Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2021-22

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2021-22

Post by danicalifornia »

If we are the 4th best team in SE Ohio, it may be a rough year for the district

Lost a great senior class and are down to only 2 returners from last season. We’ll be okay by the end of the season, but it may take a while to get going.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Thanks PF
Webster way to high. Behind Waverly West Minford Valley and possibly Northwest and/or Wheelersburg in the SOCII

Portsmouth too low
Ironton too high
Notre Dame too high although they will win a bunch of games in the SOCI

Minford too low
West too low
Green too low. They are my sleeper team in the SOCI

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I actually really like where Portsmouth is. Last season wasn’t great, on paper they look improved with transfers, but until they actually hit the floor I think that’s about the right place for them.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

#7 Gallia will live up to that early season rating.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:31 pm If we are the 4th best team in SE Ohio, it may be a rough year for the district

Lost a great senior class and are down to only 2 returners from last season. We’ll be okay by the end of the season, but it may take a while to get going.
Who didn't come back?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:57 pm I mean we’ll take it but realistically we’re 4th place in SOC 2
Are my notes wrong from last season - the Jeeps return everyone except Lane Bond? Bender, Zimmerman,Lower, Carpenter, Buzzard all starters from last season? #6, #7 off the bench return as well? add 6-5 to 6-7 Roberts ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks for the input everyone! as I pointed out THIS season's Pre-Season is tough! the "usual" cast of characters - Warren, Logan Elm, Eastern Brown, Adena, Wheelersburg, Fairland, New Boston etc. who have been "write ins" to fill out the top 15 are now question marks ... there are a lot of transfers out there this season that WILL BE difference makers from the "git go" both to improve the teams they transferred to and make filling the void a big deal on the backside of the transfer ...

I've always said that Pre-season rankings are for ME to give teams as good of starting positions as possible to be fair to the teams/players and coaches ... I screwed up last season with Portsmouth West ! ... I wanted to make sure I didn't have a situation where a very good team - Portsmouth West - didn't have to jump literally the entire field to get the respect they deserved as the quality team they were all season in the rankings ... many of the teams that people are listing as too high or too low (some of you are privy to information I don't have on my end - who is playing , who is not, who is injured, who transferred out, who stayed put ) ... when I ranked them this preseason - I looked at who could move up based on the head to heads throughout the season ... I've been wrong before and will be wrong again - but we need a spot to start the preseason discussion , even if the discussions are a "beatdown on pfloyd" LOL - not a problem !!! I'm older than dirt to begin with, I've been confronted with far more challenging issues in my time - being told I'm wrong or clueless on a sports forum? it's all good ... let the beatings begin ! or continue LOL BESIDES when people tell me WHY I'm wrong - I LEARN !!! I get more information that goes into my library of information - IT.IS.ALL.GOOD.

It is sooooooo good to be back on here !!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:47 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:57 pm I mean we’ll take it but realistically we’re 4th place in SOC 2
Are my notes wrong from last season - the Jeeps return everyone except Lane Bond? Bender, Zimmerman,Lower, Carpenter, Buzzard all starters from last season? #6, #7 off the bench return as well? add 6-5 to 6-7 Roberts ...
Assuming everyone returns but it’s still going to be the same .500 team that the administration has come to accept. Nothing has changed for the better in the locker room. Same old coach same old problems.

Zimmerman Sr
Carpenter Sr
Blizzard Sr
Collins Jr
Lower Jr - I’m assuming Lower will be there... last I was told Coach Lower parted ways.
Bender Jr
Roberts Fr
Campbell So
Shupert F

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Hiddengem
Waterboy

Post by Hiddengem »

South Webster:

Beasley Jr. - returning

No Lower as a player this season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hiddengem wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:01 pm South Webster:

Beasley Jr. - returning

... all issues that will definitely have an effect on the rankings when the season starts up ... thanks guys for the input/side notes ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:46 am Was wondering what Logan has to be this high? Don't hear too much from the Logan people on Logan.
Looks like they have a ruff schedule. Playing a lot of Big schools this winter.
The Purple return everyone but graduating senior Ian Frasure. LHS has all kinds of varsity experience - Ashton Mahaffey, Mason Frasure, Tegan Myers, Owen Angle, Braydon Sturgell, Cayden Alford, Max Black, Carson Hodson etc. very athletic, expectations on a very good season should be there ... 10 games vs SEO teams ... Warren (2), Chillicothe (2), VC, Washington CH, FU. Sheridan, Athens ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:22 pm
noreply66 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:46 am Was wondering what Logan has to be this high? Don't hear too much from the Logan people on Logan.
Looks like they have a ruff schedule. Playing a lot of Big schools this winter.
The Purple return everyone but graduating senior Ian Frasure. LHS has all kinds of varsity experience - Ashton Mahaffey, Mason Frasure, Tegan Myers, Owen Angle, Braydon Sturgell, Cayden Alford, Max Black, Carson Hodson etc. very athletic, expectations on a very good season should be there ... 10 games vs SEO teams ... Warren (2), Chillicothe (2), VC, Washington CH, FU. Sheridan, Athens ...
Thank You

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Beasley Jr. - returning

Another case of kids not wanting to play for the circus? Or something else? Wouldn’t be the first or second or third or fourth really good player at Webster to set out

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:15 pm

Beasley Jr. - returning

Another case of kids not wanting to play for the circus? Or something else? Wouldn’t be the first or second or third or fourth really good player at Webster to set out
... thanks for the insight into what is going on at SW ... I'm learning ... is the big freshman still playing this season?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I’m assuming he is. It would’ve been posted somewhere if he wasn’t or transferred out. Losing lower is going to be a big blow. Losing Coach Lower was the killshot before the season even started.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

It’s the same thing that’s been going on since he’s had the job. Truthfully I said he deserved a shot at it since he was on the staff on the state teams. But I think that’s came and went and SW has missed the boat on 3 great head coaches they could’ve had.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:33 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:31 pm If we are the 4th best team in SE Ohio, it may be a rough year for the district

Who didn't come back?
Galloway is focusing on football, so he is not.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:59 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:33 am

Who didn't come back?
Galloway is focusing on football, so he is not.
That’s a blow

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don’t think SW starts off that high but may get there

Jackson? Can’t say. Basically 1 returning player can practice right now….everyone else graduated (Hammond/Kuhn/Erwin) Spires, hurt knee in football. Bragg, Blankenship, Prater, Winters, Campbell, Jarvis, Broermann are the project Ironmen players but at least another week before football is over and the transition from one to the next isn’t quick and some of those may not even be playing. Both Miller boys were going to have important spots decided not to play.

Jackson may be really really good come tournament time but there is a lot to put together and the majority of the rotation players haven’t touched a basketball since June. May be a struggle a bit early on…..Morrow and staff will have them ready when the time comes.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak should be really good. Barnett and Ashbaugh are two great scorers in the backcourt and Rhoades came on strong late last year. Return 4 of 5 starters and are athletic and gritty.

I imagine Eastern Brown will be better than you have them.

I think Eastern Pike gets out of that bottom group

Return to “Boys Basketball”