#2 Trimble vs #7 Peebles - March 3rd

Rutter lover
JV Team

Re: #2 Trimble vs #7 Peebles - March 3rd

Post by Rutter lover »

Peebles is a very good team but the Tomcats were just too much to handle tonight.!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:16 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 pm Congrats Tomcats. Great last 2 minutes. Good luck going forward. My Indians and Coach Arey will be reloading for next year.. That game featured Two great coaches. Either should have been coach if the year.
Peebles is always tough to beat. Great team
Thanks. Mills ,Burba and McCoy getting in foul trouble in the 3rd Quarter really hurt the defense. Mills is automatic from the foul line and usually plays great defense in the fourth quarters. 4 fouls took his game away. McCoy fouling out also hurt our full court pressure. This was I think #12 willobys 5 the game of the season with very little practice .Coach Arey went deep in the bench to get minutes for Mills and Burba in the 3rd quarter. I knew we were in trouble in the fourth when Trimble had 3 fouls and 4 to give. Hats off to Trimble on a great game.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:51 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:41 pm Congrats Tomcats. Great last 2 minutes. Good luck going forward. My Indians and Coach Arey will be reloading for next year.. That game featured Two great coaches. Either should have been coach if the year.
Be careful on the return trip home and we will see you next year at The Convo.
Home safe and sound. Same to you. You do awesome writeups following these contests. Here's to hoping for a convo date next year if we are lucky enough to get there. I believe in Coach Arey. He will have the Indians ready. Early in the year coach talked about how the kids at first glance looked like they may be able to dance but; their footwork wasn't quite there. As the year went by with coaches wisdom and teaching these kids started learning some moves. They were getting ready for the prom and had some wonderful dates. Tonight was their last dance for this year,but; not the last dance of their lives. Coaches and the great game of basketball taught them some great life lessons. Safe travels one and all.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:11 pm Only 81 tickets available to Peebles for this tilt. Peebles is used to bringing 5 to 7 hundred to a district game,haha! Hope it is on some kind of live stream at the very least.
Were you at the game Hoopie? I was able to get a ticket and it sure looked like there were more than 81 Peebles fans. Great game to watch as a neutral fan, it looked like the physicality of Trimble got the best of Peebles late in the game. Two well coached basketball teams. Good luck in the future!
Thx 84. Great game to watch. Good luck Trimble.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Thanks. These are two of the better coaches in the southeast in my opinion. They seem to reload each year. That is what great coaches do. Especially in small school districts like Peebles and Trimble. We were 4 time back to back sectional champs. I believe Trimble was the same. That speaks well of these programs. Safe travels Raider.

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:49 pm
Thanks. Mills ,Burba and McCoy getting in foul trouble in the 3rd Quarter really hurt the defense. Mills is automatic from the foul line and usually plays great defense in the fourth quarters. 4 fouls took his game away. McCoy fouling out also hurt our full court pressure. This was I think #12 willobys 5 the game of the season with very little practice .Coach Arey went deep in the bench to get minutes for Mills and Burba in the 3rd quarter. I knew we were in trouble in the fourth when Trimble had 3 fouls and 4 to give. Hats off to Trimble on a great game.
Willoughby played in 12 games. He had to miss 3 I believe because of quarantine. Didn't get in to a couple of games. Played a nice game at Trimble.

That was a tough one to lose. Still haven't wrapped my mind around how we let that one slip away. Still super proud of our team and how they handled adversity through this season. A lot of life lessons learned this year. Life isn't easy or always fun and what we want but we have to learn to roll on!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

goindians42 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:47 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:49 pm

Willoughby played in 12 games. He had to miss 3 I believe because of quarantine. Didn't get in to a couple of games. Played a nice game at Trimble.

That was a tough one to lose. Still haven't wrapped my mind around how we let that one slip away. Still super proud of our team and how they handled adversity through this season. A lot of life lessons learned this year. Life isn't easy or always fun and what we want but we have to learn to roll on!
Thx 42. I will miss Oakley and the seniors. Scrappy bunch.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Trimble

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Boys Basketball”