TVC PREVIEW Week Two

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

stockykid wrote:i have now come to the conclusion meigs will not win a game. they are terrible. i heard that the coach blames the refs for the loss, but clearly the players just do not have a clue what they are doing without cory hutton we would have lost by 50. i bet that a good coach could have picked 5 kids out of the crowd and done as good a game. sad to watch such displays of total ineptitude.

If you know so much you should put in for the coaching job next year. I'm not from Meigs but your same ole sorry posts are getting really old. There are already no Meigs threads allowed. How far are you going to take your personal little tiff that you have with the Meigs coaching staff :?: Way to support the team :!: I think a moderator should kick you off this site :!:

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

i am not saying these things happily. i am sad beyond words. i just don't know. bass master if i could fix it i would. i have no idea how. are you following me to argue? that seems to be a violation of the rules.

son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

Stockykid, Meigs has been as bad the last two seasons as they have been this year. Ewing had nothing to to with that. Time to put your personal vendettas aside and support the team and coaches. Why did Meigs' posts get banned?

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Does the Tollar kid still play for Meigs?

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

stockykid wrote:i am not saying these things happily. i am sad beyond words. i just don't know. bass master if i could fix it i would. i have no idea how. are you following me to argue? that seems to be a violation of the rules.

I know both coaches and a few of the players and I am sure that they don't appreciate your continuous negative posts against the coaches and the team. I think if you really cared about the success of the program at Meigs you would either not post at all or make your posts more positive. It's probably going to take more than one season to turn that program around. I posted it before and I'll do it again....

Coaches coach....
Players play....
and some fans just blow around hot air :!: ;-)

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

cpt jack at this time i don't believe they can beat anybody. it's the saddest basketball to watch ever. i did not even mention the coaches. yeah the boe keeps hiring a new one who puts in a new system,except the players who are there are built around the old one so the new system doesn't work and they get worse.
those of you out there that think they where at least this bad last year? they wheren't. we aren't just losing we are being killed every night. we are beyond blaming anyone including bloggers

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Good luck to the Marauders :!: Keep your heads up, work hard, and the wins will come :!:

son_ofthe_south
Waterboy

Post by son_ofthe_south »

Stockykid said
"yeah the boe keeps hiring a new one who puts in a new system, except the players who are there are built around the old one so the new system doesn't work and they get worse."

That is not true. Abbott moved up from J.V. to Varsity after Wolfe made the switch to Girls. The players didn't have to learn a new system or adjust to a new coach.

If you go back to last season, Meigs played worse later in the season than in the beginning. They lost Lost @Wahama by one point then lost by 20 @home. Lost by 16 @Wellston then lost @home by 10 when Wellston had 3 players out, two of which were starters. The team didn't show much improvement over the course of the season.

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

Meigs lost to Southern tonight by about 5

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I don't have a clue who stockykid is but I will say that he IS NOT (and I am 100% sure of this) the Meigs golf coach. I was previously given bad information that's who it was and I made bad judgement in suggesting this on this site. I personally talked to the golf coach this evening and he was not even aware of this site, let alone anything about the basketball coach. I appologize to him as well as to stockykid (whomever he or she may be).
As I have previously stated numerous times on all of these forums, I love Meigs and I want the best for them in EVERYTHING (academics and athletics alike). My only hope is that everyone can pull together, support both the team AND the coach and put together and good and respectable season.
Good Luck Marauders!
Last edited by JoeGatto on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

bass master i checked with river rat about you claim of disallowing meigs threads. he doesn't know anything about it. so you need to make sure of your facts. son of the south, i was a big fan of abbott. i thought the team as moving in the right direction but, i really thought he cared for the kids. which to me was more important. the lesson was about more than basketball. so i dunno. if i come across as bashing this coach i am because i think he is in over his head. this team was supposed to compete for 2nd in the tvc and win some in the play-offs. these are not my words check some of the others. tonight they lost by 5 to southern while leading at the 1/2 by around 10. i wish it was as simple as removing 1 person but it isn't. we have a coach and a team searching for answers. if i knew i'd say something.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

frozen rope i don't know what you're talking about. are you suggesting that i'm meigs' golf coach and i'm doing something sick with tolar? that kind of thing needs to stop! i have talked about tolar because he is a good kid and a good player. the coach bashes him any chance he gets. that's all. if you're saying something else you need to say it and we can go to the moderators or worse. you need to stick to farfield union.

M_I_A
Waterboy

Post by M_I_A »

hate to say this but the meigs basketball team is headed in the wrong direction on a fast bus.! was at the game tonight you lead the game by as much as 12 points and blow the game. meigs dominated the game in the first half by attacking southern defense. secound half they played slow down ball and jeff caldwell of southern coached meigs coach in the ground !! like i said on a fast bus headed in the wrong direction the coach better put the brakes on . because right now the coaching not getting it done.been a meigs fan all my life played ball at meigs back in the day. they have the talent to win but you have to have the best five on the floor to win

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

mia the coach has played the same kids every game. same result every game. he believes anyone over 6' is not suitable to play basketball. so that eliminates chris goode, willie barcus and eric tolar from having any impact. this is not being critical ask the coach. if he had tyrone bouges on his team he would play center. why barcus is out there at all is beyond me. this kid hardly ever gets off the bench and last year in jv's he was a defensive stopper. there has to be a reason. chris goode at the end of the year last year looked ready to have a breakout year and now he sits alot.
it was suggested at the start of this year that coach wanted to keep his perfect record going, 0-21 as a player, i thought the blogger was kidding, maybe he was on to something.
i keep hoping things will get better but every game is the same. it is hard to be up when there is nothing good to look for. we as fans need to find something to root for but i don't know what. any outsiders looking in, is there anything we are doing right?

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

I think its about time we stop bashing Coach Ewing, if you think hes doing such a bad job, then why dont you apply for the job next year. Your statements about Coach Ewing are ignorant. He knows the game and he knows what he is doing. 2 years ago, when Coach Stout was out due to sickness, Ewing coached Belpre in 3 games and won all 3 of them. Maybe Meigs just doesnt have as much talent as you think they have. I have seen them play this year, and i didnt see what talent you were talking about. Im not trying to bash the players or kids, but you are talking up these kids and maybe they just arent as good as the teams they are playing. Give coach ewing a chance, you dont build a program in one year.

stockykid
Waterboy

Post by stockykid »

cpt. jack;
don't know about a complex but he believes in shooting 3's and quick defence. that works IF you have 13-14 really quick kids to shift in and stay fresh, shoot long distance and a big center as a stopper around the basket ala vinton or belpre. but meigs has a rotation of 7-8 with no big man and they're getting killed. by the end of the game the starting 5 , who have played most of the game are worn out or fouled out and no lead is safe. against alexander 5 fouled out i think.
prodigy;
he may know what he is doing but it's not showing on the floor. no i do not want the job. i don't want to be president either but i can still disagree with bush so lets put that line away because i bet you do also! you are bashing these kids by trying to shift the blame away from the coach. he is the coach if the starting 5 aren't playing right try a different line-up. if what you're doing isn't working try something that will work.
that's what coaches do!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Someone should call the Sentinel because they printed in today's paper that Meigs had 9 different players score in the game against Alexander :!: :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”