Who will be the next Coach ay Wheelersburg?

Jeepoholic
Riding the Bench

Re: Who will be the next Coach ay Wheelersburg?

Post by Jeepoholic »

I agree with Ater_Vandelay, Burg is getting a great coach. He has done well with South Webster the past four years.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

I think he could see the writing on the wall over the next 5 coming years at Webster, although average talent in Burg as well.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

I think he could see the writing on the wall over the next 5 coming years at Webster, although average talent in Burg as well.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Burg20051
Waterboy

Post by Burg20051 »

Good coach, expect great things from him.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

What u mean writing on wall next 5 years? Webster 8th grade class very talented and even beat burg in tournament I believe

They probly take hits next yr or two but it'll be a quick turn around as it always is

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

He just had a meeting with the boys, open gym is on Friday @ 11:00am. Good luck Coach Ater.......

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Welcome aboard coach Ater, I cant wait to see what you can do with my Pirates.

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

I think everyone will be watching jolly nuts to see what he can do

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Welcome aboard coach Ater, I cant wait to see what you can do with my Pirates.
So excited for this new era of pirate ball! They should go ahead and start buying the blank banners in bulk because they're going to need them! A close friend who's son plays said there may have been some guarantees already thrown out. Love the confidence from the new man in charge, it's contagious.... Wait, cough cough... Yep that's right I'm getting a little bit of that Ater Fever comin on! Already can't wait for December, go burg!

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

I don't think I would get too crazy burnt pirate. Banners will come with a lot of hard work, not sure burg kids are in favor of hard work, not too many kids are these days. Kids are soft and too many parents dont understand

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

WKKJ is reporting that Eaton is leaving Greenfield because he got the Wheelersburg job.

McClain Loses Boys Basketball Coach
Brent Eaton returns to his roots at Wheelersburg as their new head coach

Read more: http://www.wkkj.com/pages/localsports.h ... z2W45w1ACM

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

playtowin wrote:WKKJ is reporting that Eaton is leaving Greenfield because he got the Wheelersburg job.

McClain Loses Boys Basketball Coach
Brent Eaton returns to his roots at Wheelersburg as their new head coach

Read more: http://www.wkkj.com/pages/localsports.h ... z2W45w1ACM
The way I understand it, Brent has been hired at Wheelersburg, but not as the head basketball coach.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Mr eaton was hired by the burg school system, I beleive his wife was also hired.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Crab's brother wrote:The way I understand it, Brent has been hired at Wheelersburg, but not as the head basketball coach.
That's what the article says....looks like it was previously reported otherwise and was then corrected.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Is the pay different from SW to Burg? Is the talent that much of a draw? Not sure why Ater would make what appears to be a lateral move to another SOC school that he doesn't have ties to.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

KingoftheGame wrote: by KingoftheGame » June 13th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Is the pay different from SW to Burg? Is the talent that much of a draw? Not sure why Ater would make what appears to be a lateral move to another SOC school that he doesn't have ties to.
Its the BURG! enough said! just got word the boys went 3-0 at Marshall today!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

KingoftheGame wrote:Is the pay different from SW to Burg? Is the talent that much of a draw? Not sure why Ater would make what appears to be a lateral move to another SOC school that he doesn't have ties to.
lateral move ?? what are you smoking ?

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

then what wrote:
KingoftheGame wrote: by KingoftheGame » June 13th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Its the BURG! enough said! just got word the boys went 3-0 at Marshall today!
See, I told you guys... Get the banners ready. If you're already drilling people in the summer then watch out!! I mean my goodness they're beating college teams, I know Marshall has been down but that's still quite an accomplishment. The SOC 2 should be scared of the storm that's about to hit pirate drive come December. Good work coach and players, keep it up. Anyone have stats from these shoutouts/scrimmages?

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

The Marshall shootout consisted of High school teams from West Virgina, KY and Ohio. I know Henderson County was one of the teams they beat but not sure who else they beat. Coach Ater is a great fit for the burg. Seems like the baseball,Football,and now Ater is made of the same cloth young, knowledgeable, and have great integrity. Great job by the administration and Board for these great hires. With sons coming through the system its nice to know they have such great men leading these programs! Looking forward to the next five years and beyond. The domination of the 80's and 90's will be back at the burg in all these sports!

Return to “Boys Basketball”