Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

osumufan
SE

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

Post by osumufan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:26 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:22 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:03 pm Looks good as usual Pfloyd.By the way, those shirts would be a great way for a scholarship from the seops faithfull. Chosen by the board.haha! The Pfloyd Tour 2018/2019

Also I believe North Adams has 3 losses after the nail biter at Eastern this weekend.
That's a good idea.
Maybe a yearly thing.I might suggest a scolorship to a tough luck kid. Maybe someone who was having a great season and injuries or illness took the dreams away.That would be easier to pick.
I'll go ahead and nominate Taysean Fox from South Point. I'll pm details

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Oh yeah, duh.
I got Western Brown and Westfall confused.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 am Oh yeah, duh.
I got Western Brown and Westfall confused.
About a 70 mile boo boo

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So we are dumping Eastern Brown, North Adams, Lynchburg-Clay, Whiteoak
Adding Fort Frye, Berne Union, Amanda and Morgan?

lol

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great job as always pfloyd. Only team that jumped out at me was Franklin Furnace Green. They have wins over Coal Grove and South Webster on their resume and almost beat Beaver Eastern last Friday night (lost by 2pts). Most of their losses occurred when guard Tanner Kimbler was out due to injury...since he came back, they are playing great basketball. Green is right there with Coal Grove, South Webster, New Boston, and Trimble as the best D4 teams in the District and could very easily see them ending up in Regionals.*

Waverly69
Waterboy

Post by Waverly69 »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:36 am Great job as always pfloyd. Only team that jumped out at me was Franklin Furnace Green. They have wins over Coal Grove and South Webster on their resume and almost beat Beaver Eastern last Friday night (lost by 2pts). Most of their losses occurred when guard Tanner Kimbler was out due to injury...since he came back, they are playing great basketball. Green is right there with Coal Grove, South Webster, New Boston, and Trimble as the best D4 teams in the District and could very easily see them ending up in Regionals.*
Eastern beat green by 5 not 2

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Waverly69 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:28 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:36 am Great job as always pfloyd. Only team that jumped out at me was Franklin Furnace Green. They have wins over Coal Grove and South Webster on their resume and almost beat Beaver Eastern last Friday night (lost by 2pts). Most of their losses occurred when guard Tanner Kimbler was out due to injury...since he came back, they are playing great basketball. Green is right there with Coal Grove, South Webster, New Boston, and Trimble as the best D4 teams in the District and could very easily see them ending up in Regionals.*
Eastern beat green by 5 not 2
Eastern won by 4 lol
52-48

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Unbiased wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:13 pm Great list PFloyd! I am happy to see that the Dragons have finally snuck into the top 8. The OVC overall is looking to represent strongly. My only question is, in the Fairland/Jackson and Coal Grove/ Ironton ties. How do Coal Grove and Fairland not get that spot alone by winning the only head to head matchups?
... in my little mind/world ... listing Fairland first /Jackson puts them ahead in the rankings ... same with Coal Grove first/Ironton second ... THIS seemingly "little" placement DOES count as we go from week to week ...

kb926712
Waterboy

Post by kb926712 »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:08 am
93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:59 am
pfloyd wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:43 pm

... nothing to be sorry about ... Fort Frye is like right next to Waterford BUT FF is East District and Waterford is SE District ...
Logan is Central District ...

That is all

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Also Chillicothe...
Chillicothe and Logan are both SE District but since they are the only 2 they are reassigned to the Central District. The same happens in other sports.

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Wheelersburg is the only undefeated team on the list and a very good team with the best player in the south east district , it's an insult that they aren't number one but I understand it is a popularity poll

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Pinky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:24 pm Wheelersburg is the only undefeated team on the list and a very good team with the best player in the south east district , it's an insult that they aren't number one but I understand it is a popularity poll
Sorry, but they wouldn’t beat Pickerington North, let alone beat them by 23.

Wheelersburg is really good, but not better than Logan.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pinky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:24 pm Wheelersburg is the only undefeated team on the list and a very good team with the best player in the south east district , it's an insult that they aren't number one but I understand it is a popularity poll
Prayers

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

LOL dont need your prayers for high 🏫 sports but yeah , Burg would definitely be able to take Logan down

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Pinky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm LOL dont need your prayers for high 🏫 sports but yeah , Burg would definitely be able to take Logan down
Troll

Post by Pinky »

Why do you have a right to judge my opinion?

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

I made a post like everyone else ,I truly believe wheelersburg can beat Logan and you act like I committed a crimes???

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:38 pm
Pinky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm LOL dont need your prayers for high 🏫 sports but yeah , Burg would definitely be able to take Logan down
Troll
And you are a staff member? What happened to not calling people names that I read on the rules page?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Pinky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 pm Why do you have a right to judge my opinion?
I don't think anyone is judging what you're saying. You're acting like what you're saying is a fact or truth, rather than an opinion. And, what you're saying is just that, an opinion.

Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 pm
Pinky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 pm Why do you have a right to judge my opinion?
I don't think anyone is judging what you're saying. You're acting like what you're saying is a fact or truth, rather than an opinion. And, what you're saying is just that, an opinion.

I respect what you are saying ,I just said they would be able to meaning it is possible ,at least you aren't calling me names .

I'm out ,just my opinions

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pinky wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:49 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 pm

I respect what you are saying ,I just said they would be able to meaning it is possible ,at least you aren't calling me names .

I'm out ,just my opinions
It’s high school. I watched Hillsboro beat Jackson by 9...I watched Jackson take Burg to OT. Kids have a big range.

Burg is great. I honestly would pick Logan to beat them probably 7 or 8 out of 10x...I have nothing to back it up. I think Logan is the best team and have played a very difficult schedule. I think they may stroll in Chillicothe tomorrow night and leave with a loss. I kinda think Wheelersburg would match up better with Logan than Chillicothe. I think Burg/Chilly/Logan are 3 best teams without argument. We aren’t going to ever know who is better. I wish they all played...but they don’t. I think Logan is a little better coached and Chillicothe the tougher matchup...Holden best player with highest ceiling but Bo Myers is incredible too. Chillicothe with 6’8 Noel and 6’5 Maughmer....tough.

Best of Luck to Burg the rest of the way.

Return to “Boys Basketball”