D3 Scores and Updates 2022

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: Division lll SE district

Post by soggybottomtopper »

JWICK24 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:32 pm
soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:14 pm
JWICK24 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:44 pm

Alexander 7 spots behind a meigs team they beat on the road, and has wins over VC and Jackson?
No question good wins and a very good win on the road. 3 wins that are stable for your resume'. But, the 8 losses concern me more. As I said, move Meigs 5 spots down and I am fine with it. But, you can't pick and choose which wins matter and not talk about 8 losses too. Just my opinion.
Well then let’s talk about Ironton 8 losses, North Adams 9 losses, SP loss like 6 in a row at one point I believe, Portsmouth 8 losses, Burg has 9 losses, and PWest has like 12 losses. The losses do matter, when the losses happen also matter. Teams get better as the season go on. Just curious how you can have Meigs 10-6 best win Athens?, 7 spots higher than Alex 10-8 that has a
Head to head win on the road as well as wins recently over VC/Jackson. Seems like you give the river teams a pass on their losses.
Good arguments. Move them down. I can honestly say I have not got to see them this season. I was looking at power rankings and gaging them. My bad. But, I could care less where they play. Good basketball is good basketball. Trust me when I say I have zero influence on anything seeding wise, so my list is meaningless. But it is fun to argue the points. I love this time of year. I am neither an Alex or Meigs fan, so no bias either way. Continue to keep me in check. LOL

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:35 pm Have you seen NA play? I know they have one really good player in Copas, just wondering what else they have? I saw where Portsmouth beat them this week.
I was fortunate enough to see them against Eastern Brown. A very competitive, well played game. Granted, they both know each other well, so both were prepared. NA can go cold from the floor because they are perimeter oriented, I think that is what happened in that Portsmouth matchup and Portsmouth is pretty good when they are on. They also lost to Fairland. I think they may have beaten South Point. Copas is a knock down shooter and can score 30 on anyone. They have kids like Anderson, Buttleworth I think and Rothwell that can knock it down, but can also go cold. But, Copas rings the bell every night. They have played a nice schedule and lost their share, but A game against A game, it will be interesting. All teams have off nights, just depends who and where you are playing. One night a team looks unbeatable and the next can look awful. Just how it is. There will be at least one shocker and more than one head scratcher, but it is going to be fun!

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:28 pm Meigs just lost by 15 to a 4-win Athens team. Come on SBT, you’re better than that.
This is Martin RPI. But, I may have Meigs overrated as well. Move them down. It won't hurt my feelings.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Some good and logical posts on this thread

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

MattyIce wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:37 am
socsportsfan1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:50 pm Ironton, who is sub.500 at the #6? That is laughable. Having one really good win (Fairland) does not give you that much of a bump. What about the bad losses? They were down 25 to Wheelersburg less than 2 weeks ago before the Pirates pulled their starters. Wheelersburg has 3 more wins than the Tigers and you have them at #9. MattyIce, why wouldn't Minford be the top seed? They have the best record of all these teams and they have the best win (Waverly) of any team in the bracket.
Ironton is 8-8 with solid wins over Fairland, Gallia, and South Point. They have tough losses to Elliot Co, Ky, Boyd Co, Ky, and Russell Ky. Their schedule is as tough as any in this Sectional. Minford lost to Div IV Valley and Webster with one solid win over Waverly, early in the year. Hopefully this debate gets settled on the court. It’s almost tourney time.
To your point, I just saw that Ironton knocked off Portsmouth tonight. Another good win for the Tigers. It won't go on the resume', but still.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

: :roll: Minford
Fairland
Eastern Brown
Zane trace
Ironton 8th seed
9th South Point
Peake 7th
Portsmouth 13th

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

From Central District- #1 Seed Columbus Africentric and #2 Seed Columbus Ready in bracket to Ohio University Regional. Central Winner plays the Southeast #2 Winner in the Regional Semi-Finals.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Seedlings are out: go to SEODAB

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

dragons1234
Waterboy

Post by dragons1234 »

seeding:

1. MINFORD
2. FAIRLAND
3. EASTERN BROWN
4. ZANE TRACE
5. PEAKE
6. SOUTH POINT
7. ALEXANDER
8. BURG
9. PIKETON
10. WESTFALL
11. PORTSMOUTH
12. IRONTON
13. MEIGS
14. NORTH ADAMS
15. WEST
16. WELLSTON

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Well I ll be damned looks like a play off game in Portsmouth.....Scioto Ribber will be hopping 😀

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Westfall vs Lynchburg Clay

They’ll be playing for the Matt Carson Trophy, winner has to pick it up at Fairfield High School

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:09 pm Westfall vs Lynchburg Clay

They’ll be playing for the Matt Carson Trophy, winner has to pick it up at Fairfield High School
I laughed

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth didn't have a good outing vs. Ironton on Saturday, but even with that the Trojans have proven that they have some quality wins on the road. PHS has won at South Point, Gallia Academy, and Wheelersburg. Portsmouth did get a winnable draw through the sectional but must show more consistently good play if they are to advance to the district. The Trojans play pretty much like their record shows.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

trojandave wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:37 pm Portsmouth didn't have a good outing vs. Ironton on Saturday, but even with that the Trojans have proven that they have some quality wins on the road. PHS has won at South Point, Gallia Academy, and Wheelersburg. Portsmouth did get a winnable draw through the sectional but must show more consistently good play if they are to advance to the district. The Trojans play pretty much like their record shows.
I think you are spot on with this statement, not just for Portsmouth, but with probably 3/4 of this district. Who can play consistent basketball will go a long way to deciding it. I look for a wide open bracket, just because outside of a handful of teams, you will never be sure what team is going to show up on any given night. But, it is going to be fun!

Dashy
Waterboy

Post by Dashy »

Minford has a breeze to the district finals. I expect this team to atleast make the elite 8 as they are up there with the best of the best when playing to their full potential.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Minford vs Zane Trace in district final. Heard it here

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Svcguru wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:01 pm Minford vs Zane Trace in district final. Heard it here
Pretty easy to hear

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:12 pm
Svcguru wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:01 pm Minford vs Zane Trace in district final. Heard it here
Pretty easy to hear
Wow. That is a bold prediction. Consider both have serious cakewalks to that point.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I’m going to predict Fairland and Eastern Brown as the Cinderella’s on the other side!

Return to “Boys Basketball”