I 92’s Rankings and Random Thoughts...Week 10

bman
SEO

Re: I 92’s Rankings and Random Thoughts...Week 10

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:33 am I demand an apology from the poster who scalped me before the start of the season for saying Unioto, Piketon and Adena would all be top 15 teams. COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!
Remember the caveat I made that said if that's the case then this district is pretty weak? I don't see Piketon as a top 15 team, personally. The SVC is a subpar conference, overall, after the top two teams. Piketon's best two wins are over Valley (D4) and Trimble (D4). Did play Unioto close in The Oven, but close only works in hand grenades.

Adena and Unioto are both pretty solid. Not sure how far Unioto will go in the tournament due to the parity in Division II. They could get on a run if they get hot, ala Logan Elm last year, or have a pretty tough sectional final/district semifinal.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:21 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:33 am I demand an apology from the poster who scalped me before the start of the season for saying Unioto, Piketon and Adena would all be top 15 teams. COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!!
Remember the caveat I made that said if that's the case then this district is pretty weak? I don't see Piketon as a top 15 team, personally. The SVC is a subpar conference, overall, after the top two teams. Piketon's best two wins are over Valley (D4) and Trimble (D4). Did play Unioto close in The Oven, but close only works in hand grenades.

Adena and Unioto are both pretty solid. Not sure how far Unioto will go in the tournament due to the parity in Division II. They could get on a run if they get hot, ala Logan Elm last year, or have a pretty tough sectional final/district semifinal.
Just busting your balls. Piketon is a weird team for me. Not just because the people there are weird but the team. I feel they can play with anyone but just don’t have what it takes to get over that hump. D2 should be fun

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Nosing my two cents in for the sake of dialogue:

Unioto and Adenas best wins this year are against each other.
Unioto is 2-3 against D2 teams with their wins coming against Circleville and McClain (bad loss to Miami Trace). Outside of that Uniotos best wins would be against Piketon.

Adenas best wins (outside of Unioto) would be Piketon, Valley (d4), Chesapeake, and Miami Trace.

Conversely, take a team like Fairland. Their best win by far is Eastern, but after that it would be a 12-5 Piketon Team, 7-8 Chesapeake, and 5-8 ZT in terms of rankings. Fairland obviously better but the point is its hard to look at "quality wins" while also telling teams to try to beef up their schedule to prepare for the tournament.

Each team has to play the schedule put in front of them. 17, 13, and 12 wins respectively would justify top 15 status in my opinion. I would challenge teams in that 15-20 range to have a better record/schedule setup.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Seopnation wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Unioto is 2-3 against D2 teams with their wins coming against Circleville and McClain (bad loss to Miami Trace). Outside of that Uniotos best wins would be against Piketon.

Adenas best wins (outside of Unioto) would be Piketon, Valley (d4), Chesapeake, and Miami Trace.

Conversely, take a team like Fairland. Their best win by far is Eastern, but after that it would be a 12-5 Piketon Team, 7-8 Chesapeake, and 5-8 ZT in terms of rankings. Fairland obviously better but the point is its hard to look at "quality wins" while also telling teams to try to beef up their schedule to prepare for the tournament.

Each team has to play the schedule put in front of them. 17, 13, and 12 wins respectively would justify top 15 status in my opinion. I would challenge teams in that 15-20 range to have a better record/schedule setup.
I feel like our loss to Adena and Worthington Christian are justified. I still like our matchup against Adena and on a neutral court I think we beat them 7-10 times ish. I still feel like even with the season Boro is having that was a bad loss for us. MT haunts me still. To the point where I’m over wanting revenge out of fear they beat us again and I’d find myself piercing my own nipples and swinging from the Piketon water tower until my tits ripped off or I hit on coming traffic.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:50 pm

Just busting your balls. Piketon is a weird team for me. Not just because the people there are weird but the team. I feel they can play with anyone but just don’t have what it takes to get over that hump. D2 should be fun

Agree with you on all points.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:27 pm
Seopnation wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 pm

I feel like our loss to Adena and Worthington Christian are justified. I still like our matchup against Adena and on a neutral court I think we beat them 7-10 times ish. I still feel like even with the season Boro is having that was a bad loss for us. MT haunts me still. To the point where I’m over wanting revenge out of fear they beat us again and I’d find myself piercing my own nipples and swinging from the Piketon water tower until my tits ripped off or I hit on coming traffic.
Worthington Christian is a very solid team and was a nice pickup for Unioto on the schedule.

One of the things that makes it harder to compare teams is the inconsistent scheduling due to COVID-19. In a normal year if you expect to have a good team then you are going to typically schedule some good non-league games to give us a barometer. A number of teams are fighting to just get their league games in and picking up non-league games when they can. Another issue is teams playing down a couple of starters or being rusty coming off a couple of weeks off. Just glad the kids get to play, but it does make it tougher to compare. Hopefully we can get a clean tournament.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:35 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:50 pm

Agree with you on all points.
It’s almost like if they aren’t expected to win they don’t if that makes any sense. I hope they get over that before tournaments. I’d love to see them make a run

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... with ALL of the variables having to be taken into account - number games played, opponents played, Q-weeks, starters having to Q and be replaced by non-starters . playing only league games vs nonconference games ... the positive I take from ranking the teams THIS Q- season is that I have been able to watch the quality top 20-25 teams 4+ times , some teams I have watched every game they've played ... I feel really good about where I have teams ranked ... when I look at TSYS's seeding post each week - the rankings look even better when separated by divisions - nothing glaringly out of whack imo ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:06 pm ... with ALL of the variables having to be taken into account - number games played, opponents played, Q-weeks, starters having to Q and be replaced by non-starters . playing only league games vs nonconference games ... the positive I take from ranking the teams THIS Q- season is that I have been able to watch the quality top 20-25 teams 4+ times , some teams I have watched every game they've played ... I feel really good about where I have teams ranked ... when I look at TSYS's seeding post each week - the rankings look even better when separated by divisions - nothing glaringly out of whack imo ...
Pfloyd...how many guards have you seen better than Ryan Scott of Hillsboro?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:48 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:06 pm ... with ALL of the variables having to be taken into account - number games played, opponents played, Q-weeks, starters having to Q and be replaced by non-starters . playing only league games vs nonconference games ... the positive I take from ranking the teams THIS Q- season is that I have been able to watch the quality top 20-25 teams 4+ times , some teams I have watched every game they've played ... I feel really good about where I have teams ranked ... when I look at TSYS's seeding post each week - the rankings look even better when separated by divisions - nothing glaringly out of whack imo ...
Not many IF any ... he reminds me of Heller for Sheridan a couple of years ago when Sheridan went to the final 4 ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:27 pm
Not many IF any ... he reminds me of Heller for Sheridan a couple of years ago when Sheridan went to the final 4 ...
Scott is solid but Heller on a completely different level IMO

Heller is like Lebron in this scenario and Scott more like James Harden
Last edited by mlittle on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:52 pm

... no one is on the Heller level but he plays a similar role and game for the boro as Heller did for Sheridan ... Heller is a generational player just as Myers was for Logan that same year - what an epic battle and game that year at Logan with Bo Myers outscoring Heller 33 to 31 in the game at Logan, Logan getting the W ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:57 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:52 pm

... no one is on the Heller level but he plays a similar role and game for the boro as Heller did for Sheridan ... Heller is a generational player just as Myers was for Logan that same year - what an epic battle and game that year at Logan with Bo Myers outscoring Heller 33 to 31 in the game at Logan, Logan getting the W ...
I watched film on him praying we didn’t have to play him in tournament that year lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol that’s lofty. I read your next post too but Ethan Heller was another level. We had Scott to 6 points in our first matchup....we couldn’t hold Heller to under 15 with 10 tries. Scott right now is the favorite for FAC POY. His game to me reminds me of one of the many LE guards. Endless range and can get by you for the 12-15 foot pull up.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:45 pm

Lol that’s lofty. I read your next post too but Ethan Heller was another level. We had Scott to 6 points in our first matchup....we couldn’t hold Heller to under 15 with 10 tries. Scott right now is the favorite for FAC POY. His game to me reminds me of one of the many LE guards. Endless range and can get by you for the 12-15 foot pull up.
Had 16 against us and 15 were free throws.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:33 pm

I could say something similar about Ward from LE last year....but I won’t because he’s an elite player in this district.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:37 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:33 pm

I could say something similar about Ward from LE last year....but I won’t because he’s an elite player in this district.
He’s solid. And so is Scott. I just think if he played a different style he could be put in a different category. For me anyway

Return to “Boys Basketball”