Question for officials, coaches, A.D.'s

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Question for officials, coaches, A.D.'s

Post by Orange and Brown »

Coach's wife wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:46 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 pm
Coach's wife wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 pm My question, why so many technical fouls called on one team? It seems like if an official calls one on a certain team, other officials come into the games just looking to call one on them. It's not fair to the children playing the game to officiate in this manner. I think if an official calls a technical foul on a player or coach that official should no longer be permitted to officiate games involving that team. This has happened to a certain local team over the past few seasons and it's obvious those officials are looking to call one every game now. So why is that? Is it fair?
Technical fouls are part of the game. Occasionally I've run across an official or 2 who seem bent on calling one but for the most part, officials don't generally have a hair trigger when it comes to calling them.
If you want that as a rule, you and a lot of your friends better go out and get your officiating license because we will need several more officials to cover games.
Possibly. Or just maybe the official might think to him/herself, do I really want to call a technical on this player that looked at me funny, knowing they will not get another game with that team. Just maybe.
Officiating isn't perfect and sometimes it's pretty awful, but the answer to that is to get more people involved in it.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Technical fouls are part of the game. Occasionally I've run across an official or 2 who seem bent on calling one but for the most part, officials don't generally have a hair trigger when it comes to calling them.
If you want that as a rule, you and a lot of your friends better go out and get your officiating license because we will need several more officials to cover games.
Possibly. Or just maybe the official might think to him/herself, do I really want to call a technical on this player that looked at me funny, knowing they will not get another game with that team. Just maybe.
Officiating isn't perfect and sometimes it's pretty awful, but the answer to that is to get more people involved in it.
Quite frankly, if you are trying to discourage an official from making calls, why would any of them want to work in your gym.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:34 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:33 pm

Quite frankly, if you are trying to discourage an official from making calls, why would any of them want to work in your gym.
BINGO!

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

Coach's wife wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 pm My question, why so many technical fouls called on one team? It seems like if an official calls one on a certain team, other officials come into the games just looking to call one on them. It's not fair to the children playing the game to officiate in this manner. I think if an official calls a technical foul on a player or coach that official should no longer be permitted to officiate games involving that team. This has happened to a certain local team over the past few seasons and it's obvious those officials are looking to call one every game now. So why is that? Is it fair?
Sounds like someone's little boy got T'd up. Boo hoo let's don't have those mean refs back. :mrgreen:

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Orestes' wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Sounds like someone's little boy got T'd up. Boo hoo let's don't have those mean refs back. :mrgreen:
T's are called for one reason, to calm down an out of control coach or player. Good call Ref. ;)

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

rickoshay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:24 pm
Orestes' wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:20 pm

T's are called for one reason, to calm down an out of control coach or player. Good call Ref. ;)
Some mommy's and daddy's think it's just to be mean to little Johnny. Surely little Johnny wouldn't do anything to warrant a technical foul. :mrgreen:

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Officials don't want to call Ts I have heard officials tell coaches to calm down that you still in the game, maybe they be down by 6 or 8 with couple minutes to go

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Sitting close to the floor I hear a lot of trash talking and foul language . When as an official do you say enough is enough. If you hear in the stands you gotta hear it on the court . Do you warn a player first or do you T him or her up ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”