree to anything and santa is 2 weeks away then we can do a little thing like win one basketball game.
didn't the huskers beat south bend?

sportyspice
Waterboy

Post by sportyspice »

Fasteach, I think U R right, the stars must be aligning! :lol:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

fasteach....I don't think the Marauders would have made it to the playoffs even with a win over NY.

marauder2010....I agree, all the football losses were close, but unfortunately it still goes in the record book as an "L" and margin of loss or victory does not matter. I still just think there was too much talent for that team to lose 4 games.

Return to “Boys Basketball”